Just pick up another $$$ hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heheh, that's up to you, how you make your model is a personal choice mah, I'm just highlighting the pros and cons of each.

Painting before assembly has the advantage of easier reaching into tight spots, but the disadvantage of possible glue marks.

By the way, what type of kits do you do?

I see..
But I enjoy painting part by part..then do the assembly..

Heheh, that's up to you, how you make your model is a personal choice mah, I'm just highlighting the pros and cons of each.

Painting before assembly has the advantage of easier reaching into tight spots, but the disadvantage of possible glue marks.

din know u law expert and now modelling expert... :thumbsup:

I remember my first kit receive as a gift..fail miserably..:bsmilie:
Tamiya kits..particularly cars and bikes..:)

Hmm, for cars, from what I've read, the body shell is painted separately from the rest. Hence, your method does appear to be correct for that. I haven't really done cars yet so I don't really know :)

I remember my first kit receive as a gift..fail miserably..:bsmilie:
Tamiya kits..particularly cars and bikes..:)

I'm not a modeling expert, I just started out only and have been doing quite a bit of reading to gain knowledge more quickly.

There are lots of things that one does not know, and the best part is presumption of knowledge.

din know u law expert and now modelling expert... :thumbsup:

eh we cosplay tis...

800px-G-Force_-_group_shot2.jpg

u guys know who denniskee can be liao rite.

Okay..... so dennis got his role... whose going to fill up the rest of the term.... think DCA can do the white one. :bsmilie:

Hahha welcome to the club, I just picked up scale modelling too very recently :)

You're still in your infancy, while I'm a baby :p After construction still got things like priming, painting etc! Lots more tools and stuffs to buy!

#$$$$$$#

wah, that is too much for poor poor me to get into.

can i use black marker to highlight the grooves? cause as it is now, i feel it doesnt stand out.

Hi, for those of you who paints your model, do you guys use airbrush to do it?

I'm thinking of learning airbrush, but that would mean starting a new skill from rock bottom and airbrush equipments are not cheap. Models without painting looks very plasticky.

Last edited:
too clean lah, time to dip into some ketchup or chilli sauce...

that will be coming, after i assemble the Freedom, than i will have Meteor + Freedom vs Deathscythe.

hahaha, talk about over powering ur enemy.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

after that comes GN Arms in TransArm mode vs Meteor:cool::cool:

Last edited:
I remember seeing those mini-compressor type of airbrush kit that comes with entry level brush and some minor accessories going for 200+ to 300+ bucks. Wondering if it is any good... Thinking of buying one to play. I have like the whole series of Gundam Wing models bought long ago but never fixed up... LoL

that will be coming, after i assemble the Freedom, than i will have Meteor + Freedom vs Deathscythe.

hahaha, talk about over powering ur enemy.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

after that comes GN Arms in TransArm mode vs Meteor:cool::cool:

Finally someone can pour Engine oil and grease on the model kit lao. haha ..

He still did come and collect the Patlabor models from me. :bsmilie:

dont want to damage ur babies lar. thanks.

went to utube, they do have Meteor + Justice, but in 1/400 scale.:angry::angry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89QeZMSCE-Y

btw, can pls advice can i use permanent black marker to do the panel linings?

Last edited:
dont want to damage ur babies lar. thanks.

went to utube, they do have Meteor + Justice, but in 1/400 scale.:angry::angry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89QeZMSCE-Y

btw, can pls advice can i use permanent black marker to do the panel linings?

mai giam lah, go buy gundam markers.

Highlighting of grooves (or what is callel panel lines in modeling lingo) is done with marker - that's correct hehe :) At least thats what Iknow pple do for gundams.

Another different way of doing it (which some pple say is better) is to use an oil wash. The pigment will stick into the recessed areas and the excessed wiped off.

The wash method is used for weathering, and is more often used on military models.

Those don't need much tools like airbrush and hte like lah :)hehe. not that expensive.

wah, that is too much for poor poor me to get into.

can i use black marker to highlight the grooves? cause as it is now, i feel it doesnt stand out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.