LOTR III (Spoiler Alert?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azure said:
the scene when the oliphants came charging...

Anyone see the similarties between the scene when the oliphants come charging in and the imperial AT-ATs in the Empire strikes back??....:D

coke21 said:
Anyone see the similarties between the scene when the oliphants come charging in and the imperial AT-ATs in the Empire strikes back??....:D

Yes, but the oliphants are more advanced, they can run much faster then the AT-ATs.

:think:

Loved the triology. However I hate the part in LOTR3 where the ghosts helped the good guys to defect the orcs. The ghosts were indstructable! They can't be killed, yet can kill humans, orcs etc! So unfair! They could easily rule MiddleEarth!

Someone help me on this. I don't understand why Frodo, Gandaft etc had to leave middel Earth at the end?

togu said:
Yes, but the oliphants are more advanced, they can run much faster then the AT-ATs.

:think:
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

yah yah and the oliphants killed more people than the AT-ATs killed more Ewoks... definitely more advanced.

eric69 said:
Someone help me on this. I don't understand why Frodo, Gandaft etc had to leave middel Earth at the end?

For Gandalf he's just going back to where he came from in the first place. As Sauron's ring was destroyed, the elven rings could no longer be used to preserve their realms anymore...so the elves had to leave.

Vilya said:
For Gandalf he's just going back to where he came from in the first place. As Sauron's ring was destroyed, the elven rings could no longer be used to preserve their realms anymore...so the elves had to leave.
Oh. Thanks. But why Frodo and his uncle have to leave too?

One more question, why is "Gandalf" the grey became "Gandalf the white"? I didn't quite understand why he managed to survive when he was supposed to drop into the cliff together with the firey demon?
Thnaks in advance.

eric69 said:

One more question, why is "Gandalf" the grey became "Gandalf the white"? I didn't quite understand why he managed to survive when he was supposed to drop into the cliff together with the firey demon?
Thnaks in advance.

The wizards are supposed to be immortal thats why he didnt die. He got sent back to Earth to complete his task.

eric69 said:

As Frodo was suffering from the Witchking wound and Bilbo was dying of old age, by going into the Undying lands, they will survive. :)

Although I have not read the books but I definitely enjoyed the movie :)

Dunno abt the rest of you but did any of you get really annoyed with Frodo during the movie? There were times when I felt really irked by his "weak" & "blind" attitude - felt like thwacking him on the head! ;p

lavenderlilz said:

Dunno abt the rest of you but did any of you get really annoyed with Frodo during the movie? There were times when I felt really irked by his "weak" & "blind" attitude - felt like thwacking him on the head! ;p

heh heh heh... seems like the western version of Taiwan's Ah Cheng :bsmilie:

Ohhhhh the films were sooo good, a modern day star wars (4,5,6) if ever there was one.

Here is how I rank each part in terms of my favourite...

1. Fellowship of the Ring
2. Return of the King
3. Two Towers

Larry said:
actually, believe it or not, there was this ang-moh kid/teenager sitting besides me who did this. and not just giggle or chuckle, he was pointing and laughing out loud, like when Denethor dies in the fire. i think he's either hyperactive or suffering from ADD, and that he'll grow up to be a psycho or serial killer.

i blame my notoriously bad movie luck, cos i always seem to get stuck with these weird people all around me when i'm in the cinemas... :sweat:

You are not the only one. I was at Lido yesterday.. i just can't understand some people have really bad habits , around me there was this Aunty who would go "TSK.. TSK..TSK...TSK" when ever someone die or get killed. An adults that can't leave their toddler with their parents.. coz the kid keep running up and down the asile.. so bloody irriating plus on my right I get 2 4 yr kid chatting and giggling. The best thing is the parent are just obvilious from the stare I keep giveing them..

It was a great movie but some movie goes deserve to stay at home and watch their pirated DVD. Pls don't go to the cinemas if you fall into the above catagory... :nono:

And I get this lady behind me that keep going to the toilet and everytime she come back she would knock her leg on my head.. So tallk or wierd people I felt I got them all at a go yesterday.

lavenderlilz said:
Anyone in his postion will be confused and scared too. He couldn't trust anyone, only himself. His burden is the whole of Middle Earth and he knew he couldn't fail. Frankly, the third party is always clearer, victims are always one-sided.

Minority said:
You are not the only one. I was at Lido yesterday.. i just can't understand some people have really bad habits , around me there was this Aunty who would go "TSK.. TSK..TSK...TSK" when ever someone die or get killed. An adults that can't leave their toddler with their parents.. coz the kid keep running up and down the asile.. so bloody irriating plus on my right I get 2 4 yr kid chatting and giggling. The best thing is the parent are just obvilious from the stare I keep giveing them..
I caught my LOTR3 at West Mall. There this ah-beng uncle who bought his three kids to the movie and sat in front of us. The three kids were chatting and laughing at all the way, much to the frustration. You not gonna believe this but halfway through the movie, this uncle felt alseep and was snoring all the way to the end of the movie!

lavenderlilz said:

Let me guess, you're a scorpion, right? ;)

eric69 said:
Like what Vilya had said, Gandalf was an equivalent to an arch angel who came down to Middle Earth. Amongst the wizards, he was regarded as #2 even though there were a total of 6 (someone please confirmed). After Saruman had been corrupted by Sauron, Gandalf, when he slewed the Balrog (which BTW is at the same "level" as Gandalf), died and got reincarnated as the top of his Order. That is why 1) he became "the white" and 2) did not die

As for why, all ring bearers had to leave middle earth as the time of mundanes has arrived. No magic will remain, not even Samwise Gamgee who will eventually go off the same way, as as with Legolas and Gimli...

lavenderlilz said:

If you read the book, every step that Frodo took towards Mordor, the ring felt heavier and became an almost unbearable burden. He was almost completely consumed by the ring, so you can't really blame the poor guy. Tolkien also hinted that there is a mysterious enduring quality of hobbits, which probably help Frodo complete his task, any lesser being who not have succeeded.

My memory fails me here, but the part where he drove Sam away, was it in the book? I do remember they somehow got separated, Sam took over the ring and and sting and wanted to complete the mission when he thought Frodo was dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.