K20d vs d90

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure or not.. for all you know it might be the canon 5d ii or the mark d iii..

for gearheads, enough is never enough.

What is your definition of a gearhead?

What is your definition of a gearhead?

someone who spends more time deliberating about how new, supposedly better equipment is going to improve his photography when

shooting and understanding is going to help, way more

typical gearhead behaviour includes comparing equipment and imposing his own views on everyone else aloud even when each and every person has their very own needs

someone who spends more time deliberating about how new, supposedly better equipment is going to improve his photography when

shooting and understanding is going to help, way more

typical gearhead behaviour includes comparing equipment and imposing his own views on everyone else aloud even when each and every person has their very own needs

That makes all of us gearheads! :bsmilie:

No one has different needs, we all need Limiteds! :lovegrin:

not really..

i don't have any limiteds.. :angel:

Stop imposing your view on our precious Limiteds . . you . . . you . . you gearhead! :bsmilie:

Face it lah, no one can avoid talking about equiptment, people have a need to be emotionally attached to their equiptment, if everybody was as boring as to treat their cameras as a tool and not even as a toy, forums like this would be dead. Cameras are no longer like in the past, photography has gone the way like computing with PCs. You don't have to be good at photography to use a good camera, just like you don't have to be good with programming to use a powerful computer.

For the TS, keep your K100Ds and wait for the DA31, this is what you will miss with a Nikon.

If I were you, I'd get a couple of good Pentax lenses to go w/ the K100Ds instead of upgrading the camera :)

Well said. :thumbsup:

Spending money on lenses widen up your horizon more than getting a new camera body upgrade.

I walk the talk, so guys! dont tempt me with news of dropping price of k20 body :bsmilie:

for the record i use a k100d.

I think those of us who have made the jump from 6.1 megapixel > 10.2 megapixel > 14.6 megapixel realize the K20D's sensor is simply stunning in terms of resolution, dynamic range, colour fidelity and WB improvements. :cool:

For me going back to a 6.1 megapixel K100D feels like going back 2 generations away from my current K20D. So while a decent lens collection is good, I do think there is a case to be made to step up to a camera with better performance. :bsmilie:

i sooo happy wif my K100DS after 7 mths liao.. i wonder hw much happier will i be wif a K20D... wooooo... :sweat: haha

I know the D90 video quality is not very good (from the samples I've seen), but I'm coming from a travelling cam point of view, no need to bring extra video cam for holidays mah, not mention the charger, batts and accessories that comes with a video cam. I rather bring more lens.

Anyway, it depends on needs lah.

Since D90 video quality not so good, better use moble phone instead, but only compromise on optical zoom. When I travel alone, I bring my DSLR & video cam that fits into one of my lens compartment. If with family, my wife bring digital compact along.

I am a Pentax fan when come to SLR, don't care what others think. A good cook does not necessary needs the best tools isn't is?

Oops! Maybe should be in "Why a Pentax" thread.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think those of us who have made the jump from 6.1 megapixel > 10.2 megapixel > 14.6 megapixel realize the K20D's sensor is simply stunning in terms of resolution, dynamic range, colour fidelity and WB improvements. :cool:

For me going back to a 6.1 megapixel K100D feels like going back 2 generations away from my current K20D. So while a decent lens collection is good, I do think there is a case to be made to step up to a camera with better performance. :bsmilie:

I am the opposite of you, I have a D300 and 17-55 f2.8, but I keep going back to use the K100Ds and DA35.

Now if only Pentax can hurry up and come out with the DA30 (correction to the DA31 I mentioned earlier).

Is there a da30 in the roadmap?

I am the opposite of you, I have a D300 and 17-55 f2.8, but I keep going back to use the K100Ds and DA35.

Now if only Pentax can hurry up and come out with the DA30 (correction to the DA31 I mentioned earlier).

We're not on different sides of the fence as I will probably buy a small camera like the Pentax K-m next year to augment the K20D and it will be something my son can play with. ;) Having used my friend's D300 and D700, I'm not surprised why you like the Pentax, the D300 is pretty much bigger size wise (even compared to the K20D) and there are just so many controls to look into, but then again it isn't really targeted at the beginner.

We already have an excellent FA31/1.8, I don't see why you guys waiting for the DA30 instead ...

Status
Not open for further replies.