Just bought my first DSLR - A55!!

Henrywjkoh

Jan 29, 2011
Woodlands New Town, Singapore,
So excited but i'm such a newbie so duno what to do with it now.
Im still charging it waiting for a full charge.

I got the body only+18-250mm+D50mmf1.8+8gb ms+UV filter+screen protector+sony messager bag
Any advise what im still lagging out? I mean the essential items..

Hope to learn from all the old birds here and i think this is a great forum!

wellcome to the alpha family.
just keep on shooting would be the best advise..

also read the manual while you are waiting for the baterry to get fully charged

Yes I will.
One question. Did I make the right choice of upgrading my 18-55mm kit to 18-250mm lens for extra $400 more??
Cos din have much time to think before I decide as shop is closing.

how much did u pay for it? and where at? my bro wants to get one LOL

Congratulations!!!

Welcome to the Alpha club.

Read and read and read the manual. Once battery fully charge start fiddling with it and shot and shot and shot. Aim is to master the machine and learn from others too.

Get a simple photography book to help guide you along and as a quick reference. Recommend the 'Let'a Learn Photography' by M Sulhan from Riceball at Funan(Next to Subway).

Happy learning and shooting great pictures my man!!!!

Brgds. :thumbsup::thumbsup::):)

Ok. I can reveal since there is no special deal involved :p
I paid everything for $1788(auspicious number) haa at CP-PP

no special deal? the person quoted me $1649 for just the A55+18250+ free memory stick 8gb and bag.

woots. u got it at a sweet price. top up about $140 more for the 50mm 1.8 and UV filter and screen protector? that's pretty good

Mariner64 said:
Congratulations!!!

Welcome to the Alpha club.

Read and read and read the manual. Once battery fully charge start fiddling with it and shot and shot and shot. Aim is to master the machine and learn from others too.

Get a simple photography book to help guide you along and as a quick reference. Recommend the 'Let'a Learn Photography' by M Sulhan from Riceball at Funan(Next to Subway).

Happy learning and shooting great pictures my man!!!!

Brgds. :thumbsup::thumbsup::):)

Is there any website that is good to guide me along? Preferably with practical lessons for me to get the hang of it.

So excited but i'm such a newbie so duno what to do with it now.
Im still charging it waiting for a full charge.

I got the body only+18-250mm+D50mmf1.8+8gb ms+UV filter+screen protector+sony messager bag
Any advise what im still lagging out? I mean the essential items..

Hope to learn from all the old birds here and i think this is a great forum!

how does it feel looking thru the EVF huh... just curious...

Yes I will.
One question. Did I make the right choice of upgrading my 18-55mm kit to 18-250mm lens for extra $400 more??
Cos din have much time to think before I decide as shop is closing.

Yup you made a right choice for topping up another 400dollars for the 18250. It provide better reach for outdoors. :cool:

how does it feel looking thru the EVF huh... just curious...

The first time I look through the evf, it look kinda " fake". ;p if compare to the ovf. Hahaha, but I got used to it and the computate details in the evf work wonders!

Thanks for your link. It's useful!
Ohh. Why did u buy and sell it in the first place?

It was an impulsive buy. But enjoyed the short time I spent using it. I am sure you will enjoy using it too.

Welcome to CS :) Im using sigma 28 - 300mm for that extra reach ;)

:) Welcome to the Alpha family :)

The EVF to me is new. I always use the LCD on my canon ixus so not much opinion on it but I think it's cool.

Anyway may I find out how to I choose the AF point on where to focus? Can't figure out till today but the salesperson did demo to me yday.