K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

me makes no regrets in choosing KX as my very first DLSR camera through recommendation by friends. & i will be getting in nxt mth end.. looks forward to it

Kx is my first love....(dlsr at least).....

Go pentax go pentax go ....

It seem like more pp is aware of pentax. PP start to give a "oh pentax... ya a famous brand " then a "what's pentax" few month back :)

Must be pentaxian growing .... ha

Last edited:
Sometimes I am just thinking its just so unreal for Pentax to produce such a fantastic camera. Its just too good to be true. I am now looking forward to the next DSLR they will be producing. What will it be? Will there be another hype of Pentax excellent quality vs cost product?

Now I am feeling even better to hold a Pentax K20D althought it is not a K-x. What we are really lacking now is to put Pentax K-x advertisement on buses and MRTs. Then no one will say: "Pentax have DSLR? I didn't know." or "What's Pentax?"

Sometimes I am just thinking its just so unreal for Pentax to produce such a fantastic camera. Its just too good to be true. I am now looking forward to the next DSLR they will be producing. What will it be? Will there be another hype of Pentax excellent quality vs cost product?

Now I am feeling even better to hold a Pentax K20D althought it is not a K-x. What we are really lacking now is to put Pentax K-x advertisement on buses and MRTs. Then no one will say: "Pentax have DSLR? I didn't know." or "What's Pentax?"
I disagree with this. It may further hike the prices. We use Pentax cos it's good, not for regconition.

4380194067_2d10a8a5ec_o.jpg

Pentax earlier fame is indeed in film camera as seen from the many awards they had won over the years. a slow starter to the digital body but now with the k-x kit, Pentax seems to have arrived with many new admirers and users.

Well done, Pentax! :thumbsup:

K-x has overtaken the cult status from the former K1000. Well Done!

I disagree with this. It may further hike the prices. We use Pentax cos it's good, not for regconition.

Faster buy all your lenses now because the prices only keep increasing!

Oh wait.. you already have your fantastic collection.. :bsmilie:

Price hike is good, mate. In that case, you can sell all your pentax gear at a skyhigh price, and then switch to a cheaper system :D

If K-x won award, surely Pentax will make ff camera one day and may win best dslr expert next day.

That will make all Pentaxians proud.

Sorry for sidetracking, but can anyone explain what will the implications be to all the DA lens user which is designed for aps-c if one day pextax decided to go FF? It would still be compatible right?

Price hike is good, mate. In that case, you can sell all your pentax gear at a skyhigh price, and then switch to a cheaper system :D

What cheaper system is there? I used to see a lot of Oly and Sony DSLR kits being lelong on Audio House newspaper ads :bsmilie:

Sorry for sidetracking, but can anyone explain what will the implications be to all the DA lens user which is designed for aps-c if one day pextax decided to go FF? It would still be compatible right?

it for the better if pentax go ff
those overpriced n overrated Da will come down in price and hopefully it will also result in the resurrection of the discont 85mm f1.4, 80-200 f2.8 and the 28-70 f2.8(if there are such lens).

like their very successfully launched 645
if they can priced it as a lowest ff available in the market.... it will be fantastic

Last edited:

Sony, Canon and Nikon all have FF dslr cameras, but they still sold a lot more apsc lenses than FF ones, and the prices for their apsc lenses haven't come down much just because FF cameras came out ...