Ministerial Paycut

Japan The Lost Decade

Taiwan's Corruption, along with their ex-president

Korea's constant threat from the North

Inflation in HK and Housing Woes

these are really just a few major problems, which i could probably list more. apart from what HK has (which we only have to a smaller degree), the rest is almost non-existent in sg.:bsmilie:

may i ask what is your definition of success then? because i don't exactly know what u are bench marking against.

You mistake success of ppl with success of government again with these examples.
Foxconn?

What is good governance then, or an example of it?

Frankly no ideal model and the needs shifts anyway in times and situations.
Would have to write an essay on it and still never be 'correct' since all are subject to the norms wants/needs of the times.

Very basic would be a roof over the head, food, peace and security.

Perhaps by extension :
1. More transparency
2. More chance and avenues of participation and feedback
3. Infrastructure
4. General rule of law
5. Peace
6. More concern for environment

My original point however is not to over credit government for the success of a country when even if not more credit is due for it people.

tell me the number of times they got things right? :)

i feel a little sad for people working in public sector. when things are going all fine and well, when things are all gay, no one tells them they are doing a good job.

yet when problems occur, **** quite literally hits the fan for them.

hi allen,

i must tell u that at no point i am blaming the civil servants.. i never enjoy targeting those without heavy responsibility.

btw, do u also post at *** MP facebook when u see something not right, like u did to CSM?

hi allen,

i must tell u that at no point i am blaming the civil servants.. i never enjoy targeting those without heavy responsibility.

btw, do u also post at *** MP facebook when u see something not right, like u did to CSM?

i can guess which 3 letters.

and yes i do, provided i spot something amiss in my feed. george yeo too. i'm guessing most don't actually read and reply. the internet is not a good medium actually for a 1-1 convo.

and yes i do, provided i spot something amiss in my feed. george yeo too. i'm guessing most don't actually read and reply. the internet is not a good medium actually for a 1-1 convo.

yes, typing too much is tiring.. it is best they engage us in real life more.. and really listen and leave the NATO

Sion said:
We only ask one thing from the ministers and MPs:

有富同享,
有难同当.

I wan to click on super like button.

jus curious...are u still a student?

Don't be too impressed by the wayang. In other countries, aspiring politicians pay with their liberty (Aung San Suu Kyi), some with lives and don't talk about high pay.

ricohflex said:
Don't be too impressed by the wayang. In other countries, aspiring politicians pay with their liberty (Aung San Suu Kyi), some with lives and don't talk about high pay.

Yes... These r amazing ppl... Hope aung san suu kyi lives long life....

Nelson mandela comes to my mind also...

Anyway today chinese newspaper (night one) , headline says pm? worries abt not being able to attract talents... Sigh... I give up lah... I dunno wat to say stamp feet

Jollin said:
thxs..
no wonder, that explains everything.....

No choice lah... Need to come out face reality, kena asked to resign bcos company dun wan to retrench, n kena retrench in next job.. Kena jialat jialat from ft... Kena clearing **** leave down by brillant fts bcos they just gd at talking.. Then one will wake up... N think why....

The amount saved through this exercise on the revised Ministers' salaries (I estimate about 40% saved) should not be transferred from the left pocket to the right pocket of the gahmen.

This amount saved should be used instead as a NATIONAL BONUS and be distributed to all true local citizens (i.e no PRs).

;):cool: