IT show GREAT DEALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
wan some advice...

got a laptop liao.. but no wireless device..

IF i wan the device to log online at Mac, wat should i buy ??

USB wireless adapter or the PCI card...

k3nn3th03 said:
wan some advice...

personally i would go for a USB adaptor. easier to use, install and smaller profile.

mine is a belkin USB adaptor. :)

k3nn3th03 said:
wan some advice...

I think it is PCMCIA card. PCI card is for desktop. Think you should go for PCMCIA card type of wifi.

Cheers
John

John Teoh said:
I think it is PCMCIA card. PCI card is for desktop. Think you should go for PCMCIA card type of wifi.

Cheers
John

either PCMCIA or USB... den note which to buy also, think most common now is buy B/G...

anyway a wireless diot here, whats the MIMO for anyway?

ortega said:
i bought a 2GB Transcend CF Card 80X - $113
2G for S$113? Thats bloody cheap. Wonder y they r selling the 2G card for the price of a 1G card?
:think:

nightwolf75 said:
personally i would go for a USB adaptor. easier to use, install and smaller profile.

mine is a belkin USB adaptor. :)

Get THIS , it's available at the IT Show for S$99.00. Comes with a built-in WIFI scanner, this is different from the rest of those scanner as it has a display to show you the details. I've got one yesterday.

r718iw.jpg

Product detail can be found HERE.

acidbyte said:
Get THIS , it's available at the IT Show for S$99.00. Comes with a built-in WIFI scanner, this is different from the rest of those scanner as it has a display to show you the details. I've got one yesterday.

i got lost somewhere... i thought winxp already have a scanner that can show all those SSIDs already.. (those that aren't hidden...)

u meant this 1 got a LCD screen to show that?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i got lost somewhere... i thought winxp already have a scanner that can show all those SSIDs already.. (those that aren't hidden...)

u meant this 1 got a LCD screen to show that?

Yeap, from the device you can scan the surrounding for network for broadcasting SSIDs. Don't even need to power up your laptop to scan. Faster and more convenient. Charged using USB.

Downgrade to 10.4 wireless manually can settle the issue

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
but mac cannot use mac... still not settled... ;p

John Teoh said:

Cheers
John

but the PCMCIA card can only work with laptop...

might jus get a USB.. so can use on laptop and desktop..

thanks all for advice..

acidbyte said:

r718iw.jpg

Product detail can be found HERE.

will go check it out...

where exactly is the booth ?? 4th or 6 th floor ??

so only these 2 that are GOOD, CHEAP, etc...

nightwolf75 = Belkin USB Adapter
acidbyte = Linksys wireless-g with wi-fi finder

Anymore else ??

AirStation Turbo G High Power Wireless Smart Router WHR-HP-G54
http://www.buffalotech.com/products/product-detail.php?productid=115&categoryid=29

+

Wireless card
http://www.buffalotech.com/products/product-detail.php?productid=110&categoryid=29

+

a 4dBi Booster High Gain Antenna
http://www.buffalotech.com/products/product-detail.php?productid=121&categoryid=8

for SGD$18x (forgot exact...) just got it yesterday, very good wireless connection:p

Sorry for barging in here,is there any good Dry cabinet deals at the IT show?

Swatch said:
Sorry for barging in here,is there any good Dry cabinet deals at the IT show?

Got one booth selling Digi-cabi brand. A colleague of mine bought a DB-036 30L one (digital) for $88.

Gizmo said:
Got one booth selling Digi-cabi brand. A colleague of mine bought a 36L one (digital) for $88.
So cheap!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.