navy open house...

Status
Not open for further replies.
o..and if you are going there with a female companion.. remind her not to wear a skirt if you intend to go on board the ships... the stairs can be very very steep... :bsmilie:

I concur, also bring a hat and sun tan lotion. I had a very good tan today.:bsmilie:

o..and if you are going there with a female companion.. remind her not to wear a skirt if you intend to go on board the ships... the stairs can be very very steep... :bsmilie:

well... all i can say is its very well organised... :) really a great day at the CNB... :)

thanks to all the guys working in the hot sun to bring this event... ;)

Hi Guys

There's alot of walking if you prepare to go there....
Plus if you need to visit the exhibition in EXPO, the walking is quite a lot.

Just give you a ideas...

Walk 1) Take train to EXPO...walk from Hall 6... to...1, right to the end of the exhibition Hall. Takes about 10-15mins.
A free shuttle bus will bring you to Naval Base.
Walk 2) From drop off point to the first LST ship..
Takes about 10-15mins.
Walk 3) OK, this is the walking test. Almost every ship that you visit need to queue, each of them is about 20-30mins or more. From the first ship to the last ship about walking distance 400m minimium. It is qute hot under afternoon sun. Do take abreak at the performance area.
Walk 4) Going back from the LST ship to the bus pickup point... will take you another 15-20mins.
Walk 5) If after you drop off from EXPO, you like to visit the Food Fair & those other exhibition in EXPO.. will take you another hour or so.

So over walking is around 4-5 hrs...

Take care

well... all i can say is its very well organised... :) really a great day at the CNB... :)

thanks to all the guys working in the hot sun to bring this event... ;)

Hi Guys

There's alot of walking if you prepare to go there....
Plus if you need to visit the exhibition in EXPO, the walking is quite a lot.

Just give you a ideas...

Walk 1) Take train to EXPO...walk from Hall 6... to...1, right to the end of the exhibition Hall. Takes about 10-15mins.
A free shuttle bus will bring you to Naval Base.
Walk 2) From drop off point to the first LST ship..
Takes about 10-15mins.
Walk 3) OK, this is the walking test. Almost every ship that you visit need to queue, each of them is about 20-30mins or more. From the first ship to the last ship about walking distance 400m minimium. It is qute hot under afternoon sun. Do take abreak at the performance area.
Walk 4) Going back from the LST ship to the bus pickup point... will take you another 15-20mins.
Walk 5) If after you drop off from EXPO, you like to visit the Food Fair & those other exhibition in EXPO.. will take you another hour or so.

So over walking is around 4-5 hrs...

Take care

:eek: :eek:

OK confirm not going. I hate sunlight.

did anyone take picture of fiona xie?

the best part of the whole thing is the boat ride, waited 1 hour for it, but was worth it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.