Migration to Mark III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the sb800 slot into Canon seamlessly, any interfacing issue, does the controls and remote control still work, etc? I'm switching camp (to Mk3) and I was about to sell my SB800... thanks for any info.

I think you might have to do something with some pins. Not really sure...:dunno:

I think you might have to do something with some pins. Not really sure...:dunno:

Sounds like tricky business... thanks anyway.

better sell off the nikon one and get a canon to prevent unneccessary problem wif the equipment.. :)

Just let agape01 answer first. Then, we learn something new.

Thanks for all the poison from our "White" brothers..............I will go for the 16-35MII f2.8, 24-70 F2.8, 70-200 F2.8IS.

ya...get the holy trinity....f2.8L...:angel:

u wont regret it.;)

wah... dint know there is so many ppl that is changing camp becos of the 1dmkiii, i myself is guilty too ;p

i will be changing to 1dmkiii + 500f4 + 580exii + 70-2002.8is + 16-35 2.8 + 501.4 after i offload my d70s + 70-2002.8 + 501.8 + 18-70 + sb800 + tc1.7

the capability of the camera fully meets my needs.. :kiss:
Welcome to the Light Side bro. :) Wow...1DmkIII + 500 f4 = my dream birding combo! :eek: That is a pretty hefty investment you got there...dun forget for the long lens you would need to spend at least a few k more to invest in a good stable support system (Gitzo CF legs + Wimberley II head), also throw in a flash bracket and maybe lencoat cover to protect the big lens.

est. costing for all the listed items I think at least 21k++ SGD :faint:

You can use the Nikon SB-800 on Canon cameras but just certain fucntions/features of the flash cannot be used.

Search the forum, this has been discussed before. :)

However, having said that, won't it look weird to have a SB-800 mounted on a EOS 1D mk III? :dunno:

You can use the Nikon SB-800 on Canon cameras but just certain fucntions/features of the flash cannot be used.

However, having said that, won't it look weird to have a SB-800 mounted on a EOS 1D mk III? :dunno:
If only it was Canon, not Nikon, that produced the SB-800 flash, it would be a match made in heaven. :lovegrin: Best body + best flash at the current moment. lol.

having the best of 2 brands together.. haa.. :)

If only it was Canon, not Nikon, that produced the SB-800 flash, it would be a match made in heaven. :lovegrin: Best body + best flash at the current moment. lol.

err... isn't the best flash is made by Metz?
I've compared my friend's D70S + Metz and D70S + SB 800 combo. It seems to me that the Metz produced better result than the SB 800 :dunno:
it's just a pity that there've been some complaints about the local metz distro. this actually set me back from getting a metz :(

err... isn't the best flash is made by Metz?
I've compared my friend's D70S + Metz and D70S + SB 800 combo. It seems to me that the Metz produced better result than the SB 800 :dunno:
it's just a pity that there've been some complaints about the local metz distro. this actually set me back from getting a metz :(

Like good photography technique coupled with a good camera, good flash technique also plays a part in getting the best results from your flash gun. I believe a lot of SB800 users will tell you all their tales about the great results they're getting, and a lot of Metz users will do the same.

Can the sb800 slot into Canon seamlessly, any interfacing issue, does the controls and remote control still work, etc? I'm switching camp (to Mk3) and I was about to sell my SB800... thanks for any info.

to be safe, just tape the 4 pin from your hotshoe camera before you plug the flash

Thanks. Think I'll sell off my SB-800 and get Speedlite 580EX II to avoid the hassle... ;)

I was still contemplating the use of Nikon camera strap on the Canon... :eek: like yellow color better...:bsmilie:

BTW, I called several shops but it seems that there is no stock left and will only be available after 15 Jun... (After EOS day?) MS Color gave the best quote @ 6500, AP the worst @ 6900

Thanks. Think I'll sell off my SB-800 and get Speedlite 580EX II to avoid the hassle... ;)

I was still contemplating the use of Nikon camera strap on the Canon... :eek: like yellow color better...:bsmilie:

BTW, I called several shops but it seems that there is no stock left and will only be available after 15 Jun... (After EOS day?) MS Color gave the best quote @ 6500, AP the worst @ 6900

I think still can have "bester" quote if you have "good" relationship with the shops. Some bros here may be able to help get you a bester price.

I think still can have "bester" quote if you have "good" relationship with the shops. Some bros here may be able to help get you a bester price.

how much better le?bro....help me get le..

wow.. jump from 350D to 1DMIII... You are the MAN :thumbsup:

Ai yo....you don't know what he have. 350D is a camera that he use to throw around... The equipment he has, his 60L dry cabi cannot hold all of it!!!:bsmilie:

As for where to get "bester" price, you know better then me! <- Cherkel

Ai yo....you don't know what he have. 350D is a camera that he use to throw around... The equipment he has, his 60L dry cabi cannot hold all of it!!!:bsmilie:

As for where to get "bester" price, you know better then me! <- Cherkel

Sorry for my ignorance :embrass: he put in his signature 350D mah :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.