Lens Clollection

I am not into cars but the way I see my friend burn his money on his car and accessories, I certain do not think that camera equipment is expensive. He helped me feel better when my wife nags at me for spending so much on photography. I also use my friend as a shield when she does that. For example, he spends $1k+ on ONE tyre, that a whopping $4000++ on wheels alone.That can get me a canon 5d2!! Not to go on about the car seat, steering wheel, spoiler etc.:confused:

I think it's almost the same, for instance, 4 pieces of big rubber $4k++, one canon 300mm F2.8 can cost up to $6k+, canon 400mm F2.8L $10k++, 500mm F4L $16k++. I don't think cars can spent some much in one short. $16k I can, up turbo,inter-cooler,brake caliper, up engine, steering,rims,seats, sound system etc. Further lens are just A little piece of plastic/steel + glass. Anyway if I got the money I don't mind spending on Camera accessories lol. The reason I pick up photography,mainly because I started to fond in taking pictures. secondly it's because if I spend my money on photography accesories easier to hide from my wife. Haha.. Car accessories once I change she know. I ever change my rims from silver to gold small to bigger size and I told my wife I send for respray, know what? She F me upside down. :bsmilie:

Hi bro/Sis, I am quite confused about decision which path to move. Well presently I only have 50 mm1.8, sigma 18-200 and sigma 150-500 for my 7D. My question now is wheneer I saw someone doing something different from what I'm doing I feel like trying. Hence, should I collect all kind of lens for different purpose. Let's say for instance like potrait, wide angle,fish eye,macro birding and night landscape? Or should I/we concentrate at 1 thing at a time. I'm not rich ,got to save up eat bread everyday to fund for lens. Secondly do you Guys collect different lens for different event/occasion/purpose too?

Aiiiii Yeeeerrr~~~!

Everytime see something new then feel itchy?
Better dun let ur wife come across this tread.... later she may ask "how if u see other guy's sexy gal, teen's xmm, little boy's MILF, uncle's chinese FT, tourists' jap AV, u also feel like trying ah?" :devil:

Aiiiii Yeeeerrr~~~!

Everytime see something new then feel itchy?
Better dun let ur wife come across this tread.... later she may ask "how if u see other guy's sexy gal, teen's xmm, little boy's MILF, uncle's chinese FT, tourists' jap AV, u also feel like trying ah?" :devil:

This is every man fantasy? Don't tell me you never think of having one pretty,sexy,elegant,gentle,sweet,or rich wife? :thumbsup::lovegrin:

I doubt you must be very rich. You don't anyhow buy camera accessories and doesn't own a car, all your money go into bank. $$$$$$$$:lovegrin:

haha, nope, not rich la.. just saving for a rainy day~!

haha... just get what you need lor.. i guess my parents taught me how not to spend unnecessarily.. so i nowadays if i don't NEED it, i will control my urge to buy.. esp if it costs more than a $100 bucks,.

haha, nope, not rich la.. just saving for a rainy day~!

haha... just get what you need lor.. i guess my parents taught me how not to spend unnecessarily.. so i nowadays if i don't NEED it, i will control my urge to buy.. esp if it costs more than a $100 bucks,.

Good practice ...:thumbsup:

i think the most impt direction in this hobby is to shoot more and be learn from the pics u get.

If the pics arent up to standard, (in your case ..birding [which i have no experience with, im into catting]) there are many other factors to consider before putting down hard earned money on super expensive lenses :)

the most important thing is enjoyment from the hobby. of course many ways of achieving that enjoyment