My Friend send me an intresting thread... Old bus in sg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still remembered the passengers had to close the ventilation openings on the bus roof whenever it rains. I was too short to reach the overhead handrail back then!

Used to take those 137 to the zoo also.

very cool, anywhere got old car thread?

clarinet said:
wow... that was like donkey years ago:eek:

yup.. just finished school then...

now, i wish i could find a bus WITHOUT aircon for my first grandchild to sit... let him zhai see a bit muhahaha

F5user said:

now, i wish i could find a bus WITHOUT aircon for my first grandchild to sit... let him zhai see a bit muhahaha
try bus 74 during morning off peak, high chance of getting non aircon bus...

afbug said:
Wah is that Toa Payoh interchange? :heart: Remembered that place well although i dun stay near there. Used to go there with my mom. :heart:

Those buses...oooo i likes. Esp those colour full tickets! And manuel gear! :bsmilie: When the door opens/close, it goes 'psssssst!'

Yeah ...... those colourful tickets At that time the bus conductor will come to u n ask how much? mine is always half price;) then he will take out from his pouch a ticket and punch a hole on it! and pay on the spot!

Dat time feeder bus service on 5cents then up 10cents to 15cents to 25cents and now almost 70cents:confused: what a raise!!!

F5user said:

Try 151.....

One thing I remeber is the rear seat of the old buses. Alot of them used to be loose, so when the driver brakes suddenly, the whole seat used to lurch foward.

Bus drivers racing each other at night along Upper Thompson Road & Sembawang Road.

Photography is such a powerful tool. I noticed that for one, the posted fotos didn't get comments like - "underexposed!" "noisy, what camera is that!?" - but stirs the soul and touches the heart. I remember how I used to enjoy the cheap thrills of having free rides when the bus is too crowded for the conductor to sell me the bus ticket.

from the days of Leyland, Volvo, Merc, Saab-Scania buses... manual flipping of the service number plates, standing passengers furiously slapping onto warm seat vacated by other passengers, etc.

wow, those were the good days. feeder trunk service 15cents, children below 1.2 (or 1.5m? can't remember) pay only 25cents irrespective of distance travelled.

in the days of OMO (one-man-operated) ticketing machines, a lot of fare cheats purposely pay the minimum amount and travel the maximum distance.

i once saw an underpaid commuter kena fxxked by the bus driver until shoik shoik then opened the exit door...

I still remember when the bus is super crowded and the Mat Rockers jamming their compo with heavy metal music and u are standing beside them. :sweat:

how come no one mentioned about the time when raining and all windows closed.... hot, stuffy, sweaty, smelly in the bus..... worse of all windows all foggy until cannot see outside... dun even know wheather got overshot the stop a not..... Best of all outside the bus is much cooler than the inside of the bus...

- And all those drawings on the windows when they fog up.
- Then have to wipe a circle to see outside otherwise can't know which stop.
- And all those folded tickets tucked behind the seats where the metal handrail & backboard meets.
- And the water reservour that slides up & down the window ledge after it rains...

Last 2 pt hard to describe,.u guys understand?:bsmilie:

firestone said:
- And all those folded tickets tucked behind the seats where the metal handrail & backboard meets.
- And the water reservour that slides up & down the window ledge after it rains...

Last 2 pt hard to describe,.u guys understand?:bsmilie:

i fully understand and visualize what you describing..... ;)

When did they stop the colourful tickets and started the OMO?

Seems that we have a bunch of pp here in the 30s.

Ihsan Chua said:
When did they stop the colourful tickets and started the OMO?

Seems that we have a bunch of pp here in the 30s.

when i first know i was taking a bus in 1985, it already OMO le...

hahaha, another thing. have to buy those monthly concession tickets to paste onto the bus pass....

during holidays, want to save cost, share the bus-stamp with siblings, paste some doublesided tape and can peel to "reuse" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.