Japan Year-End [Hokkaido - Kanto] 20 days trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
To apply for leave, 14 days will be easier to apply as compared to 20 days. Moreover, the cost will be greatly reduced. But who knows when you go there, you will spend spend spend and buy buy buy.

hehe...i wont buy buy buy (backpack gets heavier), i will EAT EAT EAT....:bsmilie:

The trip has been modified to 14 days, covering Hokkaido and Kanto region omitting Kansai region

to all interested parties, i would arrange for a meetup after my upcoming trip to Korea (12th July to 17th July) to discuss the finer issues of the trip, afterwhich, i would be arranging for accomodations and air tickets somewhere around sept or oct

please confirm with me again for those interested to go for the trip by posting in this thread, preferred group size would be 4

I am still interested, only be able to go after 5 Jan 2008...14 days or 21 days oso oki.

i can only go between nov and dec

the trip would most likely be around the end of dec ember or early jan

i will PM those interested with an attached itinerary with in depth information on the trip

interested for month of december.

lol sounds interesting. care to tell me more? =x

Hokkaido – Dec/Jan 2007/2008 Winter 15D 14N Trip [Confirmed]

Trip Outline:

Hokkaido –

Hakodate, known throughout Japan for having one of the world’s best night view atop Mt. Hakodate along with the picturesque neighborhoods of steep slopes with lines of Zelkova trees in the Motomachi District

Sapporo, the capital of Hokkaido and the 5th largest city in Japan, this is also where most of the population of Hokkaido gathers, we will be covering locations such as Susukino, Sapporo’s entertainment district, Mt. Moiwa which offers a spectacular view of Sapporo city, Nijo fresh food market, Historic Village of Hokkaido and the Shiroi Koibito Park operated by Ishiya, the manufacturer of Shiroi Koibito cookies which certainly makes for an excellent gift for your friends and families

Otaru, ½ hour northwest of Sapporo by train, this might have been one of the main highlights with attractions such as the Otaru Canals, a romantic and mesmerizing canal lined with incandescent gas lamps along with rows of old warehouses, Otaru also has excellent works of arts such as their revered glassware and beautiful music boxes

Furano & Biei are located in central Hokkaido, known for their picturesque rural landscape and dry powder snow in winter, this will also be the location for a hot-air balloon trip, everyone should have this experience at least once in their lifetime at over 1000m you'll often see the natural phenomenon known as diamond dust, which makes it appear as though thousands of diamonds are flying around you. On a clear day the views stretch over the fields and over many of the snow covered peaks.

Wakkanai located far to thenorth of Hokkaido, it’s the northernmost city and also known as the “Wind City”. 10 minutes away by bus is the location of Wakkanai lighthouse, an excellent spot for view sunsets well below the horizons

Kanto-

Tokyo, the Tokyo is also one of Japan's 47 prefectures, but is called a metropolis (to) rather than a prefecture (ken). The metropolis of Tokyo consists of 23 city wards (ku), 26 cities, 5 towns and 8 villages, including the Izu and Ogasawara Islands, several small Pacific Islands in the south of Japan's main island Honshu.The 23 city wards (ku) are the center of Tokyo and make up about one third of the metropolis' area, while housing roughly eight of Tokyo's approximately twelve million residents.Prior to 1868, Tokyo was known as Edo. A small castle town in the 16th century, Edo became Japan's political center in 1603 when Tokugawa Ieyasu established his feudal government there. A few decades later, Edo had grown into one of the world's most populous cities. This includes heart of Tokyo Shinjuku, fashionable Shibuya, the hip and trendy Harajuku, Omotesando, the man-made island Odaiba, the city in a city Roppongi, the up-market Ginza, futuristic Tokyo Dome City and the electric town Akihabara. We’ll also be making visits to several shrines and other places of interests such as Meiji-jingu shrine, Sensoji temple, Yasukuni shrine, Tsukiji fish market and a trip to the top of the 333m tall Tokyo Tower

Fuji Go-Ko, the Fuji Five Lake region is located at the foot of Mt Fuji at an altitude of roughly 1000 meters above sea level in mountainous Yamanashi Prefecture. It is one of the best places to view Mount Fuji from a close distance, Onsen visits would be one of the highlights of this area

Yokohama, with a population of over three million people, Yokohama is Japan's second largest city. It is located less than 30 minutes south of Tokyo by train, and is the capital city of Kanagawa Prefecture. Sights includes Minato Mirai 21 Yokohama’s futuristic town centre, Yokohama Chinatown, the world’s largest Chinatown to date, Akarenga’s red brick warehouses and Waterfront Promenade which offers an excellent view of Minato Mirai 21.

Kamakura is a very popular tourist destination. Sometimes called the Kyoto of Eastern Japan, Kamakura offers numerous temples, shrines and other historical monuments. Places of interest includes the ageless Great Buddha statue, the highly important Tsurugaoka Hachimangu shrine and the Hase temple which is famous for its wooden Kannon statue.

Breakdown on the admission/transport rates of some of the main attractions:
Tokyo Tower: 1420Yen
Mt.Hakodate Ropeway: 1160Yen
Mt.Moiwa Ropeway: 1200Yen
Furano Hot-Air Balloon Flight by ASOBIYA [20mins]: 11550Yen
Fuji Go-Ko: 2560Yen 2-Way by Local Train

Please send all queries/messages to my e-mail as my PM box is full

for those who had expressed interest in the trip prior to this post, please re-send them to my e-mail as i'm having a hard time sorting out my PMs

thankyou for your kind co-operation

e-mail address: aktb12@gmail.com

recommended budget is at this point of time: $2900 incl. of airfare/food/accom/transport/general expenses for attractions

minimum budget is at: $2450 if you're extremely spend-thrift

:)

aiyo...will be nice if in Nov-Dec...anyone keen to form another one during that time??

note: if any of you can give me confirmation for the trip right away, please let me know... departure date will most likely be on jan 5th to accomodate lotusfairy :)

note: if any of you can give me confirmation for the trip right away, please let me know... departure date will most likely be on jan 5th to accomodate lotusfairy :)

wahh...love u deep deep..

Pm sent. Please check. Thanks.

upz, i still have 1 slots open to whomever is interested and can give me confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.