LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, signings made and everything looks set. the season starts now........
except no one here gets to watch it :(
maybe fans should go JB :). anyone knows if malaysian satellite channels have it?

Ladies and gentlemen!!!

Live matches on Sat and Sun!! Can't wait to see the new Liverpool guys in action!!!

YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!!

i just saw advertisements on channel 24 saying that there are going to be live matches...
Im not too sure if its becasue the adverts are pre programmed... i do hope they show man.... basket...

bolton 1 liverpool 0

i think that we simply need more and better defenders such as centre-backs in the team.

traore just doesn't cut it. splendid at times... unfortunate and sorry most others...
frustrating to watch esp. when we were one nil down and he tried to dribble his way out of trouble with 3 bolton players closing him down...

on a bright side, i thought it was a good match(even though we lost). luis garcia and xabi alonso played well. maybe we'll get better in the next game!

still early days! GO LIVERPOOL GO!!

playing better than last season at least, i think. Too many new players, probably need some time to gel. Garcia looks promising. :)

Err, were we watching the same game? That was the second inept performance I've seen in the space of five days. Graz on Wednesday was one of the worst footballing performances I've seen in a season or two. In this game, Liverpool as an attacking force was a non-entity in the first half and hardly much better in the second. Bolton were by far the better team on the day, and the neat passing triangles between players like Stelios, Okocha and Gardner put the team to shame.

I thought Garcia, disallowed goal aside, had a stinker. His first touch was sending the ball yards away from him. He passed to a player in a white shirt more often than to a player in a red shirt, he didn't take people on and didn't beat people, he didn't shoot, and didn't take up intelligent positions. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt having just arrived and all that, but on the basis of that performance, he will need to have much better days. What he did try was to get involved, and he ran, but that's about it.

Alonso was steady if unspectacular. Got stuck in which was nice to see, but both Hamann and Gerrard get stuck in; we need someone who can create.

I thought the lineup chosen by Benitez was poor too. Starting with Milan Baros as your lone striker is never a positive move, and the five in midfield showed. I was worried about it before kickoff and the first half did nothing to allay the fear. At times in the first half when we did have possession (Bolton had far more of that), we stroked the ball around on the outside of the penalty area with just Baros in the box. Now Milan bless his soul, is a good player but hardly a target man. Great when you can play the angled ball or counter attack, but we sat up and passed it around and had no one to get into the box.

I spent the afternoon trying to get decent stock of both Alonso and Garcia and struggled. Which usually indicates the players in questoin weren't particularly impressive.

If anyone thinks I'm being overly negative, you need to watch the last two games with an open mind and objectively. Some of the stuff going on, particularly against Graz but today wasn't much better, was schoolboy. But on the plus side, just to show I'm not *all* negative, I have watched Josemi several times now and I have been fairly impressed, particularly given his price tag. No nonsense whack it out of the box player and with a decent work rate. And also, losing Hyypia early in the game didn't help, and I was worried, and sad to say got proven right. It was a soft goal to concede, but with Carragher and Traore as your centrebacks?

And applaudable though Benitez's penchant for bringing youth on (and I do acknowledge our squad is lacking), I was also surprised to see Stephen Warnock in the starting lineup again, and playing his third game in a row. He tries yes, but lacks the nous at this level for the moment, and given that we're struggling, now's not the time to be blooding really. He plays his part in the simple passing, but does nothing concrete going forward, either with penatrative pass, or beating his man. This is not a condemnation of the player, just that we are asking too much too soon.

speechless after vomit 2 liter blood last night.......

Very disappointing result. Had the chances(Baros, Cisse, Hamann) but didnt convert them. And the only ball that went in, was disallowed controversially.
I was surprised at Warnock being included and Cisse being relegated to the bench. Oh well Cisse maybe because of his involvement in the car accident earlier. Losing Hyypia that early in the game was very unlucky. And his replacement Traore, every time he steps onto the field, :sweat:
Biscan might have done a better job than him ;p

Early days still. I won't be expecting them to win the League this season but hopefully among the top 3. And a good run in the FA Cup and CL.

ynwa

sigh, another loss. still, it's early days and things should be better when they settle down. still seem to have difficulty in putting away chances. at this level, chances are rare and you must take it when it comes. so far, the attack isn't sharp enough.
i do feel that a new defender would help. and the midfield need to settle down and play together. they must stop giving away the ball so cheaply. possession is control. you control a game, half the match is won.
the attackers are good on paper but they really need be sharper and take their chances.
i love forum pages cos i can share my uninformed opinion :D

How much longer can Gerrard stick it in a team without his friend Owen, that plays such unadventurous football?

I hardly ever stop watching a match half-way through but last night, it sent me to sleep. Granted, I am not a Liverpool fan but this was tedious and dull. Respect to all of you Liverpool fans who are trying to put a brave face on this bad start but you must be thinking "Bring back Houlier" at this moment, aren't you?

now i am starting to wonder why we played so well during the pre-season... :think:

Phildate said:
you must be thinking "Bring back Houlier" at this moment, aren't you?

Oh dear. You better not let Wong Se hear that! :bsmilie: As far as he's concerned, anything would be better than Houllier! :bsmilie:

all i wish for is/are reliable centre backs...

let's dispense with traore...

i believe we need some time to gel. it wasn't such a bad performance... nor was it a good one. but i realised that we are playing more and more through the wings...

let's give the team more time!

on a sidenote, Sir Bobby Robson got the boot! i thought it's been on the walls for some time, so it finally happened... :(

perhaps Gerard Houllier's heading there?? :thumbsup:

I heard that Liverpool is buying one more spanish defender name Cortes. Anyone heard of him? Also, I heard that Mista and Canizares are also on Rafa's shopping list before the transfer dateline.

Personally, I thought Liverpool played quite well, but they still haven't established that kind of "MO QI". I guess it takes time. Be patience guys. As for yesterday's goal, I think it is Dudek's fault. I don't think he is so impressive anymore.

The new manager with his way reacting to the bad decision of referee....

Garcia was unfortunate to have a goal wrongly disallowed at Bolton. What differences have you noticed between officials in England and in Spain?

It's always difficult to talk about referees because over the course of the season you will get good and bad decisions made for and against you. It's the same in Spain and every week the questions are always about the referees. In my opinion it's better not to talk about them at all.

(U can read the full interview from here)

Status
Not open for further replies.