just a quick 'survey'...(cars)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what you want this car for.

Outright performance - GT-R obviously wins. Problem is that around here, you can probably only unleash 50% of its potential 50% of the time. To unleash anything above 80% on our public roads is frankly suicidal and criminal.... :D

Personally if choosing between the two, I would likely choose the S5. Legendary Audi build quality and interior, nice V8 noise, more nimble size (GT-R is huge - evident by it making 20" wheels look just 'normal') and I can likely use 80% of its potential 50% of the time. I dun drive spiritedly all the time so I think the GT-R would be a waste for me. I will probably be happier on a daily basis in the long term in an S5.

Sidenote: My friend has an S5 and an E92 335i in his garage - after a full week with the S5 and couldn't wait to get back to the 335i....

ok guys.

bought the gtr.delivery in 2 weeks time.

so i'll be the ah lian in a 'ahbeng' car.
but it's ok.

LOL>..i love that clip of jeremy in the gtr:bsmilie:

The one when he sprained his neck?... Can it really do 2G when cornering? Though i have seen it once infront of Raffles Hospital turning right going up the Rochor Flyover. At 4am at night... it is the fastest cornering thing i have ever seen on a public road. It is turning right at abt 80km/h+ & once on the straight it reaches it's 180km/h quickly & disappears up the Rochor Flyover from my view. Amazing sh*t.

The one when he sprained his neck?... Can it really do 2G when cornering? Though i have seen it once infront of Raffles Hospital turning right going up the Rochor Flyover. At 4am at night... it is the fastest cornering thing i have ever seen on a public road. It is turning right at abt 80km/h+ & once on the straight it reaches it's 180km/h quickly & disappears up the Rochor Flyover from my view. Amazing sh*t.

80km/h?
i definitely have seen evos and sti on track cornering faster than that If i am not wrong(about the speed).
4am on streets...looking for road blocks huh!:bsmilie:

ok guys.

but it's ok.

Missy, are you those that have your own number plate, the cars that you bought you just transfers the plate? ;p

Your GT-R what colour? Do you think the colour is important? I think the shade of red for the GT-R not very nice, a tad dark... you getting premium edition or black edition? I wonder locally will have the V-Spec a not? But at 30 units built per mth & costing twice the price of a regular GT-R in Japan, i doubt we will see any on our roads. :dunno: Somehow the car's wheel that Volk Racing specially designed for is not very nice...

So if dun use back the Bridgestone RE070 run flat tyres, what do ppl use?

Brand new how much har? :sweatsm:How is servicing like? Can share with us?

Congrats :thumbsup:

thanks.i know i'll love the car.
next is to find a model and do a shoot together with it.
:bsmilie:

Oh, then your this one got de-restrict the 180km/h speed cap a not?

I know a gtr owner who has no probs with the GB even after 1 year.
dont use LC so often lor.
i dont see why people should use LC unless doing drag race on track.

Ai yo, when there is a Porsche 911 GT3 RS next to them at the traffic lights with it's Techart or Gemballa exhaust blowing away, the GT-R driver 'gan jiong' liao mah... cannot under-estimate the rival... so must prepare launch control... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Missy, are you those that have your own number plate, the cars that you bought you just transfers the plate? ;p

Your GT-R what colour? Do you think the colour is important? I think the shade of red for the GT-R not very nice, a tad dark... you getting premium edition or black edition? I wonder locally will have the V-Spec a not? But at 30 units built per mth & costing twice the price of a regular GT-R in Japan, i doubt we will see any on our roads. :dunno: Somehow the car's wheel that Volk Racing specially designed for is not very nice...

So if dun use back the Bridgestone RE070 run flat tyres, what do ppl use?

Brand new how much har? How is servicing like? Can share with us?

my dear fren,
judging from your questions, it seems like you are testing me more than asking me.:)
nevertheless, i'll try my best to answer you.
my gtr what color?i will keep it confidential cos there are about 200units in singapore.;)
i bought the black edition as i dont see the point of the premium edition and about 10k more.bose sound system, LED lights(though cool but what for?), gtr car mats at about 1.2k per set...blah...

vspec indent basis.you want, they can bring in.cost about 400+k.(btw, the next batch of GTR will be MINIMUM 280kSGD).
and yes, i DONT like the vspec rims.horrible.
the blackedition darkened rims are so much nicer.

as for tyres, i am not sure.but by the time i change tyres, i think there will be stock on shelves for this 20 inch BS.either that, or i may just slap on semi slicks?RE55s maybe?and try it out in sepang.(though semi slicks are definitely street illegal).

brand new how much?
varies.
depending on which //u go to.
ranging from 250k onwards to 270k at the moment.

servicing and such, to me, negligible.
please dont say i show off.but seriously, since i've decided to buy a car like that, FC and servicing cost are REALLY not worth looking at.not to mention other cars in my family stables cost much more for servicing.

if you really want to know, after i go for servicing, i will update this thread on the bill.

any other questions?:)

Ai yo, when there is a Porsche 911 GT3 RS next to them at the traffic lights with it's Techart or Gemballa exhaust blowing away, the GT-R driver 'gan jiong' liao mah... cannot under-estimate the rival... so must prepare launch control... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i believe NO porsche driver would 'dare' to drag with a gtr beside it ON SINGAPORE STREETS.
why?
porsche drivers usually wants 'face'.
if the gtr wins....just imagine the lost of 'face'.:bsmilie::bsmilie:
LOL...ok...porsche owners flame me now.

Oh, then your this one got de-restrict the 180km/h speed cap a not?

i believe mine still has the 180km/h limit cos it's stock.

anyway i dont intend to remove it, cos if going NS highway, i will take other cars instead of the gtr.
unless i decided to take the gtr to sepang to stretch it's legs.but even so,
being female, at the end of the straights turn one, i usually dont dare to go above 200km/h.

ecu reflash will remove the 180km/h limit i heard.
from cobb tuning?or HKS speed delimiter?

You pay so damn much it simply makes it a moronic decision to part with so much money when the alternatives such as public transport are so brilliant. But hey, if people want to send themselves broke all for a bit of 'face' in front of hotel bellboys then that's up to them :)

Mate, you are flaming a lot of people being morons. I always shake my head in disbelief when I see people like you having such thoughts. You need to open up a little.

There are of course those who want to flaunt their money in shiny metals but for everyone of those, there are equivalents who are simply passionate about cars & the brands. Many of my friends including me lay low profile with their supercars. Some of them even keep them in the living room! We study the specs, read the history as if we sit for exams, visit the factories & talk to the builders, get sleepless nights thinking what colour we want but most important is the drive, we learn our limits (cos these machines are always beyond us) and we do charity rides. We also encourage sensible drives & frown on drag racing in public.

It's a dream for many to own cars & machines just like how you want a beautiful house. We just have different priorities & you don't go about calling people names.

If you are so concerned about sticking to the law & speedlimits, by all means practise it. Just stick to the centre lane & don't hog. ;)

Sorry for the Off topic.

ok guys.

but it's ok.

Jeanie, congrats!

As for the Ah-lian/beng thingy, don't even bother. It's the driver, not the car.

To quote a line from a movie:
Q: What's the difference between a Merc and a Porcupine?
A: The Merc has the pricks inside.

Enjoy that cool ride! :)

ok guys.

but it's ok.

Congrats, Jeanie. 2 weeks is fast, guess the car is already here? There are quite a few exhaust systems available to thrill your senses. Make sure you get the Jap = English translation done & the dealer should throw in the free de-limiter.

Can it really do 2G when cornering? Though i have seen it once infront of Raffles Hospital turning right going up the Rochor Flyover. At 4am at night... it is the fastest cornering thing i have ever seen on a public road. It is turning right at abt 80km/h+ & once on the straight it reaches it's 180km/h quickly & disappears up the Rochor Flyover from my view. Amazing sh*t.

Bro, that thing can easily do 120 @ that right hook & more with a more familiar owner. 4am is quite safe as it's about time they knocked off but I won't vouch for it :bsmilie:

Power Jeanie!

ok guys.

but it's ok.

Congrats on the purchase....

Remember to get the obligatory accessory - an Ah Beng in the passenger seat.... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.