My Friend send me an intresting thread... Old bus in sg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
afbug said:
Taking those Leyland double decker was a treat to me last time. My grandpa used to bring me on those long trips. I like to sit upstairs right in front. :)

hehehe, especially when seated at the left most front seat, it's got this floaty feeling. whenever the bus ploughs thru low tree foliage, all the plik-plak twig breaking sounds.....

during that time, there's a periscope for the bus uncle to look at what goes on in the upper deck. nowadays no more liao....

user12343 said:
during that time, there's a periscope for the bus uncle to look at what goes on in the upper deck. nowadays no more liao....

There's video cameras on the upper decks for some buses now I think.

BTW, some of the old SBS buses ended up with a worse fate - they're bullet-ridden after being used for training sessions by SAF...

hahahaha those periscope! I used to peep at the driver and make funny faces at him. Some saw me, most dun. They just drive on. I prefer to sit on the right and pretend that i'm the driver. Can peep at the periscope too and still get that floaty feeling. There're those little windows or ventalition slots at the top of the front wind screen that I always insist to open. Sometimes my grandpa does it for me, till I grow taller and open it myself.

It is just so sad that these things are never going to happen again. :( The bus trip WAS the highlight. I used to stay at Telok Blangah and till now, theres not double decker that plys Telok Blangah way road. We had to make a trip on single deck bus to Chinatown and take #2 or others like 147 etc.

I wonder if my grandpa is willing to take another bus trip with me or not. But it is going to be a superbus and he will have problems climbing the stairs these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.