Manual for FZ30 is online

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks ken111111!

ken111111 said:
Uploaded the pdf file here:

http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2QDQMA92VGIMA1B8R32D9QRGZG

Link only valid for 7 days
Thanks also, seem ot be way better than fz5, but a tad too heavy though, would prefer the battery pack be more than:
Voltage/capacity: 7.2 V, 710 mAh
though.
hope they can control the noise well with high ISO.

wow...except that the ccd is a tad too small for 8MP, the rest of the specs are good. flip lcd display (I hate that but seems alot of people like it), VGA recording, can take up to 2GB and includes a 32MB card instead of the usual 16MB. on top of manual focus, it now has manual zoom as well.
and it supports manual shutter control.
on auto mode, it also accepts longer exposure times instead of the max 8 seconds for the FZ5 and FZ20 series....imporvements in all departments!

FZ30 pics from panasonic.se! Enjoy! ;)

DMX-FZ30_1m.jpg

DMC-FZ30_1i.jpg

Xandorous said:

Comparing the price with the KM 5D DSLR:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000A7JKMW/104-6188653-1943929

http://www.ritzcamera.com/webapp/wc...&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&productId=13303208

it doesn't make sense for me to upgrade from my FZ10.
Instead, since I already have an FZ10 and a Dynax 5 with several lens, I wd go for a 5D or a 7D depending how they are priced when the D5 get here.

Maybe it's not for you but for it's features, I personally feel that the FZ30 is nicely priced in its class. :)

AncientMariner said:
Comparing the price with the KM 5D DSLR:
it doesn't make sense for me to upgrade from my FZ10.
Instead, since I already have an FZ10 and a Dynax 5 with several lens, I wd go for a 5D or a 7D depending how they are priced when the D5 get here.

Sometime it's not just the price factor, but also the type of events that you'll be taking pictures..... I was thinking of getting D5D too, since I already have 2 minolta AF lens (from my Film camera).

But try taking picture with a (D)SLR at this sort of events....
PICT1807.jpg

ken111111 said:
Sometime it's not just the price factor, but also the type of events that you'll be taking pictures..... I was thinking of getting D5D too, since I already have 2 minolta AF lens (from my Film camera).

PICT1807.jpg

This type of event best use with cam that got pop out LCD.. :cool:

ken111111 said:

Bad example.. Firstly, that pic was taken with a dimage Z1, which does not have a swivel lcd. Secondly, out of habit, I never frame shots with the lcd because the camera can not be held steady doing that. Thirdly, I don't think one can see the image clearly enough to be able to time the correct moment to release the shutter. Fourthly, I have been shooting more acute angles at wedding dinners by simply lifting the cam above my head with arms outstretched and aiming by sense of direction. It comes with practice but if you need equipment to do so, there are angle finders such as:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=137359
Furthermore, what film camera did you have the Minolta lens for? A SLR?
Did you know they have had the VN angle finders for years:
http://konicaminolta.com/products/consumer/digital_camera/slr/5d/accessories.html
Whilst I point out an alternative to the FZ30 costing a little more, I did not seek to discuss what it or a DSLR can or cannot do because like an earlier post stressed they are different kettles of fish. However, it is correct that I am not sufficiently impressed by the new features offered by the FZ30 when paying US$100 more I get a fantastic DSLR, a natural for a Fluzi owner to upgrade to. I can think of better features that DSLRs do not have than having the lcd swivel such as audio recording, short movie mode etc and DSLR lcds are not meant for framing shots.
Otoh, as the owner of a FZ10, I know but, given the aggressiveness at which people jump to the FZ30's defence, am not inclined to divulge what I see as the shortcomings of the FZ30 that are my reasons for ruling it out. Afterall, I am still keeping my FZ10 for the time being albeit as a backup 28-300mm zoom (or a macro lens) not needing to be attached to the DSLR and freeing my funds to get primes with faster autofocus and/or lens that are far beyond the range of any Panasonic camera, thus extending my operation sphere.

Relax my dudes..
to each his own ideas and views.
AncientMariner has hist 5D and some lens already, so obviously it doesn't make sense for him to get a FZ30 since it's priced really kind of high.

For a normal person (with no lens) FZ30 is a good choice. Now that I'm considering DSLR, i'm balking at the $12k i need to splurg on a good 400mm lens. on top of the $1.8k DSLR body which will be worth only $900 in 9 more months.. For people like me, getting a good 400mm lens, this is way cheap already.

Cheers to all.

The reason why I mentioned that the FZ30 is well priced is because other almost similarly featured prosumer models with 8mp and only 7x optical zoom are priced above the FZ30. Eg. Nikon Coolpix 8800 and the Sony 828. I'm not giving my FZ30 price opinion basing on what I've already owned or is it priced right for me to buy since I have already have model XXX. I'm only comparing it with other almost similarly featured prosumer models by its competitors. AncientMariner, yes, I already agreed with you in my previous post that the FZ30 may not be for you as you already have a FZ10 and a Dynax 5 with several lens. :)

By the way, I've never owned a Panny before. I'm only looking to upgrade my ageing Fuji 4MP to a prosumer model. I'm also waiting for other manufacturers to announce their latest offerings and may even bypass prosumer and get an entry-level DSLR. :)

Look at all the :) s I've attached to all my replies. I'm not aggressive and I don't even own any Panny! All cameras have their shortcomings and there's definitely no perfect camera in the prosumer class. :)

Honestly, I don't detect any aggression in any posts here. Just forummers like you and me "voicing" our own opinions. If there are no differing opinions, there will only be 1 manufacturer with 1 product! How boring!! Hahahaha...

Peace and have a beautiful day! :) <--- See! More here!

EDIT: I'm not saying fellow forummers who do not attach smileys are aggressive. Just thought that by attaching smileys in my replies will avoid situations like this....hmmmm...

just one interesting question:

Pana and Sony is probably the only established digicam producers with no dSLR range of product.....are they now setting the goals of moving toward there?? :think:

swing123 said:
just one interesting question:

Pana and Sony is probably the only established digicam producers with no dSLR range of product.....are they now setting the goals of moving toward there?? :think:

Pana and Oly are now collaborating to produce Pana's next top of the line digital camera....a Pana 4/3 DSLR perhaps? ;)

Xandorous said:
Pana and Oly are now collaborating to produce Pana's next top of the line digital camera....a Pana 4/3 DSLR perhaps? ;)

i read somewhere that given the price difference between top line prosumer cam and consumer dslr is getting thinner and thinner, canon/nikon/oly may divert their attention from launching more sophiscated prosumer range.

This may not the same for Pana and Sony, without any consumer dslr that tie their hands, this may be a lucrative market segment for them to contnue developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.