Manual for FZ30 is online

Status
Not open for further replies.
swing123 said:
i read somewhere that given the price difference between top line prosumer cam and consumer dslr is getting thinner and thinner, canon/nikon/oly may divert their attention from launching more sophiscated prosumer range.

This may not the same for Pana and Sony, without any consumer dslr that tie their hands, this may be a lucrative market segment for them to contnue developing.

There are still a lot of people who do not want to lug around few kilos of equipments. They just want that all-in-one-high-MP-with-super-zoom prosumer digicam. :)

EDIT: Forgot to add, price gap in both classes may be narrowing but the purchase of an entry-level DSLR with a kit lens may just be your initial investment. :)

Xandorous said:
There are still a lot of people who do not want to lug around few kilos of equipments. They just want that all-in-one-high-MP-with-super-zoom prosumer digicam. :)

EDIT: Forgot to add, price gap in both classes may be narrowing but the purchase of an entry-level DSLR with a kit lens may just be your initial investment. :)

agree - consumer dslr "seduce" you with body price and then "chop your neck" heavily with the lens (same same tactic as the razor and blade) :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

swing123 said:
agree - consumer dslr "seduce" you with body price and then "chop your neck" heavily with the lens (same same tactic as the razor and blade) :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Hahaha....ya, that's another way of putting it! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

And you're d@mn right! Razor blades are d@mn expensive!!!! :bsmilie:

I concur.

If you want a setup with a fast 12X image stabilised lens that is around $1000 range, these 12X prosumers digicams are the only way to go.

Enuff said.

swing123 said:
just one interesting question:

Pana and Sony is probably the only established digicam producers with no dSLR range of product.....are they now setting the goals of moving toward there?? :think:

swing123,

As I mentioned earlier, Panny and Oly collaborating.....

Now news about Konica Minolta and Sony too! :)

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05071902kmsony.asp

Xandorous said:
swing123,
As I mentioned earlier, Panny and Oly collaborating.....

mmm..not sure if its a good thing..Olympus has been a very good brand but these days, their camera design quite ugly and none of ther products seem to stand out...but I suppose all those years of optical experience must mean something somewhere..

Status
Not open for further replies.