MP drill not in sync during Istana change of guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the very first COG for them and they have others major events on-going for them like the Kuala Lumpur International Tattoo early next month.

Perhaps they mixed up their sequences with the other shows, who knows?

Let's not be so harsh and hopefully the next time they perform, they will do us proud in KL! :D

huh.. mixed up sequence... lol... ok la.. lets all hope they all sign extra then.... :devil:

huh.. mixed up sequence... lol... ok la.. lets all hope they all sign extra then.... :devil:

Extras are the best way to put in more practice! :bsmilie:
(at least that is what I tell my boys...;p)

Very nice cannon drill! :bsmilie:

Low pay or no pay, that has nothing to do with the issue, I have seen cleaners with more work pride than people who earn $1million a day.

I got **** pay during NS but I had a job to do, so I did it well, no excuses.

Yes, NS really pays tiny peanuts for the cr*p that we do.

However, it is National Service - and you are doing it for your family & loved ones. (Lets not confuse country and the ruling party here.)

And at public events, you are representing your fellow citizens and country - whether you like it or not.

Surely this is reason enough to spur you to give of your best? Must good performance be so closely tied to only financial gains?

I've meet soldiers from poorer countries who are paid a pittance but they still have heaps more pride in their profession and country than most of us put together.

Yes, I understand your points. It is just me, my heart is dead.

Low pay or no pay, that has nothing to do with the issue, I have seen cleaners with more work pride than people who earn $1million a day.

Good, I like all you have said... Go tell that to your master.

Extras are the best way to put in more practice! :bsmilie:
(at least that is what I tell my boys...;p)

no... not practice.

Buliding better bonds and COMRADEship amongst fellow soldiers, TeamWork, and of course, Practice makes perfect.

wah........
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

may i know your rank and unit? I would like to recommend you for best soldier award. :bsmilie:

Yes, NS really pays tiny peanuts for the cr*p that we do.

However, it is National Service - and you are doing it for your family & loved ones. (Lets not confuse country and the ruling party here.)

And at public events, you are representing your fellow citizens and country - whether you like it or not.

Surely this is reason enough to spur you to give of your best? Must good performance be so closely tied to only financial gains?

I've meet soldiers from poorer countries who are paid a pittance but they still have heaps more pride in their profession and country than most of us put together.

yea...i hate it when people start cursing and swearing about the poor NS pay and the tough job.

it's something all male citizens have to go through, like it or not, so why not just do your best and learn something from the 2 years? If people think the pay is crap, why not aim to be officers and get the highest pay he can get in his 2years of service.

I was in MPC in July, and I could see the SPU working hard for their drills, sweating out hours daily. they also had to practice drills for the COC parade late in July and considering their busy schedule, i won't go down too hard on them if i was their superior. (at least they did not blank out when they made a mistake but could cover up fine)

may i know your rank and unit? I would like to recommend you for best soldier award. :bsmilie:

Why so interested in me

I don't care about best soldier award la, that one normally has nothing to do with work attitudes, grin

People make mistake.ut sure kena.... some weekends may be burnt...

After watching the video, I really don't know whether to empathize or look down on them. I feel that NS nowadays are much more relaxed as comparied to 10 years or more ago. Although we have better weapons, hardware, etc, the quality of soldiers nowadays are lower compared to last time.

When we fight a war, we use weapons, but at the end of the day, it's still the human factor that wins the war. If one gets too comfortable, performance is sure to be affected when these comfortable factors are taken away.

I just read the newspapers this morning and saw that during field camps, soldiers nowadays will have mobile kitchens, mobile toilets, etc. Yes, I'm not denying the fact that one should improve on every aspect of the training, but what if one day they are not being provided with such luxury? Are they prepared for this?

Back to the performance. When you prepare for a performance, you really train hard and make sure nothing goes wrong. If it really goes wrong, you make sure you correct it on the spot. From what I've seen, it goes to show they just didn't make an effort to correct what went wrong. In Hokkien, we call it 'bo chap'.

After watching the video, I really don't know whether to empathize or look down on them. I feel that NS nowadays are much more relaxed as comparied to 10 years or more ago. Although we have better weapons, hardware, etc, the quality of soldiers nowadays are lower compared to last time.

When we fight a war, we use weapons, but at the end of the day, it's still the human factor that wins the war. If one gets too comfortable, performance is sure to be affected when these comfortable factors are taken away.

I just read the newspapers this morning and saw that during field camps, soldiers nowadays will have mobile kitchens, mobile toilets, etc. Yes, I'm not denying the fact that one should improve on every aspect of the training, but what if one day they are not being provided with such luxury? Are they prepared for this?

Back to the performance. When you prepare for a performance, you really train hard and make sure nothing goes wrong. If it really goes wrong, you make sure you correct it on the spot. From what I've seen, it goes to show they just didn't make an effort to correct what went wrong. In Hokkien, we call it 'bo chap'.
lol..mobile kitchens and toilets? in many years to come maybe

lol..mobile kitchens and toilets? in many years to come maybe

what dun have... now have already..... combat rations hot one ok.... during field training gt hot milo to drink one....

ok. i heard someone had spagetti for lunch duing field training... :sticktong

and the biscuits now... :thumbsup: compared to 4-8yrs back... wha liao..... big difference..

i think you have NO RIGHT to criticise them for a poor job done unless you did the same thing yourself during you TOD. If anything no one should be nailing them to the wall unless you're their unit commanders. Imagine if it was you or your son in their position and show some empathy for pete's sake.

i think you have NO RIGHT to criticise them for a poor job done unless you did the same thing yourself during you TOD. If anything no one should be nailing them to the wall unless you're their unit commanders. Imagine if it was you or your son in their position and show some empathy for pete's sake.
What a ridiculous point

That's like saying that I cannot criticize a driver who drinks and drives and does a hit-and-run unless I've been drinking and driving and doing hit and runs. I mean, I could emulate you word and word: If anything no one should be nailing them to the wall unless you're their wife. Imagine if it was you or your son in their position and show some empathy for pete's sake

There are rehearsals for all this sort of thing, if they are stupid enough to not be able to run through it properly after rehearsing, for whatever reason they deserve to be crucified 8 or 9 times

If there was no rehearsal,then better to not display such rubbish in public, it not only degrades the organisation they represent, but reflects poorly upon themselves, in terms of pride and self-esteem, that they cannot be bothered to do a proper job

Personally I think you should take everything easy, you seem to be running into a lot of quarrels with everyone under the sun; if anything I did not even express any point of view on their actions, but since you wish to bring on an argument, arguing IS and WILL be one of my favourite pastimes, so stick to logic and look at what you're writing, rofl

What a ridiculous point

That's like saying that I cannot criticize a driver who drinks and drives and does a hit-and-run unless I've been drinking and driving and doing hit and runs. I mean, I could emulate you word and word: If anything no one should be nailing them to the wall unless you're their wife. Imagine if it was you or your son in their position and show some empathy for pete's sake

There are rehearsals for all this sort of thing, if they are stupid enough to not be able to run through it properly after rehearsing, for whatever reason they deserve to be crucified 8 or 9 times

If there was no rehearsal,then better to not display such rubbish in public, it not only degrades the organisation they represent, but reflects poorly upon themselves, in terms of pride and self-esteem, that they cannot be bothered to do a proper job

Personally I think you should take everything easy, you seem to be running into a lot of quarrels with everyone under the sun; if anything I did not even express any point of view on their actions, but since you wish to bring on an argument, arguing IS and WILL be one of my favourite pastimes, so stick to logic and look at what you're writing, rofl

I'm not the one who goes and condemn people in this case for making a mistake, which is what happened. Personally I THINK you should not be so judgmental of people since YOU'RE NOT IN THERE POSITION. the way you talk about them its very obvious you haven't even been in the combat end so don't presume to think you're better than these boys even though they made a mistake during their drill. And that you should engage that brain of yours before you go out and condemn someone for making a mistake, be it a public one, especially WHEN it has nothing to do with you. Further more its incredulous that you want to compare a drunk driver to the mistake that someone made in drill. Completely different contexts. Be ORIGINAL and develop your own style. P.s. if you like arguing so much why don't you go be a lawyer?!

What a ridiculous point

Seriously? You have used completely the wrong context to try and show whats going on, drink driving, im actually laughing, come on dont be so ridiculous!

It may be one for your favorite past times, but it doesnt mean your good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.