Life... What is important

Status
Not open for further replies.
clarinet said:
So what is life all about.. Different people has different priority in life. Different people are born at different level of society. Some are born rich and are rich throughout their life while some is born poor and attain wealth during their lifetime.

So what is important in life? Money? Not really, money can't buy happiness or love. So is it love or happiness is more important? Not really too. We need a bit of everythings to achieve fullest in life.

My life is lacking of everything. Schoolmates are with me when they find that I'm still in use to them and will leave me once I'm no longer useful. This happen throughout my Pri, sec, JC up till now, in poly.

My love life has score a blank. Maybe not blank, it's total failure. Am I having a nightmare or what. I'm very envious of mamy people, they seem surrounded with true friends, has a happy life and beautiful love life.

So back to the topic, does Karma exsit? If not, then why some or born and lead a happy and fulfilling life all the whole life while some are born to suffer...

Comment??

Everyone goes through murky patches of their lives when they start feeling, for apparently no good reason at all, empty and directionless. This can happen when we're living on auto-pilot, getting lost in the rhythm of the ever turning wheels, and having no clear idea what we want or what we're doing. This lack of vision and control can be very disempowering.
So here are some ways you can reclaim control of your life and empower yourself to move into the future with confidence.
First, ask yourself "What do I want?" It's a simple question but the answer can be unexpectedly complex. Most of us don't even think about this question. But it's the most important thing you need to establish. Do you want more money? Give more love? Spend more time with your children? More health? Really meditate on this and listen to what comes back.
Next, ask yourself "What is stopping me from getting what I want?" Is it doubt? As in "I don't think I can go without a regular income." Or is it limiting beliefs? Such as "I'm too old for that." What about attachment? The unwillingness to let go of certain things in order for other things to come into your life. Upon close examination, you'll find that these things really can't hold you back. It's just fear.
Then look at where you are today. Are you getting from it all that you want? Or are you unhappy with the way things are? Even if you think you're miserable, you're getting something from it, otherwise you would have tried to get out of the situation. Many of us languish in self-pity because we're feeding our insecurities. Somewhere deep inside, we actually do like where we are because it means we don't have to take any action towards change. Change frightens us and so we make up the excuse that we're in a hopeless situation and continue doing nothing.
But the human spirit grows thin when it remains in an unchallenging place for too long. The emptiness you feel is precisely because you've not allowed for change to transform your life. You're doing the same thing which gives you no satisfaction day in day out and your heart is crying out for help. So the key really is to decide what you have to do to start changing your life in positive ways. And really take action.
Even small actions, like walking up the steps at the office instead of taking the lift gives you an empowering feeling of moving forward all the time.

Hmm... read the title and got a reply in my head but turned out the topic is not the same.. anyway.. fresh from my head = what is important in life will keep on changing. Either you grew up, grew out of, manage to get it (and lost interest), manage to lose it (and realize you want it all along), become a gf, wife, mother, best buddy, etc etc.

As for your real topic... school... i also hate it. So since I got nothing nice to say... I'll just bluff. Here goes... They don't really become your friends and then stop because they don't need you anymore. Its just a matter of opportunity. You are aware of how stressful being in that age, with schools, family, the change in your body and mind, all these can be stressful and sometimes you just don't know what is important anymore.. wait... you just said that... anyway... I'm sure everyone you knew have been there as well and so even your friends gets confused one time or another and they can only spread out their time to all these "important" things.

Now bluffy off. This is the best time to explore more. There are other people who will love to meet you and be your friend. Looks is not important but the quality time you guys can spend and share the same interest. Most photographers I know prefer to stand on the wrong side of the camera for one specific reason and its not because the manual say so. But they (except the grumpy ones) still manage to get married and hang around with fellow non-grumpy photographers. So do not put looks too much credit in making friends. Its irrelevant. Those who do are not really interested in friendship.

initialE24 said:
Everyone goes through murky patches of their lives when they start feeling, for apparently no good reason at all, empty and directionless. This can happen when we're living on auto-pilot, getting lost in the rhythm of the ever turning wheels, and having no clear idea what we want or what we're doing. This lack of vision and control can be very disempowering.
So here are some ways you can reclaim control of your life and empower yourself to move into the future with confidence.
First, ask yourself "What do I want?" It's a simple question but the answer can be unexpectedly complex. Most of us don't even think about this question. But it's the most important thing you need to establish. Do you want more money? Give more love? Spend more time with your children? More health? Really meditate on this and listen to what comes back.
Next, ask yourself "What is stopping me from getting what I want?" Is it doubt? As in "I don't think I can go without a regular income." Or is it limiting beliefs? Such as "I'm too old for that." What about attachment? The unwillingness to let go of certain things in order for other things to come into your life. Upon close examination, you'll find that these things really can't hold you back. It's just fear.
Then look at where you are today. Are you getting from it all that you want? Or are you unhappy with the way things are? Even if you think you're miserable, you're getting something from it, otherwise you would have tried to get out of the situation. Many of us languish in self-pity because we're feeding our insecurities. Somewhere deep inside, we actually do like where we are because it means we don't have to take any action towards change. Change frightens us and so we make up the excuse that we're in a hopeless situation and continue doing nothing.
But the human spirit grows thin when it remains in an unchallenging place for too long. The emptiness you feel is precisely because you've not allowed for change to transform your life. You're doing the same thing which gives you no satisfaction day in day out and your heart is crying out for help. So the key really is to decide what you have to do to start changing your life in positive ways. And really take action.
Even small actions, like walking up the steps at the office instead of taking the lift gives you an empowering feeling of moving forward all the time.

i din bother to read...

but i think your enter button got problem..

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i din bother to read...

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

join more photo outings

sure to have more kakis

also do not expect anything from anyone and you will not be dissappointed

Remember: no one owes you a living
be greatful of what you have now

And most important

S M I L E :)

normally someone else will smile back

meow meow meow.. meow meow meow meow..
meow?

sorry did i just meow at the wrong thread? :what: doesnt matter really. life is about meowing ! :lovegrin: got fish, eat. no fish go find fish to eat. got nap, take nap. do you see cats killing themselves? :sweatsm:

i didn't digress, in case you're wondering. there is a book on how Cats live. go read more and think less. life is short, why think so much :sweat:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i din bother to read...

:)
Even small actions, like walking up the steps at the office instead of taking the lift gives you an empowering feeling of moving forward all the ti

Is the other partner of yours so impt? If it is, then treat yourself good enough before thinking of loving someone...

basically from what i see you are alone and hurting yourself emtionally cause you're alone... Time to find other things to pamper yourself then further hurting yourself...

Being a happy person is impt cause you happy, ppl around you will be happy. You're sad, ppl around either be sad or leave you cause they don't want to be sad...

furrycake said:
meow?

sorry did i just meow at the wrong thread? :what: doesnt matter really. life is about meowing ! :lovegrin: got fish, eat. no fish go find fish to eat. got nap, take nap. do you see cats killing themselves? :sweatsm:

i didn't digress, in case you're wondering. there is a book on how Cats live. go read more and think less. life is short, why think so much :sweat:

when will it make into a movie ar? me no like reading...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
when will it make into a movie ar? me no like reading...

last nite on HBO shown Cat Woman leh. dont read that book then your dai ji :sticktong

furrycake said:
meow?

Not unless you're in Singapore. Got fish, eat. No fish, wait for auntie. Got nap, take nap. Wake up, download on one corner and go back to sleep. Wake up again and look for fellow cat, try to make baby kitties and go back to sleep. Wake up for last time and meow at stranger, then stranger cull cat. Start some sad music. Scroll cast n character but skip "no animals were hurt slogan". Also no part 2 because lead character is gone. The end.

dawgbyte77 said:
Not unless you're in Singapore. Got fish, eat. No fish, wait for auntie. Got nap, take nap. Wake up, download on one corner and go back to sleep. Wake up again and look for fellow cat, try to make baby kitties and go back to sleep. Wake up for last time and meow at stranger, then stranger cull cat. Start some sad music. Scroll cast n character but skip "no animals were hurt slogan". Also no part 2 because lead character is gone. The end.

end of the day... morale of the story...

Bo Her Hei Mah Ho... (No Fish, Prawn Also Can) :sweatsm:

dawgbyte77 said:
hope i hadnt turned claris' thread into some pets thread, sorry :sweat:

in sg same thing. got fish eat. no fish wait auntie or look around for scraps. got nap take a nap. but not all cats are strays and not all strays can make baby kitties becos sg garment said must cut cut :p

same applies to claris. at least when we're alive, we got fish to eat and nap to take, isnt that a blessing itself? a healthy cat is a happy one ! :)

Another moral story is .... be a man... don't be a pussie.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
end of the day... morale of the story...

Bo Her Hei Mah Ho... (No Fish, Prawn Also Can) :sweatsm:

How many pre sch frens i have in contact - - - 2
How many pri sch frens i have in contact - - - 10
How many sec sch frens i have in contact - - - many >20+
How many dip sch frens i have in contact - - - probably less than 5...
How many degree frens i have in contact - - - ~10

:D I do not have yearly gatherings because I meet my friends regularly.

What is important about life is life itself. You choose you own path. Everything happens for a reason. I would suggest you to read a book called "The purpose of our life is happiness" or something like that by the Dalai Lama.

furrycake said:
hope i hadnt turned claris' thread into some pets thread, sorry :sweat:

in sg same thing. got fish eat. no fish wait auntie or look around for scraps. got nap take a nap. but not all cats are strays and not all strays can make baby kitties becos sg garment said must cut cut :p

same applies to claris. at least when we're alive, we got fish to eat and nap to take, isnt that a blessing itself? a healthy cat is a happy one ! :)

Oops sorry also. My point is to always be cheerful and focus on little positive things. Sometimes it is necessary to be sad to appreciate small blessings. Be a magnet for friends. If you are a bundle of joy and people feels good and happy around you, they will flock to you. Ok.. no more OT.

furrycake said:
im not a man. is that wrong? :(

Last of the last OT. I'm just kidding. Poking fun at the cat thing in general and not on your view. I do agree cats are very independent and aloof and not so emotionally clingy like dogs. Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.