my goodness. if my boss hit me llike that and i will ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to news, the people had been identified.

The guy jiak lak liao. I think his company will sack him and the Police will charge him, and he will appear in news and very hard to find job after that.

Try to control anger lah.

The guy jiak lak liao. I think his company will sack him and the Police will charge him, and he will appear in news and very hard to find job after that.

Maybe can get a job in the foodcourt supervising people putting their used utensils back?

Last edited:
Maybe can get a job in the foodcourt supervising people putting their used utensils back?

Good idea. This guy will slap anyone who never put their used utensils back.

OneFC might hire him :)

maybe can work for prison, do the caning

Become CS KPT mod :bsmilie:

Victim of workplace abuse files police report - Channel NewsAsia

SINGAPORE: Police said a report has been lodged with regard to an incident of physical abuse at the workplace. The report was lodged by the 29-year-old victim. This comes as the incident was filmed and uploaded on video-sharing site YouTube. The video documenting a man hitting another man went viral after it was uploaded on May 18. The original video has now been taken down from YouTube but is still making its rounds online. The video is understood to have been taken by an intern who was working at the office.

A Singapore Institute of Management (SIM) spokesperson has confirmed that the intern is a student with the school. The spokesperson said the student started his internship just two days before he recorded the video on May 15. SIM said in the interest of the student, it terminated his internship with the company immediately. SIM added the student has been offered assistance.

Meanwhile, in a statement released on Monday evening, the Manpower Ministry (MOM) said it was notified of the video via email on Monday. MOM said it has been in touch with the intern who recorded the video. The ministry also reminds employers they are expected to treat their employees fairly and with respect. It added that in situations where employees feel threatened, they should report to their supervisor or human resource officer. MOM said if they belong to a union, victims of abuse should seek advice and assistance from their unions. And in the case of physical harm, victims of abuse should report to the police immediately.

So now the MSM from SPH has exposed the abuser as Mr. Alan Lee from Encore eServices.

Multiple MSM from SPH is also saying the victim graduated with a university degree and had been working in the past three years for Encore eServices at S$500.00 per month. Something is seriously wrong here, either someone is exagerrating or the victim has some sort of mental or social challengers and disability.

41782650096562663950212.jpg

Translation: Victim graduated with a university degree and had been working in the past three years for Encore eServices at S$500.00 per month. Victim's family demanded S$100,000 in compensation.

Last edited:
So now the MSM from SPH has exposed the abuser as Mr. Alan Lee from Encore eServices.

Multiple MSM from SPH is also saying the victim graduated with a university degree and had been working in the past three years for Encore eServices at S$500.00 per month. Something is seriously wrong here, either someone is exagerrating or the victim has some sort of mental or social challengers and disability.

41782650096562663950212.jpg

Translation: Victim graduated with a university degree and had been working in the past three years for Encore eServices at S$500.00 per month. Victim's family demanded S$100,000 in compensation.

let's just wait for EDMW to do the CSI for us shall we? :)

Slapping video victim's family demanding $100k compensation | AsiaOne Business

Never mind about the family... These are some scary points:

1. Work for three years at $500/month after graduation, without benefits or leave.
2. Did not want to leave as there were unfinished projects.
3. Stay when company ask him to, when he was thinking of resigning.
4. Refused pay raise as supervisor says he is inexperienced.
5. Still can say that he is happy to have learnt a lot on the job, and grateful to the supervisor for letting him take paid leave when grandmother passed away.

The guy is like a model employee or something..

i'm actually surprised his family didn't know he was only making $500.

his family members didn't know he getting $500 a month? should have persuaded him to quit long ago...

btw, what does MSM stand for?

Last edited:
100k is a low amount to demand to make up for 3 years of backpay balance, accrued CPF, bonuses and leave encashment.

$100,000/36mths = $2777 a month in back pay + $500/mth = $3277/mth . Take home should be about $2400/mth after taking into consideration all that

If maid abuse can land employer in jail , this scumbag should be treated no differently

Last edited:
100k is a low amount to demand to make up for 3 years of backpay balance, accrued CPF, bonuses and leave encashment.

$100,000/36mths = $2777 a month in back pay + $500/mth = $3277/mth . Take home should be about $2400/mth after taking into consideration all that

If maid abuse can land employer in jail , this scumbag should be treated no differently

To be fair, he was a 26 year old adult when he started work, now he's 29.

I agree that it's unfair to pay the guy $500/month, but he's an adult. He accepted that wage. Why is his family taking away his prerogative as an adult to earn a low wage, if that was his wish for the past 3 years?

The abuse and the low wage are separate issues to me.

Even Maid recommended minimum pay is $500 + free lodging and F&B !!! I earn 700-800 when I am a waiter many years ago as a 16 yrs old O Level holder. Degree only $500/mth is something very wrong. No person in the right frame of mind will accept that some more for 3 years!!! Must be an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.