Man Utd XIX - New Season New Manager: Returning to winning ways!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team to play Feyenoord: De Gea; Darmian, Bailly, Smalling, Rojo; Schneiderlin, Herrera, Mata, Pogba, Martial; Rashford Subs: Romero, Fosu-Mensah, Carrick, Fellaini, Memphis, Young, Ibrahimovic Kick off now

Its the second game our world record overrated flop transfer is invisible in the field ...

Last edited:
Its the second game our world record overrated flop transfer is invisible in the field ...

Don't say like that....he got not much support n the others cannot understand flow n still playing in the David Moyes mentality....ie playing like a mid table team...
Watch the Barca 7-0 thrashing of Celtic. It is a great example of flow n flair between players.

Don't say like that....he got not much support n the others cannot understand flow n still playing in the David Moyes mentality....ie playing like a mid table team...
Watch the Barca 7-0 thrashing of Celtic. It is a great example of flow n flair between players.

Pogba not doing well for United that's a fact. He also did not play well in the Euros.

That is due to the vast difference in position and role when compared to his Juve days.

We have too many players in the number 10 position which is the imbalance LvG spoke about. This caused these players to be played out of position and becoming ineffective.

Sad to ManU in 6th position and at best 3rd if win tonight.
Pogba is ineffective, period. The team cannot play to his strength because that makes opposing team job easy. Shackle him and ManU is weak.
With today's scientific approach to preparation and play, teams needs to be highly flexible to play.
If JM continue to "angkat" this guy, I can only see the team suffer more morally. He needs to proof his worth. Period.

Actually I think Rooney given too much face. He really should not be playing. Totally ineffective since last 2 seasons. Club captain smre. I can't believe it.

JM said Rooney is not a number 8 or 10. He is a striker. Yet he doesn't play him as a striker. Damn weird.

Maybe there is some clause in Rooney's contract which says he must play when fit. :dunno:

Man United XI to face Watford: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Bailly, Shaw, Pogba, Fellaini, Rashford, Rooney, Martial, Ibrahimovic Game starting soon!

Playing 4-5-1 with Ibra upfront

Last edited:
34' - Goal. Watford 1 #MUFC 0. Etienne Capoue scores for the home side.

Feyenoord goal : offside
Warford goal : foul on martial

FT: Watford 3 Man Utd 1

FULL-TIME STATS
Possession: Watford 40% United 60%
Shots: Watford 10 United 15
Shots on target: Watford 5 United 2
Corners: Watford 5 United 7

Watford: Gomes; Cathcart, Prodl, Britos; Janmaat, Pereyra, Behrami, Capoue (Zuniga 82), Holebas; Deeney, Ighalo (Success 90). Subs: Pantilimon, Kenedy, Watson, Amrabat, Guedioura.

Booked: Britos, Holebas, Deeney

United: De Gea; Valencia (Mata 61), Smalling, Bailly, Shaw (Memphis 85); Pogba, Fellaini; Rashford, Rooney, Martial (Young 38); Ibrahimovic. Subs: Romero, Blind, Carrick, Herrera.

Booked: Pogba, Fellaini, Memphis, Rooney

What a sad Stats ... lose 3 games in a week ... JM got his dream job his dream team dream start but yet our dream result ... maybe we need to dream about it ...
Can someone tell him honey moon period over time to wake up drop the overprice overrated invisible diva ... drop the lousy captain ... etc......

Last edited:

saw the vid on him solely and is only 7min out of 90mins? Hmm...

Barca is of a different class compared to our team now ...

Actually I think Rooney given too much face. He really should not be playing. Totally ineffective since last 2 seasons. Club captain smre. I can't believe it.

JM said Rooney is not a number 8 or 10. He is a striker. Yet he doesn't play him as a striker. Damn weird.

Maybe there is some clause in Rooney's contract which says he must play when fit. :dunno:

Rooney is a waste of time just drop him! Zzz...

Rooney is a waste of time just drop him! Zzz...

Agree...same like Steve Gerrard final 2 seasons...the magic n aura around him doesn't encourage his team anymore.

Match day
NORTHAMPTON TOWN V UNITED
22 September 2016 at 2:45:00 AM SGT

Likely youths will be fielded.

Starting XI to face NTFC: Romero, Fosu-Mensah, Smalling, Blind, Rojo, Schneiderlin, Carrick, Memphis, Herrera, Young, Rooney.

Starting XI to face NTFC: Romero, Fosu-Mensah, Smalling, Blind, Rojo, Schneiderlin, Carrick, Memphis, Herrera, Young, Rooney.

What a labored victory.

I always thought JM will be a good fit to manage United. But today he has yet again started to complain about refereeing decisions. He had been doing this since the derby defeat.

This mentality seems to blind him and he does not seem to acknowledge how he is not able to fix a formation. In fact he is very much like his predecessor, he is also playing players out of their positions.

Finally he does not seem to have the balls to leave big name players out of the team (except Basti).

Maybe United is too big a monster club for many managers. This only highlights how damn good Fergie was!

Hopefully JM can get his mojo back ASAP!

I did not watch the full game. Only watch the highlights. Seemed JM do have the balls to take out ALL his recent signings.

I see, based on highlights, they played with more conviction as compared to previous games.

It doesn't matter the win scoreline, but all 3 goals are taken with half chances, though Rashford goal was textbook schoolboy goalkeeping error but that Rashford challenge for the loose ball is commendable.

I believe JM must build his team around last year's team and add new players to fortify weakness and not build the team around Pogba. This is because the team, after so many wholesale changes by the 2 recent managers, have lost the ManU spirited way of play. Only the likes of Rooney and Carrick still can reinstill that doctrine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.