K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

Sorry for sidetracking, but can anyone explain what will the implications be to all the DA lens user which is designed for aps-c if one day pextax decided to go FF? It would still be compatible right?

i don't think any camera company wants to dump aps-c.

not until i am in my grave, probably. and i am relatively young, i'd like to think. :bsmilie:

Sorry for sidetracking, but can anyone explain what will the implications be to all the DA lens user which is designed for aps-c if one day pextax decided to go FF? It would still be compatible right?

They would most probably be able to mount on the camera but you wont get the full image circle to cover the sensor of a FF ... means you will get extreme vignetting at the sides (no light reaches there...) . The only DA lens thats compatible would be the DA 40mm f2.8 ltd which pentax says will cover the image circle of a FF

nothing will happen to them. maybe develop a severe bout of CBA.

FF is not for everyone, especially married men. wives dont welcome huge camera body that take up too much luggage space when travelling...:bsmilie:

:confused:
They would most probably be able to mount on the camera but you wont get the full image circle to cover the sensor of a FF ... means you will get extreme vignetting at the sides (no light reaches there...) . The only DA lens thats compatible would be the DA 40mm f2.8 ltd which pentax says will cover the image circle of a FF

Wow this is something new learnt today.

FF is not for everyone, especially married men. wives dont welcome huge camera body that take up too much luggage space when travelling...:bsmilie:

What is CBA? :confused:

I think not only the DA40, but others as well like the DA70, DA*200, DA*300, DA 55-300 and a few others if I'm not mistaken. Check this out. http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/...629-da-lens-full-frame-test-shots-thread.html

Anyway we should talk about this somewhere else. Up for the best entry DSLR in the market, the K-X !

Last edited:

Very agree... also it is too heavy for wives to use... so 99% is a no no thing....:bsmilie:

I kinda missed the thrill when I got first started with K100D like how all the KX user are delighted about.... now K20d user ... a happy user but the thrill never appear to be there.

So until CBA strikes ...., I wonder how it will look like what its featrues are I think is should be somehing that would bring thrill to the user - something creatives, refreshing to be reckon with. -

Anyone agree Pentax / Emjay should be making good use of this award to good use?

Like start an ad campaign or something?

Would surely attract more would be DSLR users to the P camp :thumbsup:

Anyone agree Pentax / Emjay should be making good use of this award to good use?

Like start an ad campaign or something?

Would surely attract more would be DSLR users to the P camp :thumbsup:

*cough*oneyearandwaiting*cough* :sweat::rolleyes:

Pentax has always made exceptional slr cameras. Since the good old days of film to the digital age of photography, the legacy continues with the new K-x.
I hope Pentax will continue to produce quality products that will appeal to the hearts of many snappers via long research, knowing the VOC intimately and innovation.

And yes, forget the $$$$$ incurring ads on bus and trains and TVs...
We Pentaxians are the living ads everyday through outstanding photos takings.

Wah piang eh u guys, got two body now?

I'm still gonna wait on the next new Body that pentax gonna come out. But thats what I like abt Pentax, they will bring out new model after 2yrs, but I think now since Pentax in demand...sure gonna be abit faster.

Congrat PENTAX....BEST KX....

Too bad can't afford to get one...:(