Ladies' nite: only for those below 35y.o.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well some guys prefer more mature ladies ma. how can they do that??!!

to attract a certain market segment/clientele, use money segregration will b less sensitive since this is an affluent lifestyle activity not a bread n butter issue.

suggestion: give discount to the <35. so those over 35 who feel if it's is too expensive will not patronise. if those over 35 still patronise, it means they HAVE ARRIVED and dont need discount/subsidy and in fact it will mean that they can even sponsor those less affluent under 35. it will even boast the prestige of the club.

maybe, those who r offended by the age ruling can BUY OVER the facilty and then change the ruling (without changing the management of course, as management is supposed to change according to the wisdom of the day)

Well, the nightlife/clubbing industry is all about face values. Very superficial. It's about sex, alcohol and money. As long as you are female and good looking, the bouncer may walk up and invite you to jump queue. That's just the way it is. If it were Gong Li or Nicole Kidman, see whether they get free drink or not.

The clubs need to control who comes in to the premises. If suddenly it becomes a senior citizens club, then it's not very good for the owners. Besides, as mentioned in the press reports, there ARE alternatives for the over-35s to get their free drink. There are still choices.

mmm y leh? mature ladies are more sexy and demure wat, got a air of mystery & desire that u cant find in young girls.... they are much better than the young and punkish girls..

but....... st james a lot of ah pek. like 60yearold 'uncles' also go. so even 40-year-old women still okay right?

mmm y leh? mature ladies are more sexy and demure wat, got a air of mystery & desire that u cant find in young girls.... they are much better than the young and punkish girls..

Like Stiffler's mom in American Pie?

wah liew... why only target at women? then might as well filter more by saying guys earning certain amount then can enter? unfair !! :rolleyes:

wah liew... why only target at women? then might as well filter more by saying guys earning certain amount then can enter? unfair !! :rolleyes:

Actually, anyone of legal age can enter... even aunties. They just have to pay for their own drinks.

If I were a club manager, I would scrap lady's night altogether. No need for the bad press.

I would employ 'talent scouts' to go around the club... and give out membership invitations to all the good looking girls. Then offer lady's night every night only to these 'members'. What's the point of attracting just ladies? As somebody correctly pointed out, unrefined, punkish young girls are no more attractive than well groomed and well maintained mature women. So, the club will be full of good looking women, and not just young ones.

If someone should come up and ask why they have not been given a membership invitation... the club manager can just smile at her. :bsmilie:

I would employ 'talent scouts' to go around the club... and give out membership invitations to all the good looking girls. Then offer lady's night every night only to these 'members'. What's the point of attracting just ladies? As somebody correctly pointed out, unrefined, punkish young girls are no more attractive than well groomed and well maintained mature women. So, the club will be full of good looking women, and not just young ones.

If someone should come up and ask why they have not been given a membership invitation... the club manager can just smile at her. :bsmilie:

You're promoting astheticism... bad piglet!

I cannot understand some the comments that have been made. I do not reckon anyone here owns the entertainment outlet in question. I am sure if you did, then you will be equally fastidious in doing your market segmentation as well as the targeting of the niche market you want to attract.

Some of you speak like you have had the experience of running a nightspot and yet what you spew only reflect otherwise. Yes, this is kopi-tiam but can we at least have some degree of sense and/or logic in place while trying to impress upon the rest the very obvious lack of knowledge that is so obvious?

You're promoting astheticism... bad piglet!

Discrimination is very much part of life. That's why it is important to define what we deem as our fundamental rights.

For example, in Singapore, it is our right to get an education. But that does not mean that we should dish out overseas education to everyone. Only the bright sparks get it. Is this eliticism? Probably. But is there a better way to do it? I don't know.

Actually, the clubs are private property. So, nobody gets the right to go in unless allowed by the management. However, they get bad press if you start throwing paying guests out for no reason.. and they still want to run a business.

But let us assume that it is our right to go into the clubs provided that we pay and not cause trouble. Then they start giving out club memberships to pretty people. Is it aesthecism? Probably. But taken in the same light as scholarships... I don't think it's all that wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.