K100D and the Sg MotorShow 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup..
All taken without flash..Had i used the flash, the background would be dark.
Feng Wei's shots are brighter probably because he has a fast lens?

Well, I think you could probably have used a slower shutter? Can't view exif easily right now, so hard to say.

I think fengwei was using a 14/2.8... slightly faster, probably, but not that much faster.

Well, I think you could probably have used a slower shutter? Can't view exif easily right now, so hard to say.

I think fengwei was using a 14/2.8... slightly faster, probably, but not that much faster.

Quite bad at setting shutter speed, so I used aperture priority but not shutter priority.
Can't remember what zoom range i used but my lens ranges from f/3.5 to f/6.3, so that's could differ alot from feng wei's 2.8 if I zoomed more.

Quite bad at setting shutter speed, so I used aperture priority but not shutter priority.
Can't remember what zoom range i used but my lens ranges from f/3.5 to f/6.3, so that's could differ alot from feng wei's 2.8 if I zoomed more.

Hmm.

One thing about the K100D is that it does sometimes underexpose. To avoid this, check the histogram of your image with the instant review (or after you take the photo) I would think that this is the problem - rather than lens speed.

However, you could be right. I can't be sure though, because i didn't go to the motor show :p

P.S.: To be clear, I think setting AV is still the better thing to do (rather than selecting shutter speed). Something else i've noticed is that you can use auto ISO in AV mode - try doing that as well? Would give you more latitude in terms of shutter speed, and ISO 200-800 seems basically alright.

Hmm.

One thing about the K100D is that it does sometimes underexpose. To avoid this, check the histogram of your image with the instant review (or after you take the photo) I would think that this is the problem - rather than lens speed.

However, you could be right. I can't be sure though, because i didn't go to the motor show :p

P.S.: To be clear, I think setting AV is still the better thing to do (rather than selecting shutter speed). Something else i've noticed is that you can use auto ISO in AV mode - try doing that as well? Would give you more latitude in terms of shutter speed, and ISO 200-800 seems basically alright.

I was on auto ISO mode and have set the range from 200-800..heh heh
sometimes very tempted to limit it to iso 400 instead...:)

Feng Wei
As always, your shots are razor sharp! The car looks great...I do not know how you did it.
Here are some of mine for comparison. The composition is hopeless (maybe I am not artistic!) and the shots generally look dark.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r265/airconvent/IMGP2629.jpg?t=1164129831

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r265/airconvent/IMGP2628.jpg?t=1164129874

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r265/airconvent/IMGP2578.jpg?t=1164129890

Thanks. The DA14 lens is a great one, very sharp even wide open ;)

Your shots are very nice too, although abit under exposed...

Just wondering what's the price now for k100d and kit lens....from yesterday's newspaper, it was stated as 1300 plus...seems to me, that's not the price it should be.

Just wondering what's the price now for k100d and kit lens....from yesterday's newspaper, it was stated as 1300 plus...seems to me, that's not the price it should be.

About $1100 in some stores I think. You can try Alan Photo, MS Color and Cathay Photo and compare the prices.

There is a brand new set selling at Buy & Sell forum, and the price is really good imo, especially if you don't have any of the items included in that deal yet. You might wanna consider.

Good luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.