My 1st Pentax

Yeah! Sounds like same experience as you those days shooting was more challenging but Fun & anticipating the image turnout. I did weddings shoots as it was easy to come by because those days people were more thrifty & hiring a student was more cheaper. I remember charging $35 per roll of film minimum 5 rolls. About the flash I got myself a brand new Sunpak G4500 flash in 1991, @ Foto Guide for only $210. This flash with the handle grip Make it look more professional. Old school photography. Ha Ha Ha

Hahaha...same sia...$35 per roll too...wah foto guide this name long no hear liao....now kena guided by cathay hahhaha....ya u r right, that time every roll u shoot feels excited till next day...hahaha heart attack sia....like waiting for exam result hahaha....

Those shots if u care to enlarge it, is worth more than your camera

Enlarge it?? Mai lah.. later all the flaws, like handshake, misfocus come out hahahaha....

Only this picture will be worth enlarging.. lol!!! The K7 shooting the K5 Silver and FA31 silver. My 1st Silver body and lens for Pentax.
Gotten the FA31mm first and always love it :heart:

Enlarge it?? Mai lah.. later all the flaws, like handshake, misfocus come out hahahaha....

Only this picture will be worth enlarging.. lol!!! The K7 shooting the K5 Silver and FA31 silver. My 1st Silver body and lens for Pentax.
Gotten the FA31mm first and always love it :heart:

https://flic.kr/p/9sbgth

Niceeeee....misss all silver....

Bro u still using k3?? U still stay ard eunos?? Can meet up to try ur da20-40?

ya..can..if timing is ok for both of us

Hahaha...same sia...$35 per roll too...wah foto guide this name long no hear liao....now kena guided by cathay hahhaha....ya u r right, that time every roll u shoot feels excited till next day...hahaha heart attack sia....like waiting for exam result hahaha....

Oh yeah Shooting film was expensive & have to use it cautiosly. Ha Ha Ha! Foto guide gave one of the best service in town especially the gentleman named "Nelson". They had wide veriety of Pentax PK mount lenses & Photographic products at very good price. Nowadays I can't seem to find such service.

Hahaha bro i almost same as u bought my 1st slr in early 90s and start to do some wedding n small event photography...very tough that time as u can't review what u took and hv to base on what setting u have done good in the previous shots...that time i remember i bought a 2nd hand metz 45ct....looks pro sia hahaha....i stoppwd abt 15 yrs and my first digital slr goes to pentax k5 and till now....thx man

Yeah! Sounds like same experience as you those days shooting was more challenging but Fun & anticipating the image turnout. I did weddings shoots as it was easy to come by because those days people were more thrifty & hiring a student was more cheaper. I remember charging $35 per roll of film minimum 5 rolls. About the flash I got myself a brand new Sunpak G4500 flash in 1991, @ Foto Guide for only $210. This flash with the handle grip Make it look more professional. Old school photography. Ha Ha Ha

There was another brand called topcon say 30 over yrs ago that has disappeared.. I remembered using it in early 80's

Otc

Yes! I've seen it on display in 1 of the shops in Peninsula, Not sure if this Camera is PK mount.

Oh yeah Shooting film was expensive & have to use it cautiosly. Ha Ha Ha! Foto guide gave one of the best service in town especially the gentleman named "Nelson". They had wide veriety of Pentax PK mount lenses & Photographic products at very good price. Nowadays I can't seem to find such service.

Ya...nelson is the one now working in camera workshop right? His other partner work in cathay. Now i seldom shop there...hahaha...

Is Nelson the guy with a balding head with a moustach and beard? If so, he is now at The Camera Workshop. I too learnt a lot from him when I first started photography. Till today he still tells me of nice goodies to purchase when he see me in The Camera Workshop

Last edited:
Is Nelson the guy with a balding head with a moustach and beard? If so, he is now at The Camera Workshop. I too learnt a lot from him when I first started photography. Till today he still tells me of nice goodies to purchase when he see me in The Camera Workshop

Yes he is the one.

Yes! Nelson is the Bald Elderly Gentleman with the Beard, I know he works in the Camera Workshop. I think he use to be the boss of Foto Guide, very knowledgeable & humble. During the the Foto guide days I always buy my photo stuff there because no need to bargain & the price is Good.

Yes! Nelson is the Bald Elderly Gentleman with the Beard, I know he works in the Camera Workshop. I think he use to be the boss of Foto Guide, very knowledgeable & humble. During the the Foto guide days I always buy my photo stuff there because no need to bargain & the price is Good.

Old memories man...haha...those were the days....that time also got the old camera workshop when his dad was there....nice guy....:)

Ya...nelson is the one now working in camera workshop right? His other partner work in cathay. Now i seldom shop there...hahaha...

I think alot of Local Photographers knows Nelson. About 2yrs ago I bought a used SMC Pentax F 70-210mm f4 from him. He also deals with used Pentax Camera & Lenses.

First Pentax: Optio 430RS. Truly dreadful - I think it was made by Casio, who had an identical camera with a different model name.

$430rs_front_blk.jpg

First film SLR: Canon AE-1

First Pentax DSLR: *istD (stupid name that nobody knew how to pronounce)

First camera ever (which shows how old I am): Kodak Brownie 127 just like this one:

$Brownie127.jpg

And THIS was the first photo I ever took with it (in 1958): my dad's 1957 Vauxhall Victor in our driveway. Not bad eh?

$Vauxhall Victor.r copy.jpg

Tim