LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
idor said:
I would prefer total football than total new solution.... :bsmilie:

Har? Total football? Dutch masters? hehe no longer in fashion liao. :sweatsm:

Dun like TNS? Liverpool Vs TNS is their dream come true. :bsmilie: TNS=Total Network Solutions

ibitemynails said:
when when??

When? I have no idea. By the time you walk there, the match would be over liao. :sweatsm:

afbug said:
Har? Total football? Dutch masters? hehe no longer in fashion liao. :sweatsm:

Dun like TNS? Liverpool Vs TNS is their dream come true. :bsmilie: TNS=Total Network Solutions

When? I have no idea. By the time you walk there, the match would be over liao. :sweatsm:
start now???

afbug said:
Ok! You start your walk to cardiff now. I go to bed. Goodnite. ;)
cannot lah

u promised to go with me...

PLaying against TNS and possibly 2nd round against Faroes Island couldn't be more ideal for Liverpool. I just hope we signed all the players before the CL deadline otherwise will be like Morientes again....

nemesis32 said:
PLaying against TNS and possibly 2nd round against Faroes Island couldn't be more ideal for Liverpool. I just hope we signed all the players before the CL deadline otherwise will be like Morientes again....
true true..

anything is better than afganistan...

Dnt kw why Liverpool never interested in Brazilian players....Arensel is now close on Robinho...
Can anyone tell me in Liverpool history, are there any Brazilian palyers in the team????

Speedwagon said:
Can anyone tell me in Liverpool history, are there any Brazilian palyers in the team????

The answer is no.

Where do the players come from ?

Country No of players
England 373
Scotland 144
Wales 26
S-Africa 13
France 11
Ireland 11
Northern Ireland 9
Norway 6
Spain 5
Denmark 4
Germany 4
Czech Republic 3
Australia 2
Finland 2
Israel 2
Netherlands 2
Senegal 2
USA 2
Argentina 1
Cameroon 1
Croatia 1
Guinea 1
Hungary 1
Iceland 1
Jamaica 1
Mozambique 1
Poland 1
Sweden 1
Switzerland 1

Interesting stats.... Argentina (Pellegrino i guess) Guinea (titi camara?), Mozambique... (Abel Xavier?) USA shd be Frediel and Whitbread....

nemesis32 said:
Interesting stats.... Argentina (Pellegrino i guess) Guinea (titi camara?), Mozambique... (Abel Xavier?) USA shd be Frediel and Whitbread....

Abel Xavier from Portugal i think. Bruce Gobbler la? Zambawie? How to spell? :bsmilie:

Are we getting the 30 year old Stelios for 1.1m whom had won no medal ?

to replace the mid 20s Biscan who we released for free...

really dun see the reason behind.... :dunno:

can anyone explain why Liverpool never consider Brazilian players???

they are not well known if they are not good.

if they are good and well known..they are too expensive for us to buy.

who wouldnot want ronaldo,.robinho , andriano, etc..

I dont agree. If we are good enough, we shd able to offer any good potential Brazilian players b4 their price went up....like Robinho.
Even with his price tag now, I believe we shd able to afford that if we can pay Heskey for 10M and Arsenal can offer Robinho, I dnt see why we cant!!!!

that;s not always the case..

Years ago...Houllier spotted a talent. YOung talent...and he can play real good football at that age.

Houllier offerd to buy him at around 8m..But they demanded 11m. We could not match their price...

and now this guy is playing for MU, and his name is Ronaldo.

Yes..we do oftenly miss out good players because we can't offer a lot..
occasionally we did manage to get a good bargain.

ie..hencoz + hyypia..2 less than 5m. And among them..they won FA CUp, UEFE Cup, CL, League Cup, Charity Shield. Only fail to get EPL.

Better than 28m Ferdinard who had nothing in his bag yet.

wong_se said:

he's got a no. of X-Rated movies to his credit, not forgetting a large no. of speeding tickets, reducing photographers to a pulp, brushes with law etc.etc

wow! he also crashed some of his famous cars!

wong_se said:
Are we getting the 30 year old Stelios for 1.1m whom had won no medal ?

to replace the mid 20s Biscan who we released for free...

really dun see the reason behind.... :dunno:

I dun agree. I think Stelios will be a good signing as he can plays on the wings and as a temp striker. Dun forget that he's a key member of the 2004 Euro champs.

If you look at the no. of appearances he made as a sub, you will be quite surprise that he scored 8 goals for Bolton in 38 total appearances taking into account that Bolton is a 1goal/match type of team.... It's a very respectable goal ratio.

As for Biscan, he released him prob because he would not qualify for WP anyway as he played so little for Liverpool. Moreover, with Hamann staying and welsh coming thru, no real need for DM. Stelios can play on the right flank... which is an area we are weak in... unless you play garcia there but he's not really a RM as well. I prefer Malbranque... but Stelios could be a bargain buy at 1m pound

Speedwagon said:
can anyone explain why Liverpool never consider Brazilian players???

This is one tough question.. I think before 90s, most of Liverpool players are English, Irish, northern-irish and Welsh internationals. A couple of top scandinivians also joined us.

It will be difficult to get any South American player to play in English league then due to language problems. The preferred choice for Brazilian/Agentinian players is usually Spain or Portugal as there's common language and similar culture.

if i am not wrong, there's only a handful of brazil or argentina players that played in English league... Ossie Ardilles for Spurs, Juninho for Boro, Edu and Giberto for Arsenal, Kelbesan for Man U.

Another reason for not signing brazillian or argentinian players is the WP issue. The requirement is that the national team must be ranked top 75 by FIFA and the player must play in 70% of the matches for last 2 years. This effectively rules out the young and emerging talents as well as the old but dependable type. Only 1st team regular can apply. Of the 1st team, again, brazil played in so many tournaments and friendly matches, they ended up using 2-3 teams of players thus it will difficult to get the requisite no. of matches for WP.

wong_se said:

Years ago...Houllier spotted a talent. YOung talent...and he can play real good football at that age.

Houllier offerd to buy him at around 8m..But they demanded 11m. We could not match their price...

and now this guy is playing for MU, and his name is Ronaldo.

Yes..we do oftenly miss out good players because we can't offer a lot..
occasionally we did manage to get a good bargain.

ie..hencoz + hyypia..2 less than 5m. And among them..they won FA CUp, UEFE Cup, CL, League Cup, Charity Shield. Only fail to get EPL.

Cristian ronaldo was already a upcoming star in the world youth tourny as well as the portugese national team so together with Robino.. i think spotting that type of talent is not too difficult.

Attracting these talents to Liverpool is more difficult esp in 90s when we only won a couple of cups and qualify for CL on several occasions. On the contrary, Arsenal and Man U qualifies every year.Also, as a location, liverpool is not an ideal destination. Arsenal and Chelsea is in London, the capital of style whereas Man U is the no. 1 club in the world (yes, as much as i hated it) and thus extra revenue from non-playing activities may attract the players as well.

For a while, we have been trying to suss out the gems without much success. i.e. Cheyrou, Diouf, Diao, Biscan, Kirkland etc They have not come cheap but they are not top class players in their prime. How many clubs can do that? Prob only Real Madrid and Chelsea now. Man U can splash out 28m for Rio, 27m for Rooney etc... we can't, it's a fact. Our best bet is talent from our academy (our strengths... Carra, Fowler, rednapp, Owen and Gerrard all from academy) but we have no new talents coming thru for the past 5 years. Only warnock broke into 1st team for abt 10 games...

nemesis32 said:
As for Biscan, he released him prob because he would not qualify for WP anyway as he played so little for Liverpool.

let us not to look at whether we should or we should not release Biscan....but where do u get the info that he would not qualify for WP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.