LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
have some worry about signing 4 new spanish players who have never played in the EPL.

they will need time to settle down. but can we afford that time? :dunno:

but i am still optimistic ;)

finally, a playmaker and a real right winger. hope they can settle in to the engllish league style.
still feel that the defence needs a bit of work though.

hope fowler plays well tonight but that liverpool will still win!!! :rbounce:

2-1. that was close!! still don't seem to be able to finish off opponents despite creating chances.

Cheesecake said:
oh, Dudek, has not changed much, has he?

Not as bad as David "Calamity" James tho!

Might post some pics when I recover.

i was in a rather mixed mood.
Fowler didn't played well too, did he? :( seems completely unaware of what's going on! :dunno:

the Reds defence looks much more solid with Josemi at right back, Carragher in the center with Hyypia and Riise on the left back. and, we r playing more often down the wings than ever before! :bsmilie:

all in all, very pleased with a spirited performance from the Reds!

p.s. anyone saw the silky nutmeg move from Cisse against Distin? i bet Heskey could never do such a trick! haha! :bsmilie:

Go LIVERPOOL GO!!

Cheesecake said:
p.s. anyone saw the silky nutmeg move from Cisse against Distin? i bet Heskey could never do such a trick! haha! :bsmilie:

Yes I was about 10 yards away and it had the Kop singing his name for a minute or two afterwards.

have some worry about signing 4 new spanish players who have never played in the EPL. they will need time to settle down. but can we afford that time

Chelsea signed 7 players who had not played in EPL..and yet they are highly rated as of the team who will win the tittle. Why can;t we acheive that as well ?

Garcia gets no.10 jersey

wowww.....Benitez really think he would do the job...let us see what he can do for us in the next coming match.

Liverpool 2 - Man City 1

My view after 2 matches...

1) even at the previous match against Hotsperm, i did not fancy the idea to start Dudek, I prefer Kirsland. In mid week, dudek picked up the ball 5 times from his net. He made mistake more frequent nowadays. Almost cost us 3 points last saturday.

2) I am in doubt about the referee standard. We had 2 obvious penalty that were not given...gerrard being shirt pulling (against Hotsperm) and baros being pushed down (agasint Man City)...Sigh......

3) Josemi is a bargain at 2m... he is good. He can even bring the ball forward a bit and deliver, of which Carrager has to improve...of which Carrager is not playing first team for England.

4) Kewell is playing ok and we attack more on left wing.. Finnan can cross, and not so accurate...and not efficient. Guess bringing a RMD is a must to enhance the attack from both wing.

5) The team need to practice more on free kick..the way Cisse and Baros being fouled outside the penalty box had given us more free kicks. We should capitalise the opportunities to score against them.

6) 2-1, that was close. Hope that with Alonso to partner Gerrard and Garcia playing on RMD, they would be able to play mroe attacking flow.

7) 2 match, unbeated. Good work...better than MU....hahahaa....

wong_se said:
guess who is the man of the match last saturday ??

the aging Hamann.....albeit he is old...he is experienced and one of the few players in the the squad can read the game well to intercept the attacking flow and do some good tackling.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,1527,1288731,00.html

Agreed, but too bad age is catching up wif him and think that he won't be able to play in every game. :( Let's hope the midfield partnership of gerrard and alonso lives up to its billing.

I really do hope that they can add another striker to the squad. Pray that the rumors about Mista coming to the Kop is true. :D

wong_se said:
1) even at the previous match against Hotsperm, i did not fancy the idea to start Dudek, I prefer Kirsland.

Well you should also know full well that Kirkland injured his back in training and wasn't available for the game.

4) Kewell is playing ok and we attack more on left wing.. Finnan can cross, and not so accurate...and not efficient. Guess bringing a RMD is a must to enhance the attack from both wing.

He already did, he's called Antonio Nunez and unfortunately he was injured too. And as you point out, Garcia can play there too, and Kewell drifted there after Stephen Warnock came on on Sat.

i can;t wait to see the new force in midfield....Kewell, Alonso, Gerrard, Garcia. I am sure they will keep on attacking. While Nunez and Hamann can be rotated, with Biscan adn Diao stand by when we are leading 2-0 and close the door.

after 2 EPL matches, we have injuries list - Josemi, Kirkland and Nunez. And 2 penalties not being awarded...

hope these type of bad luck will drag us down again.

wong_se said:
i can;t wait to see the new force in midfield....Kewell, Alonso, Gerrard, Garcia. I am sure they will keep on attacking. While Nunez and Hamann can be rotated, with Biscan adn Diao stand by when we are leading 2-0 and close the door.

still worried about the defence though. seems to be a lack of depth there, especially in the middle. we have hyypia(good), henchoz(can be irritatingly inconsistent), carragher(not enough presence, i feel). josemi can play there too but traore had not shown himself to be reliable and ostemobor is inexperienced (though i'd like to see more of him). diao!!?? ummm.....
always noticed the defence struggled to cope with pace and also flair players. IMHO need a pacy defender who's a good game reader. hyppia is solid but he's not a game reader,

the striker situation is not as bad as it seems. pongolle and mellor should be given a chance and kewell and smicer can play there too.

another goalkeeper? now kirkland injured and if dudek is out too, dunno how good paul harrison is.

we lost 1-0 to Graz but yet advance. didn't get a chance to watch the match as it wasn't telecast 'live'. i guess if i've seen it i might be a really angry man this morning... haha!

anyone saw the match?
seriously, is the performance so lousy(as from what i read-soccernet.com)as to mention it in the same breathe as the 'Gerard Houllier syndrome' or problems from the Houllier era?

:( disappointed to read that we've lost 1-0 at Anfield but yet relieved that we went through! count our blessings!

i believe the squad is balance. we dun need to buy more player...rather than train the current player to play better and apply right tactics/approach to each game.

playing long ball is a small chance to reach our own player but mostly end up losing the ball. Hope Gerrard, Kewell, Alonso and Garcia can hold the ball and play more often to control/more possesion....U may wonder why Brazil won 5 world cup but their defence is never one of the best. I would see that this is due to the control of midfield.

still worried about the defence though. seems to be a lack of depth there, especially in the middle. we have hyypia(good), henchoz(can be irritatingly inconsistent), carragher(not enough presence, i feel). josemi can play there too but traore had not shown himself to be reliable and ostemobor is inexperienced (though i'd like to see more of him). diao!!?? ummm.....

Hyypia, Carranger, Josemi, Riise, Hencoz, should have the quality to defend. They just need to rebuild the confidence among them. And pls dun mention Traore, he is more a liability to the team...I can never forgive him for his merely give up and lied on the floor during the match against Charlton.

IMHO need a pacy defender who's a good game reader. hyppia is solid but he's not a game reader,
3 seasons ago..we have McAllister, now we have Hamann...a game reader. Who intercepts the attack and read the game well. I believe Benitex will keep him for the CL match.

Btw...14m is in our bank now...hahaha.....we can wait and see whether we need reinforcement during Jan transfer window. Loss at Anfield of course is very bad..Hope the team learn their weakness and the manager had found a way to turn the team around.

Status
Not open for further replies.