MLM tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
What freaked me out was the method she said. "You don't have to do cold calls or call the potential clients. Just come into office, We will doll you up and you go to where we tell you to go and spend time with the clients... "

She does make me feel hat she is hiring gigolos. :sweat:

hahaha didnt want to just shut him off, he used to be quite an okay guy. but now after he got this job, he's become very obsessed with money making and the friends he make are also MLM people. :(

they end up having no frens except those from MLM.

What freaked me out was the method she said. "You don't have to do cold calls or call the potential clients. Just come into office, We will doll you up and you go to where we tell you to go and spend time with the clients... "

She does make me feel hat she is hiring gigolos. :sweat:

dun be suprised some had secret affairs... married pple somemore.

My dad was in an MLM for 5 years. It rhymes with Scamway.

You know, they really did have talks where the high level people would talk about how good the business was, and why you should join, and how people somehow became healthier, happier, blah blah after they joined....

So anyway these high level people were really rich, but they made money by selling tapes and giving talks and selling training materials to these guilible newcomers.. and the people who brought the most actually got to attend some 'secret closed' meetings with these so called high level people.... who would tell them to recruit more people.

I should know, my dad worked hard for about these 4 years and never made much money....he never dared disclose his cheque, always saying the money is coming. Thank goodness a friend recommended him a job, and then he eventually quit.

Man, they even have stadium level meetings in other countries, where the highest level people would give talks and these would descend into religious fanatism.... where money is God and financial freedom is salvation.

MLM isn't a business....it's a religion.

It's modern slavery. Giving people false hopes, telling half truths and whole lies.

Oh, and the cars they claim to drive? It's not theirs, it belongs to the company, for "image" purposes. And guess what? Almost everyone's a manager in there!

erm.. my friend was in a very notorious mattress company few years back.. his pay check was really 5 digits and he bought his luxury car from his pay check registered under his name. :sweat:

few months later i bumped into another friend who worked in the same company drawing the same pay and driving another luxury car... both of which i knew before they started joining this MLM thingy. :sweat::sweatsm:

Both cars are registered under their own name and paid for by themselves... :bigeyes:

another friend of mine in some sunny biz.... recently got a 40K pay check.... :( not that I believe in MLM but I think you need to have certain 'traits' to succeed in MLM those who are greedy and wants a shortcut in life to get rich will be the ones contributing to the bigger pay check for the higher ranks.

erm.. my friend was in a very notorious mattress company few years back.. his pay check was really 5 digits and he bought his luxury car from his pay check registered under his name. :sweat:

few months later i bumped into another friend who worked in the same company drawing the same pay and driving another luxury car... both of which i knew before they started joining this MLM thingy. :sweat::sweatsm:

Both cars are registered under their own name and paid for by themselves... :bigeyes:

another friend of mine in some sunny biz.... recently got a 40K pay check.... :( not that I believe in MLM but I think you need to have certain 'traits' to succeed in MLM those who are greedy and wants a shortcut in life to get rich will be the ones contributing to the bigger pay check for the higher ranks.

Success rate is low.

Like some artists can sell their works for millions of dollars, some ppl sell for thousands, some didnt manage to sell a single painting

Success rate is low.

Like some artists can sell their works for millions of dollars, some ppl sell for thousands, some didnt manage to sell a single painting
yah.. that's why it takes certain "traits" in those successful ones to make it big. the others who try to emulate them will just be contributing to their sucess without being sucessful themselves.

yah.. that's why it takes certain "traits" in those successful ones to make it big. the others who try to emulate them will just be contributing to their sucess without being sucessful themselves.

The thing is, when the uplines push you to be more successful, they'll tell you oh do this, go for this talk, go for this seminar, buy this book, buy this tape etc, buy more things to sell yada yada so you end up spending more than you really should because out of desperation to get yourself out of debt you think, "oh, one more investment and i'll break even after this big break etc etc"

It's a vicious downward spiral to those who can't make it. And those who do, gets elevated and glorified.

erm.. my friend was in a very notorious mattress company few years back.. his pay check was really 5 digits and he bought his luxury car from his pay check registered under his name.

Wah! Really got people succeed one ah! :bigeyes: I thought that all will fail except for those at the top of the food chain.

Dear all;

There are many ways in making good money.
MLM is legal and respecteable business if do it professionally. It depends on which MLM you belongs to.
Like Life Insurance, due to our ignorance, we hate to see Insurance Broker, right ? Now with better education, we approach broker to better insured us for raining days.

As for price of MLM products, not all pricey products are bad. Some are very good products and cost cheaper then branded and unhealty products endorsed by celebrities.
Just because endorssed by celebrities and carry high price, we accept it. But when MLM charge slightly higher [still lower then most branded products] then public compare prices from wet market.

Some MLMer use bad practice [randomm SMS for eg], some MLM company has bad products.

But there are many Good and reputable MLM be it in Sgp or in the world.

We reject MLM because the one selling make money, but we accept the long distribution channels and ok for superstore to make money.

Is our mind got problem, not because of MLM.

Same as for those who have little education but make lots of money, we see then with red eyes why we are so educated but make so little money but that guy, no education make so much money.

Is a mind set problem and not MLM.

Cheers

Dear all;

MLM is legal and respecteable business if do it professionally. It depends on which MLM you belongs to.
Like Life Insurance, due to our ignorance, we hate to see Insurance Broker, right ? Now with better education, we approach broker to better insured us for raining days.

As for price of MLM products, not all pricey products are bad. Some are very good products and cost cheaper then branded and unhealty products endorsed by celebrities.
Just because endorssed by celebrities and carry high price, we accept it. But when MLM charge slightly higher [still lower then most branded products] then public compare prices from wet market.

Some MLMer use bad practice [randomm SMS for eg], some MLM company has bad products.

We reject MLM because the one selling make money, but we accept the long distribution channels and ok for superstore to make money.

Same as for those who have little education but make lots of money, we see then with red eyes why we are so educated but make so little money but that guy, no education make so much money.

Cheers

Thanks for enlightening us from your prespective :sweat: But I will take this wif a bucket of salt thank u :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wah! Really got people succeed one ah! :bigeyes: I thought that all will fail except for those at the top of the food chain.

yah.. you got to climb to the top of the food chain and not think like the bottom. I can't understand how they do it. And the funny thing is that when the MLM company close, they can hop to another company start from the bottom and climb to the top again.. :dunno: no idea how they do it.. but yah they exists and they will tell you it's not a stroll in the park.

Those who stay at the bottom are those who thinks MLM is a short cut to richness.

The thing is, when the uplines push you to be more successful, they'll tell you oh do this, go for this talk, go for this seminar, buy this book, buy this tape etc, buy more things to sell yada yada so you end up spending more than you really should because out of desperation to get yourself out of debt you think, "oh, one more investment and i'll break even after this big break etc etc"

It's a vicious downward spiral to those who can't make it. And those who do, gets elevated and glorified.
yups.. that's the downfall for those who wants to get rich quick. I know I cannot go this line.. I've resigned my fate to sloughing the rest of my life.

Thanks for enlightening us from your prespective :sweat: But I will take this wif a bucket of salt thank u :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'll take a bucket of seawater, boil to 1 bowl and drink it. :bsmilie:

Dear all;

Cheers

Very well said :thumbsup: I have been a consumer of a particular MLM's products for 2 years and i think their products are way better than branded ones in terms of safety and ingredients. Most importantly, it works!

There are black sheep in every industry so i will not judge an industry i have never tried my hands on. There are the good MLM companies, dodgy ones and pyramid scams who pretend to be MLMs. You should find the right people and the right company. Of course there are definitely dodgy people in good MLMs. The point some recruiters never mention is that NOT everyone will be a millionaire but you can be comfortable financially if you work hard so if you guys meet people who claim that you will DEFINITELY be a millionaire, forget about listening further if they cannot even be honest.

For some people, MLM is the only way they can be rich beyond their wildest dreams cos they might be lowly educated or poor. If the industry is rubbish, how do you explain the highly educated people who gave up their high flying professions for MLM? They definitely saw something in it that others don't. (i'm refering to the reputable companies here) The world is made up of the 80s/20s i.e 80% of the world's population are poor and 20% are rich. Now it's slowly becoming 90/10. Even a successful financial guru like Robert Kiyosaki is pro MLM cos this is indeed the opportunity of the millennium.

Although i find many insurance agents irritating, i still give them a chance to speak and still believe that there are some who sincerely care for others. Therefore don't you think that we should not make a general statement just because we met a few baa baa black sheep and worst still, never tried our hands on the trade? Me? I'm still a happy consumer but i am keeping my options open. Who knows,i might become an insurance agent. :)

Just my 2 cents worth as well.
Cheers!

There are black sheep in every industry so i will not judge an industry i have never tried my hands on. There are the good MLM companies, dodgy ones and pyramid scams who pretend to be MLMs. You should find the right people and the right company. Of course there are definitely dodgy people in good MLMs. The point some recruiters never mention is that NOT everyone will be a millionaire but you can be comfortable financially if you work hard so if you guys meet people who claim that you will DEFINITELY be a millionaire, forget about listening further if they cannot even be honest.

For some people, MLM is the only way they can be rich beyond their wildest dreams cos they might be lowly educated or poor. If the industry is rubbish, how do you explain the highly educated people who gave up their high flying professions for MLM? They definitely saw something in it that others don't. (i'm refering to the reputable companies here) The world is made up of the 80s/20s i.e 80% of the world's population are poor and 20% are rich. Now it's slowly becoming 90/10. Even a successful financial guru like Robert Kiyosaki is pro MLM cos this is indeed the opportunity of the millennium.

Thanks for your opinion.

Unfortunately, it's not going to be easy for normal people like us to be convinced especially when some of us have gotten harassed by MLM-ers or insurance agents, like me. I've been bitten three times. Now, I just run far far away from them.

Maybe that's what the seminar speakers should be telling the MLM-ers, to be practical and not be greedy, to be nice and not harassingly persistent, then maybe more people will actually be open to the business model? MLM is not a bad business model per se. It's bad because of the people who abuse it!

At least that's how I see it based on my multiple bad experiences.

Hmm MLM's. How many have i been pissed off with......
One of this company selling bottled water and water purifying machine that has calcium ions even advertised in classified ads and claiming that they giving job interview(own time own target). My friend believed and went(I accompanied him as i was curious). Go there wah they so aggresive and when have money for raffles place office cannot even furnish office properly. My friends engrish still better that the "interviewer". Then they had this talk then haha they tried to convince me that their litmus paper can turn into shades of so many color! I questioned where the litmus paper come from. 1st he said its from a distributor in sciencepark then next he said is from guardian pharmacy downstairs lol who he think he is can wrap fire inside paper. My friend and i stormed out halfway thru the presentation.

Next story, i have a classmate i have never talked to in 10 yrs and suddenly i get phonecalls day after day for quite a few days from her trying to sell me magnetic matteress which i dun believe in at dunno how many thousand dollars. I hate these ppl as they only look for u when they want ur money!!!

Third story: There is a certain company that sells herbal slimming programmes like vanilla powder with dunno wad. U noe they claim that the government of Singapore is their investor! they dunno the difference in Govenment investment corporation and government of singapore. I have seen many people falling sick after being in the program for some time while some become great! Therefore i have concluded that it is not suitable for everyone. I tried it for 1 week and well I got high blood pressure overnight(subsided after a few weeks after i stopped)!

But on the other hand, i have seen some MLM who really have great products though on the pricey side. One of them is a certain "jacuzzi" machine.

Hmm MLM's. How many have i been pissed off with......
One of this company selling bottled water and water purifying machine that has calcium ions even advertised in classified ads and claiming that they giving job interview(own time own target). My friend believed and went(I accompanied him as i was curious). Go there wah they so aggresive and when have money for raffles place office cannot even furnish office properly. My friends engrish still better that the "interviewer". Then they had this talk then haha they tried to convince me that their litmus paper can turn into shades of so many color! I questioned where the litmus paper come from. 1st he said its from a distributor in sciencepark then next he said is from guardian pharmacy downstairs lol who he think he is can wrap fire inside paper. My friend and i stormed out halfway thru the presentation.

All for image. They boast "we only started xxx years ago and we can afford Raffles Place rent". Now? Moved to somethere else. :bsmilie:

The 'visual' image is full of 'successful' people driving spanking new cars at age younger than 25. BUT service image is in the abyss. :thumbsd:

Status
Not open for further replies.