My Friend send me an intresting thread... Old bus in sg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
firestone said:
- And all those drawings on the windows when they fog up.
- Then have to wipe a circle to see outside otherwise can't know which stop.
- And all those folded tickets tucked behind the seats where the metal handrail & backboard meets.
- And the water reservour that slides up & down the window ledge after it rains...

Last 2 pt hard to describe,.u guys understand?:bsmilie:

Fully understand. When the driver brake a little too hard, all the reservour water rush to the front and overflows.. haha!

I remember back then I was so young/short and the windows of the top-deck of double decker seems so high.

user12343 said:
hahaha, another thing. have to buy those monthly concession tickets to paste onto the bus pass....

during holidays, want to save cost, share the bus-stamp with siblings, paste some doublesided tape and can peel to "reuse" :)
Those were the days... my last bus stamp I brought is in Dec of my jc yr2... then all become ez-links le...

F5user said:
Still remember the busses under the "Hock Lee" company. Shiok!!!

yah loh. all these buses have doors. long time ago the buses got no door, so that you can pack the bus to capacity and still have some people hanging outside the door. heehee. you thought it only happens in India?

sk_2 said:
1927.jpg
1971.jpg

source

wow! this is exactly it. see those old bus top made of cement! and the buses then were multi-coloured, red, green, yellow, silver. can't remember got blue anot.

clarinet said:
Those were the days... my last bus stamp I brought is in Dec of my jc yr2... then all become ez-links le...

keep those bus-stamps, they might be a collectors' item :bsmilie:

I was too short at that time to use the bell. Its a long strip of rubber from the front to the rear in the middle of the ceiling. So i like to sit behind the rear door where there is a small strip of rubber bell on the side wall for me to press. :)

The colourful tickets was early 80s i think? Strap to the conductor's money pouch and armed with a single hole puncher. My ticket is only the pink reddish one.....for kids. Adults got the other colours.

The windows also rattle like mad during the journey. :bsmilie: Suspension is super hard type. You can bounce around in your sit when the bus hits a bump.

hwchoy said:
I don't think your bus card is old enough to be collectible :sticktong :p
i think so too.. mine is those plastic type.. the older one is those paper de..

clarinet said:
i think so too.. mine is those plastic type.. the older one is those paper de..

Gots pics? :p :bigeyes:

user12343 said:
from the days of Leyland, Volvo, Merc, Saab-Scania buses... manual flipping of the service number plates, standing passengers furiously slapping onto warm seat vacated by other passengers, etc.

wow, those were the good days. feeder trunk service 15cents, children below 1.2 (or 1.5m? can't remember) pay only 25cents irrespective of distance travelled.

in the days of OMO (one-man-operated) ticketing machines, a lot of fare cheats purposely pay the minimum amount and travel the maximum distance.

i once saw an underpaid commuter kena fxxked by the bus driver until shoik shoik then opened the exit door...

the green plates and the white plates???

tink ( i maybe wrong ) the diff is for the same service #, the green travels a shorter route while the white one travels the same route, but goes to some other roads before merging back with the green route.

anyway, dunno how many donkey years never take bus liao..... :)

user12343 said:
hahaha, another thing. have to buy those monthly concession tickets to paste onto the bus pass....

ya, i still keeping those bus pass with the bus-stamps....those were the days....

user12343 said:
tink ( i maybe wrong ) the diff is for the same service #, the green travels a shorter route while the white one travels the same route, but goes to some other roads before merging back with the green route.

When I recall my days staying in Toa Payoh; they essentially denote the same route, but taken in reversed directions.

I used to memorize bus numbers (licence plates), and used to be so amazed at 12:50am in the morning, a EB17 would pass by my block in front of my current block.

And not to forget, I managed to hop on Svc 168 from AMK to Orchard once, which was supposedly a treat, but since those buses weren't new if I remember; more like bought over from travel companies, I remember how packed it was. Can't remember even if there's a specific exit doorway or not :p

i remembered last time, there this bus service 231 and 232 in TP interchange that has 2 color plates...... heh

jason380 said:
ya, i still keeping those bus pass with the bus-stamps....those were the days....

bro, scan 'em and put as ur wallpaper in the office. power sia!

Taking those Leyland double decker was a treat to me last time. My grandpa used to bring me on those long trips. I like to sit upstairs right in front. :)

afbug said:
Taking those Leyland double decker was a treat to me last time. My grandpa used to bring me on those long trips. I like to sit upstairs right in front. :)

Ditto. Used to pretend I was the driver, while I was at it! :D

Had this funny feeling that the bus was travelling in between two lanes... only after many years later, I learnt this thing called parallax :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.