Lunar Eclipse June 16,2011

And then it rains...heavily. Well, that's it. Good time to go to sleep. Hopefully 11th December will have better skies.

3am already very cloudy but still the eclipse already 85% cover at East Coast. Now already raining, cant see anything.

hah. i gave up and started walking home, then realized my brother's tripod was left behind. and when i went back, the skies suddenly cleared. and within the 30 seconds i took to set up, before i could take my first shot, the eclipse was completed and.... the clouds came out to play again. ZZZZZ

oh my, what a waste of time…lucky i didn't go Punggol..woke up,saw the clouds, saw what little of the moon…by the time the total eclipse came, the moon also totally covered by clouds…then now started to storm…didn't see anything nor match anything but lucky i didn't go anywhere but home :)
Time for bed….hope for the next one in Dec…

Eclipse of the clouds. Raining heavily in Jurong. Sianz.

Same. Stay up so late for nth. Next one is in 2018?

Was at barrage since 1am+ but was greeted by layers of clouds, set off for west coast park at around 3+, and was greeted by heavy downpour.
No usable shots at all.
Lucky i rented the 80-400 instead of 500mm =x

Too much cloud. I managed this with the Sigma 70-300 and D60. Spot metering.
Was at Science Center. Ended up watching Avatar and Transformers....
well there were many kids there and the pictures was not even PG?

These pictures taken about 1am plus. After 2am, everything was washout... too much cloud.

Moon5.jpg

Moon3.jpg

Last edited:
I was shooting within the midst of the crowds in Science Center.
*** now I know why so many teens there, good reason to moon tan. Some of them very daring next to me. Luckily no camera shake.

Last edited:
See how the clouds affected everything:

Moon2.jpg

Moon6.jpg

I did shoot the moon in steps from 1am to 2am, wonder how it comes out on film (Rolleicord, one 1 frame of film multiple exposures)
Wow almost 5am.... bed time.. zzzz

Last edited:
I think better than many of us. Not even one shot taken. :( think NEA shd update earlier & thus many can save the hassle of coming out. So good weather to sleep leh..... Wait for 10-11 dec lor.....

Good morning everyone....very very sad that me and Tupac couldn't take any single shot at science ctr this morning....Clouds was thick.and started Raining soon after... Arrive home all wet but luckily my 5d mark ll already wrap in plastic...

was at Tuas Link till 4.30am... raining and windy and cloudy... totally missed the eclipse...

lucky i did not wait and i slept lolx

Big flop at science center too around 3.30 it start to drizzle . There was zero visibility of e moon around tat time. Btw 10 dec. There will be an another lunar eclipse and roughly will occur around 10pm+

Big flop at science center too around 3.30 it start to drizzle . There was zero visibility of e moon around tat time. Btw 10 dec. There will be an another lunar eclipse and roughly will occur around 10pm+

haha
if that fail the "damage" nt so much cause can juz sleep as per normal...

disappointed abt yester ... moon too shy!