MRT: reliably consistent

Can we propose solutions instead?

We help them to help ourselves!
Can...but those measures will be too drastic .....

Can we propose solutions instead?

We help them to help ourselves!

Solution is very simple -> SMRT CEO + all their CXX + all the way down to the manager level -> all their KPIs are tag to train breakdown %.
Zero breakdown get 100% bonus, 1% breakdown get zero bonus.

$$$ drive behavior or should I say work culture in this case.
See if this will solve the problem.

maybe some of LTA guys & Ministry of Transport also should have this KPI in their annual $$$ assessment package.

Solution is very simple -> SMRT CEO + all their CXX + all the way down to the manager level -> all their KPIs are tag to train breakdown %.

maybe some of LTA guys & Ministry of Transport also should have this KPI in their annual $$$ assessment package.

That is definitely not in line with the standard international practice of pegging a private entity's management bonus to profit.

NEXT!!!

That is definitely not in line with the standard international practice of pegging a private entity's management bonus to profit.

NEXT!!!

The mother of all evil - privatize of SMRT.

Then, the previous CEO also got no fault then - shareholder value profit as nos 1 KPI.
Why then she was sent the marching order ??

Last edited:

NEXT!!!

...... the CCB 超级白 (white) paper on population growth is the cause of all this problem .............. burn it as a sacrifice and offering to appease the spirits ..... otherwise build a new transport system .......or engage Donald Trump as CEO....and Elected President . :)

Last edited:
...... the CCB 超级白 (white) paper on population growth is the cause of all this problem .............. burn it as a sacrifice and offering to appease the spirits ..... otherwise build a new transport system .......or engage Donald Trump as CEO....and Elected President . :)

Obviously someone will want to conveniently point a finger at migrants for SMRT's failure or failing that at the Man with Red Loincloth.

:bsmilie:

Last edited:
Major outage. Will going nuclear help with all these power issues?
That's like buying Norwegian oil instead of Saudi oil because your Proton breaks down... :bsmilie:

Obviously someone will want to conveniently point a finger at migrants for SMRT's failure or failing that at the Man with Red Loincloth.

:bsmilie:

...... I guess you have never been inside an MRT train before or for some time already .............. :)

You're right. I walk. Singapore is a small place. :bsmilie:

......... no wonder up till now still fail to spot anyone wearing red loin cloth on the MRT ...............:bsmilie:

So the solutions are:

Hire a German

Engage a Japanese

Get a Italian

and even a man from China or from UNCLE..

Horray.. the problem solved!

You should be the only one in MRT wearing it. :bsmilie:

If anyone wearing it ....they will make this new announcement ..... [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]"If you see any suspicious-looking person or article, please inform our staff. or call 999.......Man in red loin cloth is harmless as long as the red article remains intact".................. :bsmilie:[/FONT]

We all obviously know they have a big operations problem. We can continue to whack them but the situation will remain until they really acknowledge these issues. The fatal incident tells the public that they lack basic safety work culture.

It's like having the attitude that's it's somebody else problem when incidents and breakdown happened.

Maybe it's true when a friend of mine who resigned from SMRT as a maintenance crew way back in the mid 90s, said that when you pay peanuts you get monkeys. They already have issues way back in the 90s, if my friend is telling the truth then.

So when MRT get big profit..will ppl make noise that they get too much $$$$?

We all obviously know they have a big operations problem. We can continue to whack them but the situation will remain until they really acknowledge these issues. The fatal incident tells the public that they lack basic safety work culture.

It's like having the attitude that's it's somebody else problem when incidents and breakdown happened.

Maybe it's true when a friend of mine who resigned from SMRT as a maintenance crew way back in the mid 90s, said that when you pay peanuts you get monkeys. They already have issues way back in the 90s, if my friend is telling the truth then.

High retrenchment for PMET... so everybody is hiring MONKEYS now!

Wow peanut will get more expensive as we now need more peanut to feed MONKEYS!

But they still comment that fare revenue is not increasing enough with cost increases .......... Sigh