Man Utd XIX - New Season New Manager: Returning to winning ways!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a trip to london next month , will have a day to visit Old Trafford , sadly cant watch the game =(

Think should be able to catch Gary there ... last month my friend went met Gary and un-expectedly met Giggs as well.

Starting XI: De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Blind, Shaw, Fellaini, Pogba, Mata, Rooney, Martial, Ibrahimovic.
Subs: Romero, Smalling, Herrera, Mkhitaryan, Schneiderlin, Young & Rashford

Last edited:
92min On his 1st PL appearance of the season, Marcus Rashford nips in to tap home Wayne Rooney's cross.

Perseverance and determination pays off for MU. We are getting the old "Never Say Die Attitude" - seriously a one point game turned into a victorious 3 pts for us. Well done Rashford, you deserved a first team place. Definitely a senior position in England team not under 21-team. Look at his penetration in the last 15 minutes is fantastic for Mourinho excellent substitutions at the right time.Something we never see LVG did previously. Mourinho instill a sense of purpose and winning mentality and don't give up attitude is enormous for the whole team. Rooney did gave his all. However, time and time again Martial underperformed. I do not know how long Mourinho is patience with him can last. He has to buck up or ship out. Lets just watch. Meanwhile, celebrate our unbeaten streak, keep it up MU. Though the season is still young, Mu can only improve further.

Transfer done so far ...

In

Paul Pogba - Juventus, £89m

Zlatan Ibrahimovic - free

Eric Bailly - Villarreal, £30m

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - Borussia Dortmund, £26.3m

Out

Victor Valdes - Middlesbrough, free

Adnan Januzaj - Sunderland, loan

Nick Powell - Wigan, free

Tyler Reid - Swansea, undisclosed

Oliver Rathbone - Rochdale, free

Joe Rothwell - Oxford, free

George Dorrington - Huddersfield, free

Ashley Fletcher - West Ham, free

Guillermo Varela - Eintracht Frankfurt, loan

Paddy McNair - Sunderland, £2.75m

Donald Love - Sunderland, £2.75m

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson - Wolves, loan

James Wilson - Derby, loan

Tyler Blackett - Reading, loan

Andreas Pereira - Granada, loan

Perseverance and determination pays off for MU. We are getting the old "Never Say Die Attitude" - seriously a one point game turned into a victorious 3 pts for us. Well done Rashford, you deserved a first team place. Definitely a senior position in England team not under 21-team. Look at his penetration in the last 15 minutes is fantastic for Mourinho excellent substitutions at the right time.Something we never see LVG did previously. Mourinho instill a sense of purpose and winning mentality and don't give up attitude is enormous for the whole team. Rooney did gave his all. However, time and time again Martial underperformed. I do not know how long Mourinho is patience with him can last. He has to buck up or ship out. Lets just watch. Meanwhile, celebrate our unbeaten streak, keep it up MU. Though the season is still young, Mu can only improve further.

The major difference for LVG is to be in top 4 but JM is to win everything ... i think he have set the mindset right from the beginning telling the players that they play to win and nothing else ... we can only get better ...esp when the those off-form players regain their form ...

Just hope this 2 weeks of international break will do them good ... and injury free for our big game Home Derby ...

With Kun Aguero likely to be suspended, I'm so looking forward to the derby (I'm quite sure City fans will be cursing me). Citeh have extended for Aguero to respond back. Now I donno what to do him him in my Fantasy Team Squad 😁

It's gonna be JM vs PG...

Updates:

EARLY TEAM NEWS FOR THE MANCHESTER DERBY

Manchester United will not face Sergio Aguero in next weekend’s Manchester derby after the City striker was suspended for three matches for violent conduct, following an incident involving West Ham United’s Winston Reid.

Aguero had already been ruled out of Argentina’s matches in the current international break with a calf strain, while the Blues will check on the fitness of summer signings Leroy Sane (hamstring) and Ilkay Gundogan (knee), who are yet to play for the club, as well as Bacary Sagna (hamstring) and Vincent Kompany (thigh).

Joe Hart, Wilfried Bony, Samir Nasri and Eliaquim Mangala were among a raft of players allowed to leave on loan by new manager Pep Guardiola this summer, so it’ll be something of a new-look City side that comes to Old Trafford next Saturday.

For United, Henrikh Mkhitaryan reportedly sustained a thigh strain while playing for Armenia on Wednesday night and he has returned to the club, tweeting on Saturday: "My dear fans, I appreciate much that you worry about me, thank you! I'm now back in Manchester for treatment and hope to be fit very soon!"

Marouane Fellaini was not involved in Belgium’s midweek friendly defeat to Spain, with Reds boss Jose Mourinho having revealed that the midfielder picked up a back injury in the victory over Hull City.

Jesse Lingard, who is one of eight outfield first-team players to have remained at the Aon Training Complex during the international break, has not played since the Community Shield win over Leicester City.

Both managers will need to assess their returning international stars before selecting their teams for the derby and Mourinho confirmed that his Latin American players Antonio Valencia, Marcos Rojo and Sergio Romero will not be back at the training ground until Friday.

It’s already shaping up to be a classic derby, with both sides having won their opening three league games in the same season for only the second time in their history (the first was in 2011/12).

Hope Henrikh Mkhitaryan can recover on time for our derby ... and we will be facing an almost brand new city team ... which may or may not be good news for us!

Last edited:
Got a feeling, for the Manchester Derby, JM will go for a little changed first line up: De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Blind, Schneider, Fellaini, Pogba, Mata, Rooney, Martial, Ibrahimovic. If Henrikh can play it will be excellent.

Starting XI: De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Blind, Shaw, Fellaini, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Rooney, Lingard, Ibrahimovic

GOAL Man Utd 0-1 Man City (15 mins). Kevin De Bruyne gives Man City the lead as the Belgian breaks clear to score.

GOAL Man Utd 0-2 Man City (36 mins). Iheanacho doubles the lead for City after poking home from close range.

GOAL Man Utd 1-2 Man City (42 mins). Lifeline for Man Utd. Ibrahimovic pounces on a loose ball in the box.

A goal before HT means a great difference

Last edited:
46' - We're back under way at Old Trafford.

HT substitutions: Herrera and Rashford on, Mkhitaryan and Lingard off.

81' - Mourinho makes his third and final substitution. Martial is on for Shaw.

Our defensive errors haunts us time and time again. IMO Blind is out...do not play him again. Mourinho needs to search for another solution in that position. There were so little offensive play in the first half, it becomes too obvious and Man City can dictate the play. It always bad and frustrating feelings when we lose at home. Let's hope we gain from this setback experience and move forward. Defensively why we do poorly, its puzzling. Those players that are not up to mark must be shifted out immediately. There cannot be chances given, we need consistency and players must know they need to perform on the highest level every time.

I still believe Pogba is not worth $100mil. JM can blame the defenders for this loss but our midfield looks lost.
JM shld not only show the likes of Blind or Bailey the boot but also have the balls to take out Pogba if required.
I've nothing against Pogba but question JM ability to find real talent and not waste money.

Agreed we lost out not only in defence but in midfield as well ... we still lack of someone who will be able to command the midfield and turn the game around ... overrated (been saying since day 1) Pogba is no where near there ... our defence needless to say is always our pain ...

As for this Thursday FEYENOORD's TRIP no eye see ... if nothing is done ...

Feyenoord Team news

Who will JM play tom morning 1 am SGT sgainst Feyenoord? Perhaps an attacking lineup should be called for. We need to score more goals. I believe our current team has what it takes to win big. With no injuries and all team players fit and strong at his disposal, JM team will win comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.