Leica M10 to be Announced?

Feb 4, 2012
New York, USA
Looks like we're in for a treat (whatever it is) on May 10th...

lavidaleica.com/content/leica-event-may-10th-berlin

We have a hot new tip that it will be a black and white sensor, sort of...

lavidaleica.com/content/leica-m10-have-ir-sensor

Im not even sure its a RF...

guys , i heard something last year.

it should be the replacement for x1 and m10

heard there will be new lens coming out too

28mm summilux perhaps? Just a stab at the dark...:confused:

I believe 'tis gonna be an M10 w. a Bohemian crystal glass protctor of the sensor (resistant to the frequent cleaning all the residues from Solms)

Those are all the possible scenarios for the Leia announcement on May 10th:

- New Leica M9-P Hermes edition camera in blue-grey colors (two different sets will be offered).
- Leica X2 (it seems that the Leica X1 is already discontinued).
- New Leica mirrorless system camera.
- Leica M digital camera with a black and white sensor (will probably not be called M10). This camera was initially scheduled for Photokina announcement.
- A "regular" Leica M10 camera update - unlikely for May 10th, but still a possibility.
- Leica S lenses: 30-90mm zoom and/or a new super wide angle 24mm prime.
- A new Summicron-M 50mm ASPH lens - it was supposed to be announced few months ago.

All Leica's new products for 2012 will be divided in two major announcements - one on May 10th and the rest at Photokina in September.

Read more on LeicaRumors.com: What to expect from Leica on May 10th, 2012 | Leica News & Rumors

Been holding off getting an M9, can't wait what this event is going to announce.

Been holding off getting an M9, can't wait what this event is going to announce.

I heard it will just be an announcement of 3 Hermes editions and possibly the X2.

1. Film MP Hermes edition with silver 35mm Summilux ASPH FLE
2. M9P Hermes edition with silver 35mm Summilux ASPH FLE
3. M9P Hermes edition with 3 lens and Hermes bag

No M10 announcement until Photokina.