MP drill not in sync during Istana change of guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are bound to happen for newbie spds members, because they are new. Do you know how hard the training is before we are qualified to perform? Did you put in other factors, like nervousness? No matter whether you are the old batch or the new batch, newbird or old bird, there is still some chance of mistakes. (Normal spectators sometimes can't see, but we can identify.)
Why don't you try it yourself? You think it is easy being a squad member or a squad master?
What's wrong with making mistakes? You don't make mistakes? Wow, super :thumbsup: Then I think you should be sent to the spds instructor course in Taiwan. You would probably MIA within a week.

relax man, yes people makes mistakes but if they're allowed to performed in front of public, i just think more should be done about their readiness before actually being allowed. We all know it is hard, i mean, of course it's hard with the precision involved and the weight of the rifle itself.

The way I see it, it is not the men's fault. If it is one guy making all the mistakes, then fine. He should get punished. However, there are so many mistakes being made by so many men. Obviously, there must be some planning error, or the drill sergeant was slacking and did not train them hard enough.

Anyway, maybe this was a small event at the Istana, and they are using this opportunity to shame the men... show them what could happen if they don't train hard enough. When I was learning how to play the piano, my teacher sometimes make us perform, so that we will train harder. If we perform badly, we will malu... then we will train harder for the next show. Sometimes small events are used to expose the newbies to public performance. The first few times are nerve wrecking...

Unfortunately, because of YouTube, even small events can be viewed by many.

We don't know the context of the drill, so let's not be too hard on them. Well, at least we get a good laugh. It's like that American Got Talent show. It's usually those with least talent that are the most entertaining. :D

Someone mentioned nervousness or being new as excuses.... I don't think that's any explanation. If they are new and ie prone to making mistakes, how come they were there to perform in the first place? All the other seniors ORD already or couldn't find anyone else? It doesn't mean one is new etc so mistakes like that are aceptable. Better not to perform in the first place.

Well, if it's nervousness cos those guys were secondary school students forced to perform in public, or non-professionals maybe, it's understandable. But if you are regarded with high standards and can't deliver, then anyone has the right to criticize.

It's a performance in public, and these guys represent the military org. in Spore. And it's not a simple slip.. I see lots of out-of-sync and one guy even stood rooted there fumbling with his moves and even acted blur by not moving at all for a looong time!

Now this is what I call top-notch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yMT5PbU8BA&NR=1
:thumbsup:

Unfortunately, because of YouTube, even small events can be viewed by many.

We don't know the context of the drill, so let's not be too hard on them. Well, at least we get a good laugh. It's like that American Got Talent show. It's usually those with least talent that are the most entertaining. :D

it is the monthly Change of Guard Ceremony and it ain't some talent show. The context of the drill and for the matter and drill the MP do is simple. Precise and timely. When i see them, i only think of precise, accurate and darn smartly dress.

and involved in 5 years of fly pass of the state flag for NDPs. So I know what I'm talking about.

EXACTLY! this youtube videos, translated to the job you have to carry out is almost like flying the flag upside down when the national anthem is playing while the whole parade is in salute position!

It's already there mate. Go to Army open house (from this week till next weekend) and see for yourself and you'll know where our $ goes to....For our soldiers now to have hot food durnig war time and have a good 'pang sai' session in these mobile units! :cry:
well, how many units actually have it in their stores, and actually let their soldiers use it in training? very very few.

Wait until you see those SGT who hantam canteen and duang all day long, throw all the crap to PTE and LCP. SGT screw up who clean up? CPLs... :sweat:

CPL bao dou them lor

Not that hard la, of course it varies from unit to unit and whether individuals have the smarts and streetsmarts

Status
Not open for further replies.