Aug 13, 2009
Hi

Details as below, interested pls email me at cliffapple@hotmail.com

• Bugeted at $50 for the event
  • 10 March Sat, 5 to 8pm estimated
  • Location at Punggol 5rm flat
  • About 20kids + 30 adults
  • Edited photos in soft copies

Hi ma'am, $50 is pretty low for a 3 hour shoot including editing of photos. Would you like to increase your budget to attract more photographers? Just my 2 cents. :)

Hi

Details as below, interested pls email me at cliffapple@hotmail.com

• Bugeted at $50 for the event
  • 10 March Sat, 5 to 8pm estimated
  • Location at Punggol 5rm flat
  • About 20kids + 30 adults
  • Edited photos in soft copies

$50 / 3 = $16.66 per hr

- location = punggol
-Edited photos in soft copies

I believe your budget is not realistic.

$50 / 3 = $16.66 per hr

- location = punggol
-Edited photos in soft copies

I believe your budget is not realistic.

A Punggol 5rm flat to house 20kids + 30 adults (assuming all come at the same time) already rather not realistic in the first place (at least not comfortable for the guests also......)

Usually when thread started posted email contact, it mean they won't come back for following up, unless they don't receive any responds, so sometime I find no point making any suggestions here.

for $50, I know some of you can only make 15 mins Guest Appearance, so if anyone of you feel insulted, please move on,

But, $50 is a lot of money to some, why don't just let the like minded people get together?

Dear all who have commented, and shown your concern...truly appreciated

This is not my first time looking for services in this forum and I conduct parties for my kids almost every year. My budget of $50 is because this service is not a necessity to me but rather a good to have if I can find one. I am sure my budget can fit for aspiring photographers who would like to take the opportunity to build up their portfolio, and even better, to meet new potential clients if their work are good(have I mentioned 20 kids = many parents?)

So for those who keen, pls feel free to drop me email as I don't check back regularly. And again, $50 is for ENTIRE event, not per hour.

Ps...And for the comfort of my guests.....I am lucky to have friends who wouldn't mind a bit of discomfort to join us in our celebration :)

Hi,
I just hope you understand as photographer is not a easy job, plus you want editing picture and I don think any photographer will kind to work together with you, because the editing picture is not easy as shooting around the event. So I do hope you give a better price so that the photographer will wining to work you soon .
Thanks

I am sure my budget can fit for aspiring photographers who would like to take the opportunity to build up their portfolio, and even better, to meet new potential clients if their work are good(have I mentioned 20 kids = many parents?)

this is lazy excuse and it only gives the parents of these 20 kids to continue to exploit this photographer to shoot another 20 parties at $50 for 3 hours.

Ha ha. Would sound better if it says. Training for photographers. As a token $50 for transport.

I believe this is the time to start bringing up clubsnap members integrity. Maybe most of people use seen clubsnap was a place to find cheap photographer and this is the time to prove them that clubsnap are place to find great photographers ? Have a great day all :)

ferdykdb said:
I believe this is the time to start bringing up clubsnap members integrity. Maybe most of people use seen clubsnap was a place to find cheap photographer and this is the time to prove them that clubsnap are place to find great photographers ? Have a great day all :)

I fully agree with you. Whoever look for a photographer here in clip snap should give respect to our skill, time and professionalism. We may charge lower than full time professional photographer but we ain't cheap that low.

this is lazy excuse and it only gives the parents of these 20 kids to continue to exploit this photographer to shoot another 20 parties at $50 for 3 hours.

This is not an excuse of any kind, just an honest upfront comment. I am sure even the most expensive professional photographer started out low.

If the work proof to be good, the photographer can increase all he wants to his future potential clients but first, there must be a pool right? Cannot undermine the potential of birthday parties, from one to the next and many more.

I am not trying to justify myself, just pointing out the facts in case it is not clear enough.

appleng said:
This is not an excuse of any kind, just an honest upfront comment. I am sure even the most expensive professional photographer started out low.

If the work proof to be good, the photographer can increase all he wants to his future potential clients but first, there must be a pool right? Cannot undermine the potential of birthday parties, from one to the next and many more.

I am not trying to justify myself, just pointing out the facts in case it is not clear enough.

cheapo is sill cheapo.

why not you look at another angle? pay the photographer more to motivate him to do better in his first job? instead of making him think after 3 hrs of hardwork shoot and a few hours of hardwork at editing, 'i am only being paid peanuts and my work is worth only $50.' do you think he is motivated to do another job?

so what if you have parents of 20 kids as exposure? do you think it will be helpful to the $50 cheapo photographer? He will always be labelled as a cheapo $50 photographer forever and he cannot raise his price infront of these parents cos you only paid him $50. So why should they pay more then you do? This is usually the consumer behavior and thinking.

To all photographers (especially newbies) dun cheapen yourself to take this $50 job. I rather you work for free and experience so next time you can start charging else people will always label you as a cheap $50 photographer and you will have difficullty raising your price next time.

Hi ma'am, $50 may barely cover the photographer's transport costs if he/she has to lug equipment from home to your place and back via taxi if they do not have their own car. As CameraMenMasterpiece has kindly suggested, offering a rate (starting from) $50/hour would open up a wider choice of photographers for you. :)

On a side note, I suppose that as photographers, the last thing we'd want to be known as is "The Dirt-Cheap(aka Underpaid) Photographer" ;p

i consider myself a newbie 2 years ago when i started out with small photography/videography projects, my first client paid me $300 bucks for 3 hours of work even though he knew I was a newbie. He told me that it's an encouragement for me to work towards greater projects.

I felt motivated, really. At least I know my works are being appreciated.

For 50 bucks, I'll probably complete the job, after which i will start flipping the classified section of newspaper to look for a 9-5 job.

Last edited:
To all photographers (especially newbies) dun cheapen yourself to take this $50 job. I rather you work for free and experience so next time you can start charging else people will always label you as a cheap $50 photographer and you will have difficullty raising your price next time.

I fully agree with you.
I'm a newbie to this line but I rather work for free to gain experience than take up this job. I agree to some $50 is not a small sum, but to cheapen your own photography for this? No way. To be realistic, once u taken up this $50 assignment, high chances are you won't be able to mark up any prices and will continue be the "cheap labor photographer".

To TS, it does not matter how many parents are there. If you are going to offer $50 for a 3 hour photography job, my advice to you is keep your $50 and take out whatever camera you have and snap on your own. This way u can keep to your "budget" and keep the pool of parents to yourself~ And they might even ask you to help out at their kids' party ;) just my two cents worth :D

Last edited:
This is not my first time looking for services in this forum and I conduct parties for my kids almost every year. My budget of $50 is because this service is not a necessity to me but rather a good to have if I can find one. I am sure my budget can fit for aspiring photographers who would like to take the opportunity to build up their portfolio, and even better, to meet new potential clients if their work are good(have I mentioned 20 kids = many parents?)

YOU SEE! She had done this before and now she is back for more!!!

It is exactly because got cheapo and stupid photographers who go and answer to her cheap offers which make her and her 20 friends think this a ok price to pay.

You answer to her $50 again next year she will be back!

And portfolio, please please please! Photographers ask yourselves how hard it is to get portfolio of people gathering in a hdb flat? Every Chinese New Year Hari Raya Deepavali Christmas your own house have already what? This is no portfolio at all! This type of portfolio only attracts more of TS type of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.