LX5 - Availability in Singapore & elsewhere

shall we gather as a group for purchase getting a better deal? :D

shall we gather as a group for purchase getting a better deal? :D

;p good idea! hope so

BTW,my friend juz told me , in China,LX5 only RMB3750 ard....cheaper than HK:eek:

;p good idea! hope so

BTW,my friend juz told me , in China,LX5 only RMB3750 ard....cheaper than HK:eek:

hmms looking at this review it seems like S95 had better noise handling.

still deciding which to get

The S95 was never in my short list but its hard to ignore aftering seeing ISO1600 and ISO3200 comparison pics with the LX5. The S95 clearly has better detail and noise control. In addition, it is almost $200 cheaper!!! :rolleyes: The only issue with S95 is in video taking. It cant optical zoom during video recording, nor can it AF. :thumbsd:

hmms looking at this review it seems like S95 had better noise handling.

still deciding which to get

The S95 was never in my short list but its hard to ignore aftering seeing ISO1600 and ISO3200 comparison pics with the LX5. The S95 clearly has better detail and noise control. In addition, it is almost $200 cheaper!!! :rolleyes: The only issue with S95 is in video taking. It cant optical zoom during video recording, nor can it AF. :thumbsd:

The audio is mono for lx5 which i find it pretty sad, stereo sound recording would make it perfect with optical zoom and AF!

yea indeed. n to add on for lx5 it has faster speed shutter.
and in terms of batter life lx5 is twice as good. prolly due to the battery capacity?
which also determined by the weight of both camera?

any idea about both camera actual battery capacity?

but i love s95 tilt shift effect!

Last edited:
The lack of stereo audio isnt really a deal breaker since the LX5's mono audio appears to be quite decent. That said, i actually prefer Canon's colour which has more pleasing colours to me. The thing about the LX5 is the high price (the battery too!). On the other hand, i read about people getting the S95 3rd party battery for only $6. I suppose the S95's battery capacity is smaller than the LX5 but at $6/battery, well how many do u want? :bsmilie: U can get more than 10pcs of 3rd party S95 batteries for ONE original LX5 battery. I'm not agreeable to how Panasonic stops users from using 3rd party batteries by chipping. This is the same with the TZ7, releasing a new firmware just to prevent users from using 3rd party batts. :nono:

The lack of stereo audio isnt really a deal breaker since the LX5's mono audio appears to be quite decent. That said, i actually prefer Canon's colour which has more pleasing colours to me. The thing about the LX5 is the high price (the battery too!). On the other hand, i read about people getting the S95 3rd party battery for only $6. I suppose the S95's battery capacity is smaller than the LX5 but at $6/battery, well how many do u want? :bsmilie: U can get more than 10pcs of 3rd party S95 batteries for ONE original LX5 battery. I'm not agreeable to how Panasonic stops users from using 3rd party batteries by chipping. This is the same with the TZ7, releasing a new firmware just to prevent users from using 3rd party batts. :nono:

haha just to make it perfect ma. lol
3rd party batt so cheap? where do you buy from?

still have to wait for 8 more days after official release in sg. sian
any idea which place to purchase for good deals and warranty coverage?

Ask these S95 owners http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=748104&page=5 ;)

Panasonic has International Warranty coverage.. so as long as u dont buy a 'water goods' set, it does not matter where in the world u purchase your camera from. Its still early to tell which shop offers a good deal for the LX5, since its so hot at the moment. :bigeyes:

haha just to make it perfect ma. lol
3rd party batt so cheap? where do you buy from?

still have to wait for 8 more days after official release in sg. sian
any idea which place to purchase for good deals and warranty coverage?

Ask these S95 owners http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=748104&page=5 ;)

Panasonic has International Warranty coverage.. so as long as u dont buy a 'water goods' set, it does not matter where in the world u purchase your camera from. Its still early to tell which shop offers a good deal for the LX5, since its so hot at the moment. :bigeyes:

wa $6 @ 3800mAh song.

shall wait for sitex during nov and see how :D

still left 8days....:( waiting so tired.
Black or White still a big big big biggggg~~~question! OH MY LX5.....

still left 8days....:( waiting so tired.
Black or White still a big big big biggggg~~~question! OH MY LX5.....

I had the chance to see and hold both. White is very nice.

i guess black is still the best choice. in the long run for 2-4yrs usage.

Divipower 3rd party battery have bought license for the chip in their battery to make Panasonic batteries. Theirs is one of the best if not the best.

the 50% lucky draw open liao. register first then decide ba. ha.

Got my LX5 for RM1,600 in KL . . . comes with 8Gb card (foc)

Cheers

Got my LX5 for RM1,600 in KL . . . comes with 8Gb card (foc)

Cheers

I was quote for RM1600 as well in Penang (Excel Photo).
Has it reach Singapore? Was away these day so didn't read up carefully.

For those who frequently travel to JB, PM me so that I can tell you where to buy with good deal in JB, same price in KL as indicated from fellow CSer here, for what I know, new batch of goods just arrived!!:) but no accesories yet ho...so extra battery have to wait. Not gonna any details here.

Last edited:
I know one shop is planing to start selling next week at $724 (w/GST).

Stocks will reach stores this weekend =)