MB 200 grip/Free bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nikon had a great leap in sales from our support through the 2 years, they should give back some in exchange for more sales..:thumbsup: :angel:

It's not about what they bundle i guess, it's the fact that they and their resellers should honor what is for the customers. I doubt Canon does this to their customers (I've owned a few Canon cameras before, and one of my friend is a Canon fanatic, so I know). I hope Nikon sees this, no matter how good their sales is, if they treat the customer like ****, they'll get it back twice as much. :(

witzend said:
It's not about what they bundle i guess, it's the fact that they and their resellers should honor what is for the customers. I doubt Canon does this to their customers (I've owned a few Canon cameras before, and one of my friend is a Canon fanatic, so I know). I hope Nikon sees this, no matter how good their sales is, if they treat the customer like ****, they'll get it back twice as much. :(

I don't think this is a problem with Nikon, more likely, their retailers. Hmm... I'm not sure if it's appropriate to ask which shop you purchased from.

retrok said:
I don't think this is a problem with Nikon, more likely, their retailers. Hmm... I'm not sure if it's appropriate to ask which shop you purchased from.

read my post further up. :(

witzend said:
read my post further up. :(

Wait... you mean you've gone down to Nikon to try collecting the bag and they refused?

Zerstorer said:
Yep, I got mine from AlanPhoto as well, but I've friends who bought from TKPhoto and they also received the bag, so it should be a standard item.

May I know who you talk to at AP for the bag? I bought alot of stuff from them, not just the D200s, hope to talk to the right person at AP.
:sweat:

retrok said:
Wait... you mean you've gone down to Nikon to try collecting the bag and they refused?

I went to the shop (not Nikon)to ask for my well deserved premium, as valued customer cum "I bring my friend come buy" cum "hey order that for me as well" cum Nikon evangelist (yah I've been trying to convince my 2 best friends from the other camp and have worked so far, 10 years is a long run). and was refused in the face, It's not the bag i'm after, it's a principle that I want to seek. I guess I should have bought a 5D just to spite Nikon, at least my friends who were using Canon would be happy. ;p
Think they'll kill me now if I jump the ship. :bsmilie:

witzend said:
I went to the shop (not Nikon)to ask for my well deserved premium, as valued customer cum "I bring my friend come buy" cum "hey order that for me as well" cum Nikon evangelist (yah I've been trying to convince my 2 best friends from the other camp and have worked so far, 10 years is a long run). and was refused in the face, It's not the bag i'm after, it's a principle that I want to seek. I guess I should have bought a 5D just to spite Nikon, at least my friends who were using Canon would be happy. ;p
Think they'll kill me now if I jump the ship. :bsmilie:

If you think you had it bad, I bought my D70 from them, and they sold me the freebies which Nikon was going to launch 2 weeks later and they dun say a thing. Imagine how that felt....:cry:

witzend said:
May I know who you talk to at AP for the bag? I bought alot of stuff from them, not just the D200s, hope to talk to the right person at AP.
:sweat:

I would suggest that you seek out the salesman who served you and get it from him. If he doesn't comply then by all means boycott him in future. I got mine from Anthony btw, but I doubt he can help you if he didn't close your deal.

I guess I should have bought a 5D just to spite Nikon, at least my friends who were using Canon would be happy.
Erm...all that for a bag? Seriously....

Zerstorer said:
I would suggest that you seek out the salesman who served you and get it from him. If he doesn't comply then by all means boycott him in future. I got mine from Anthony btw, but I doubt he can help you if he didn't close your deal.

Erm...all that for a bag? Seriously....

well, I doubt he will serve me well. I'm quite used to those salesmen with big smiles, doesn't mean they are good.

I was thinking of changing to Canon (after 16 years with Nikon) when the 5D came out, but chose the D200 cos it's still my fav system (nikon) and have converted 2 of my friends (who have used Canon all their lives), I'm just quite disappointed with the sales guy.

ipin said:
Even if the D200 kit with a S$5000 price tag attached to it? :bsmilie:
Still cheaper than the EOS 5D, isn't it?

lsisaxon said:
Still cheaper than the EOS 5D, isn't it?

Agree...now even cheaper!

Just heard from a reliable source (AP), that during the IT show in March,
Nikon would bundle the D200 & 18-200mm + freebies for S$4388! :bigeyes:
Dunno wat the freebies wud be.

Guess if dun need the freebies, now can be a good time to......
BUY BUY BUY!!!! <-sounds familiar? :bsmilie:

That person said, I quote :"Now no stock & it wouldn't be any cheaper then one."

Guess it is up to the individual to decide on this piece of info, I would be getting
one kit set next week. *HINT*HINT*HINT* :bsmilie: Guess u all know when his stock
would be coming in! I have a set reserved! *EXCITED* :lovegrin:

WHOO HOO! NEW TOY......COME TO PAPA! :bsmilie:

ipin said:
Just heard from a reliable source (AP), that during the IT show in March,
Nikon would bundle the D200 & 18-200mm + freebies for S$4388!
Dunno wat the freebies wud be.

Hmm... isn't that more expensive than buying them separately? D200: $2950, 18-200: $1250

Total: $4200?

What kinda freebies will be worth 188? Prob bag and CF card again, which you can also buy separately...

Bundles are supposed to be cheaper than buying individually...right?

merkava74 said:
Hmm... isn't that more expensive than buying them separately? D200: $2950, 18-200: $1250

Total: $4200?

What kinda freebies will be worth 188? Prob bag and CF card again, which you can also buy separately...

Bundles are supposed to be cheaper than buying individually...right?

Yes, it is more expensive. Like what my source mentioned, "It wouldn't be any cheaper then".

I suspect that the freebies would be the usual CF, bag, tripod combo. As this kit is still new,
I doubt they would be any or much cheaper then. So......if u have these items now, and
dun have any use for the freebies, then it is not worth the wait till March, rush to the IT show, only to find that the wait wasn't worth it. :sweat:

Except to take pics of the pretty promoters! ;p :bsmilie:

But......take it all with a pinch of salt, things just have their own way of turning around
at the very last minute. Who knows eh? :dunno: ;)

can't they bundle with 17-55mm ...;p

Sjourn said:
can't they bundle with 17-55mm ...;p

Maybe if u can try your luck and who knows, they may allow you to just pay the difference! :bsmilie:

ipin said:
Maybe if u can try your luck and who knows, they may allow you to just pay the difference! :bsmilie:

Tt's on my wishlist.:bsmilie:

Hi guys! I've managed to get my bag! Yippee! Gave Nikon Singapore a call, after explaining, they call me back and ask me to go down to AP to collect my bag.
No questions asked at AP once I told them Nikon called me back.

IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2675.jpg

:)

persistance has paid off, good for you!:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.