Ministerial Paycut

He questions your question which is questionable with regards to the position of his first question seeking a question and may appear to be a questionable question.

:bsmilie:

I see you are providing an answer in a whole series of questions that seem to go nowhere and will not be answered by the people asking them to each other. :bsmilie:

What about those generals turn ministers? Over night pay double or triple. Are they terribly over paid now or were they terribly under paid previously!! :think:

Now we are seeing ministerial paycut... what I am interested to see... is also our civil servants... these people are not really that highly paid (I know, my dad and mom are civil servants)... will it affect them too?

And since our government sector is cutting down in their salary... will private sector follows suits? What is the implication of this paycut to us?

What about those generals turn ministers? Over night pay double or triple. Are they terribly over paid now or were they terribly under paid previously!! :think:

huge diff between general and minister. minister has more power. no idea on general pay.. but of course it is high..

alamak.. the pay cut only for those minister and high level cabinet member.. not for others

Now we are seeing ministerial paycut... what I am interested to see... is also our civil servants... these people are not really that highly paid (I know, my dad and mom are civil servants)... will it affect them too?

And since our government sector is cutting down in their salary... will private sector follows suits? What is the implication of this paycut to us?

civil servants are already lowly paid (i assume most of them, not 100% sure), so it is not fair to cut their pay when inflation is rising..

civil servants are already lowly paid (i assume most of them, not 100% sure), so it is not fair to cut their pay when inflation is rising..

That is what I am thinking too. My dad and mum are not highly paid individual... it would really suck if their boss got pay cut and they have pay cut too...

And what about us working in private sector? Will our 'bosses' follows suits? That is what I am worried when I heard that news. Bad news for us in 2012...

That is what I am thinking too. My dad and mum are not highly paid individual... it would really suck if their boss got pay cut and they have pay cut too...

And what about us working in private sector? Will our 'bosses' follows suits? That is what I am worried when I heard that news. Bad news for us in 2012...

dun worry lah..

think of those in the bottom sector of the society.. they got hit the hardest!

actually among all the stuff many are unhappy with, the high pay is the least of the concern.. it is still a concern though..

the other worries are affording a house... i know many who can't... what lies ahead of them? alot of other issues.. it is eye opening when u read articles from the other side..

wah...not able to post. I think the screening of comments online has started. Does Sin have a great firewall much like China?

Singapore is among the highest density of millionaires in the world. By benchmarking to the top 1000 earners, no matter how they count will still be paying millions each. Why can't it be benchmark exactly to the median average of top 10% Singapore citizens with no discounts? Even if the amount is more, it will be a more realistic benchmark.

Last edited:
hmm... my bad again... sorry lah.. i really lost faith in them.. to the extent i dun wanna spend time reading their nonsense.. which is usually full of excuses and "reasons" based on "statisitic" ... come on, we are just normal people, and when we ask some questions, they come back with this number that number, and we buy in for a while, and then the problems surfaces again.. it does not really solve the problem

anyway, the recommendation says:"

We recommend removing the pension scheme and adopting only the Central Provident Fund system which is the basic retirement scheme for Singaporeans.

"

i really welcome that... and i really hope we have passionate people who will serve the country not just for $$$... like Chen Show Mao...

and hopefully the entire salary package won't be too high.. it is people hard earned money by the way..

i really welcome that... and i really hope we have passionate people who will serve the country not just for $$$... like Chen Show Mao...

erm. he has his own agenda too.

he posted this on his facebook.
313125_215439628521305_150220718376530_562799_2070950399_n.jpg

and he didnt bother explaining the stats, no commentary. ended up a bunch of people kept claiming that government isnt spending enough.
which i later did the math and calculation, and in reality, we increased our education expenditure.

i'll leave you to decide (the abv portion is with regards to CSM)

sometimes, don't read what people just post/say. go and verify yourself. find out what their job scope actually entails, and why they are able to command their pay, then decide for yourself if its justified.

btw, civil servants are paid pretty low, compared to their counterparts in private sector at least. not in a position to comment about ministerial posts though.
(this is with regards to pay)

Last edited:
What the 3.8 million citizens really want to know is that are the savings from the pay cut going to be evenly distributed to them?

And perhaps we can start to plan for an upgrade to a higher DSLR. :bsmilie:

rhino123 said:

You've fallen into their trap.

The government is separate from the civil service and the private sector most definitely have nothing to do with government pay.

The civil service as it is called is funded by taxpayers money and thus work for us, not the government and certainly not *** as they would have you believe.

allenleonhart said:
erm. he has his own agenda too.

he posted this on his facebook.

and he didnt bother explaining the stats, no commentary. ended up a bunch of people kept claiming that government isnt spending enough.
which i later did the math and calculation, and in reality, we increased our education expenditure.

i'll leave you to decide (the abv portion is with regards to CSM)

sometimes, don't read what people just post/say. go and verify yourself. find out what their job scope actually entails, and why they are able to command their pay, then decide for yourself if its justified.

btw, civil servants are paid pretty low, compared to their counterparts in private sector at least. not in a position to comment about ministerial posts though.
(this is with regards to pay)

I am not expecting a saint out from csm.. comparing him with other make him stand out.. So who give him this opportunity?

In the end, most politicians r not that pure, so we need to make them compete against each other n we will get better treatment..

look at wat happened now? Salary reduction.. Who make it happen?

Since u can prove csm wrong, pls post to him.. See how he respond..

I am not expecting a saint out from csm.. comparing him with other make him stand out.. So who give him this opportunity?

In the end, most politicians r not that pure, so we need to make them compete against each other n we will get better treatment..

look at wat happened now? Salary reduction.. Who make it happen?

Since u can prove csm wrong, pls post to him.. See how he respond..

posted on that same facebook page long ago, tried explaining to the people online why they are mistaken. a few managed to see my side. the rest ignored.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...28964172.44541.150220718376530&type=3&theater

perhaps its nice for u to read and judge yourself.

the closest to a follow up. i don't see him acknowledging any point made

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...28964172.44541.150220718376530&type=3&theater

i'm leaving this as such with regards to csm. to be honest, i personally thought he would had been an ideal case of a foreign talent turned singaporean, and it showed a slightly different side to singaporean's attitudes wrt FTs.

and i'm outta here

Last edited:
allenleonhart said:
posted on that same facebook page long ago, tried explaining to the people online why they are mistaken. a few managed to see my side. the rest ignored.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=215439628521305&set=a.177677628964172.44541.150220718376530&type=3&theater

perhaps its nice for u to read and judge yourself.

the closest to a follow up. i don't see him acknowledging any point made

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=216169061781695&set=a.177677628964172.44541.150220718376530&type=3&theater

Sure.. Will take a look when free... Gd they didnt del as is the case for the others..

Anyway, I repeat again that there is no perfect party, but how to Make things to our advantage... good night;)

reverting back to CPF instead of pension is the best and fairest

last year, salary increase gao gao. then this year to shut everybody mouths, decrease by little bit..

good move...

it seems like they starting to blame the Citizen already. they say low pay wont be able to attract talented Singaporean into Politics Wor

Committee to Review Ministerial Salaries recommends the Prime Minister’s annual salary be cut by 36% to $2.2 million :bsmilie:

Last edited: