Long exposure's setting

ZerocoolAstra said:
Wah, multiply by 8 or 64 or 1000 also need app har? Siao liao la...

All return to maths teacher liao? :)

Not everyone fast thinking like u mah... I all return to library liao.... Hahaha!

Wah, multiply by 8 or 64 or 1000 also need app har? Siao liao la...

All return to maths teacher liao? :)

Theoretically everything that can be done in Excel can be done with a calculator.

Same for O levels, all can be calculated by hand.... It's technology, as long as we don't get too lazy, I think there's nothing wrong with making full use of it - that's what technology is about right? Doing things faster, more efficiently, while doing less. Or perhaps you destroy your in-camera meter or draw over it with a marker pen to return to your basics... :)

Cowseye said:
That works for me too. The lv with filter on trick didn't.
@chiangkxv: If a 10 stop filter is the only ND filter you have at that moment, Bo bian have to use that if u need to achieve slow shutter right?

Sorry. But why the question?

Theoretically everything that can be done in Excel can be done with a calculator.

Same for O levels, all can be calculated by hand.... It's technology, as long as we don't get too lazy, I think there's nothing wrong with making full use of it - that's what technology is about right? Doing things faster, more efficiently, while doing less. Or perhaps you destroy your in-camera meter or draw over it with a marker pen to return to your basics... :)

No la... I puffed too much on 'The Bong' and ended up flooding Orchard Road :bsmilie:
After that, I figured it was quicker to do simple mental arithmetic than rely on an app :)

hey, whatever floats your boat, right? ;)

chiangkxv said:
Sorry. But why the question?

Cos I had nvr succeed using lv to compose with the 10 stop filter on. Back then, this was my only ND filter, before I got cheapskates and got a ND fader... Bad mistake...

Cos I had nvr succeed using lv to compose with the 10 stop filter on. Back then, this was my only ND filter, before I got cheapskates and got a ND fader... Bad mistake...

The older implementations of LV tend to be very rudimentary, like just thrown into the camera just to say it had LV.. At least for my K20D it was pretty hopeless.

The newer ones should be better and closer to what P&S do, i.e. they "boost" the image, so 10 stop filters in strong sunlight, or even before sunset timing, should not be a problem.. :)

So yes, it has made it easier to shoot long exposures, in some sense... Of course I could take out the filter and recompose through OVF, but it's so much easier to just mount the filter and compose.

edutilos- said:
The older implementations of LV tend to be very rudimentary, like just thrown into the camera just to say it had LV.. At least for my K20D it was pretty hopeless.

The newer ones should be better and closer to what P&S do, i.e. they "boost" the image, so 10 stop filters in strong sunlight, or even before sunset timing, should not be a problem.. :)

So yes, it has made it easier to shoot long exposures, in some sense... Of course I could take out the filter and recompose through OVF, but it's so much easier to just mount the filter and compose.

Is D300s rudimentary?

Is D300s rudimentary?

I don't know leh, because I have never touched a D300s before.

But if you cannot see the image when a ND110 is placed over your lens in bright daylight (noontime, for example, with the sun out), then I would consider it a rudimentary implementation of LV. :)

I believe the live view is suppose to be a reflection of what you see based on the settings ( within limits and probably not work when the exposure time is much slower than the frame rate of liveview I think , at least for my 5d2 ) .

If your setting is already heavily underexposed with an ND110, the live view visual would be pitch black?

Ryan