Loving Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much is Sigma 50mm selling at IT Show?

It's being offered at 824 (look for Mariam) and 2 years warranty. Is that a good deal? May I know what is the standard warranty duration from Sigma when you guys purchased this lens? Thanks!

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/717198/1

I think its a good price. 824 prob about same price/ slightly higher as Nikon AFS 50mm.. Thats a good deal I think. 2 years is a standard warranty, tho I got additional 1 yr on my warranty card from MS photo (agent's deal to make it sweeter).

I would not know if a recalibrated lens will go heywire again, but good news is today i went to IT show at Suntec. I asked the Sigma counter sales person several questions...

One of them is on recalibration. She said recalibration is free no matter the age of the lens or where the lens is purchase from. You must call them to make an appt, they won't do it for you if you just go down without appt. It takes roughly 2 hrs, same day collect back. :thumbsup:

*In my mind i was thinking is it many Sigma lens have focusing issues & all have to be recalibrated & everyday they are doing this for ppl, that's why must book appt time... :sweatsm:*

Its a known problem. Think that's why they acknowledges it and allows recalibration at any age of the lens. I don't see it as a negative in fact, its a plus. As to why you need to book appt time.. I think they are quite strictly to ensure its front/back focus related issues. I once called to check and they ask a no. of questions. I think.. probably many ppl go back to them not knowing if the lens is having front/back focus issues and that is why they req appt. Just a thought.

Yes, it can be used on FF body.

Hi TheChef, I know you are a fujifilm S5 Pro user. I saw a personal ad on S5 pro body selling $1189. He says its new and unfilled warranty card (without agent's stamp). Do you think its a good price to get?

Last edited:
Pic 23

Titled Summer days

3319431368_8823805ba2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi TheChef, I know you are a fujifilm S5 Pro user. I saw a personal ad on S5 pro body selling $1189. He says its new and unfilled warranty card (without agent's stamp). Do you think its a good price to get?

for me it's a good deal...... got it earlier last year gray set at higher price of course

cheers

Pic 23

Titled Summer days

3319431368_8823805ba2.jpg
good simple picture which the eye drawn to the b/g with good dof :cool:

damn tempted to get dis lens.....

Title: I look better this side
3124769395_78f5532c2f.jpg

Go for original~ go for nikon~
Shot taken at F1.4 wide

I think its a good price. 824 prob about same price/ slightly higher as Nikon AFS 50mm.. Thats a good deal I think. 2 years is a standard warranty, tho I got additional 1 yr on my warranty card from MS photo (agent's deal to make it sweeter).

Alamak! And I thought I got a good deal with the 2 yr warranty....:bsmilie:

I bought mine @ $830 last night @ IT show. The first one had a tiny dust in it! Luckily I checked before I left the counter & changed for another. Glad it comes with a proper hood as well. Sales told me it's 1yr & 2yrs warranty when I buy direct from them but the warranty isn't even stamped. 7 days FOC exchange.

I bought mine @ $830 last night @ IT show. The first one had a tiny dust in it! Luckily I checked before I left the counter & changed for another. Glad it comes with a proper hood as well. Sales told me it's 1yr & 2yrs warranty when I buy direct from them but the warranty isn't even stamped. 7 days FOC exchange.

The stock must have come in! They told me that they had run out of stock when I went on Friday. I am going to pester them tomorrow:bsmilie:

Last edited:
erm, where can I get them now ah?

erm, where can I get them now ah?

I just checked & my invoice is from Sigma S'pore. E-centre @ Redhill. Tel: 62739622.

I couldn't find this lens (nikon mount) in several shops & all said it's not worth it, not popular, poor re-sale blah blah blah

I did some test shots on products earlier. AF is very fast & quiet on my D700 (slow on the D70 test cam). Haven't tried it on colours & flesh. It's very well built & love the size+balance well on my cam. I'll need to pick a good filter for it, what do you guys recommend?

Pic 24

Titled: A Lifetime - National Geographic

3295112160_56bce95b60.jpg

Well.. it's not all about bokeh. :) At low lit areas, the performance is pleasing.

Hi Oshkosh, I think it is an Ok price. The final decision is up to you of course.

Hi Oshkosh, I think it is an Ok price. The final decision is up to you of course.

Heard the S5 Pro has dust issues... quote by some "dust magnets" - Read from a couple of forum all mentioned that. The thought that I have to clean the sensor all the time.. makes me reluctant to get. Though.. heard many good things about it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.