Is IR a dead thing already?

What is IR photography to you?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm wait and maybe someday all camera will come with music so that you can enjoy it even more. :bsmilie:
and hopefully one day a mechanical watch movement will be introduce in it. ;p

career of course important lah!!

dont forget...my other bigger hobby is music...which gets even more priority than my photography hor :bsmilie:

well....one things for sure.....all the friends we have made here in the IR group. that's irreplaceable :)

Teerex your PP is getting better and you must have got all the settings correct for your cam liow. :thumbsup:

What makes you think that IR is a fad to the hardcores here? The last outing was organised about 3 weeks back by Francis. Taking in mind the recent bad haze over the island, some of us has temporary moved to another genre of photography. Wait till the haze clears and the sun is out, you will see the action here.

If you have really gone thru the older threads, you should have seen or realise that we orgainise outings on an average of 1 every fortnight.

Some may have come and gone, but to the hardcores here IR is our love and passion. But on the other hand, IR shooters does not neccessarily have to shoot IR only. There are a few good IR shooters who are also very good travel photographers. An example is Hosea, look at his IR pics and travel pics. They'll marvel you.

Many of us have a dedicated converted IR camera and also a normal camera for the usual color photography. There are also some hardcores who do not have a converted IR camera but are very dedicated to this form of photography.

I may not be good at IR or any other genre form of photography, but I still like IR. For your information, when i woke up this morning and saw some sunlight shining through the clouds
I packed my camera bag and went out to shoot IR on my own.

Here are a couple of pics from my shoot today. More to post in the appropriate forum to share after I pp them.

DSC_8850-2720.jpg

DSC_8848-1720.jpg

Teerex your PP is getting better and you must have got all the settings correct for your cam liow. :thumbsup:

Thanks Dennis. I have more or less tamed the mod cam liao.

Let's not OT too much in Goodoo's thread. I posted the pics just to show Goondoo that hardcores are still around and ready to shoot anytime the weather clears, even for a few hours.

Hi Teerex,

Apologies for not been able to organise any outing recently as I was a bit busy and also down with a bad flu. This coming Sunday is a bit tight for most of us I believe. I will try to get an outing out maybe in 1 to 2 weeks time if the weather permits.

Hi Teerex,

Apologies for not been able to organise any outing recently as I was a bit busy and also down with a bad flu. This coming Sunday is a bit tight for most of us I believe. I will try to get an outing out maybe in 1 to 2 weeks time if the weather permits.

:sweat: :dunno: :sweat: :dunno: :bsmilie:

Goondoo,

are you the goondoo i know from long time back?

IR not dead yet, havn't gotten to convert my camera yet. Need to borrow equipment from deadpixel if I can contact him

To the rest,
do you know where I can get glass sheet 2.8mm-3mm, or those scientific optic glass in singapore. Anyone have a T3 star screwdriver I can borrow, been looking all over town for it.

Even IR is dead, or unpopular.....nothing beats the company of this group. come along and experience for yourself. U will learn n benefit in one way or the other.

so make the 1st move! see u soon!

Goondoo,

IR not dead yet, havn't gotten to convert my camera yet. Need to borrow equipment from deadpixel if I can contact him

To the rest,
do you know where I can get glass sheet 2.8mm-3mm, or those scientific optic glass in singapore. Anyone have a T3 star screwdriver I can borrow, been looking all over town for it.

Hoya's UV filter is about 2.5mm thick... If you 're modding a Canon camera, just remove the washers will correct the difference...thats what I did...

Here's my 2 cents. IR is not dead, in fact far from it. Sure there are people that come and go but there are also the diehards and the occasional shooters. Even though I don't have much time to join the IR outings but that doesn't mean I stop shooting IR. I do shoot IR whwnevr I get the chance, especially on a bright sunny day. The sad part is that my cam is not ideal for IR shoot but I am still trying to figure it out and still playing around with it. Most important of all is that the IR group are a great bunch of people. i enjoy myself going out with them. Nobody compares what brand of camera gear you have. It all dissolves into one main purpose i.e. IR. They are helpful and easy to get along with.

Cheers to you guys:cheers:

Hoya's UV filter is about 2.5mm thick... If you 're modding a Canon camera, just remove the washers will correct the difference...thats what I did...

am looking for thickness with +/- 0.2mm to 0.3mm difference only, as it will affect the focusing for the camera. will attempt to remove the IR pass glass and replace with clear glass, so i can do UV/IR +astro photography. good idea, will give a look if the shops are selling any clear glass "filters"

Guess my time to chip in....

this group was realized almost 2 years back. I can still say that the people who was there back then is still here actively. The fact is this group have gone bigger and bigger with each outing.

We started of with 4-5 pple whenever there is an outing back then. But now, there is at least 10 of us for each outing.

We are people who loves IR and is unselfishly sharing this technique that we pick up thru this forums. Yes, there are people whom we only met once and never saw them again...but there are also a fair lots that once join, cannot stop.

What I like about here is......no matter what cam, what equipment, what accessories that you have, WE DUN CARE. Sharing Technique and ideas is what we really matter most.

Goondoo, Have you join us yet? if not, do keep a lookout and you will understand what we are talking about. ;)

Wah big day coming still have time to chip in. :sweat:
You are absolutely correct, who cares, now somemore have lomo one leh. :bsmilie:

Guess my time to chip in....

this group was realized almost 2 years back. I can still say that the people who was there back then is still here actively. The fact is this group have gone bigger and bigger with each outing.

We started of with 4-5 pple whenever there is an outing back then. But now, there is at least 10 of us for each outing.

We are people who loves IR and is unselfishly sharing this technique that we pick up thru this forums. Yes, there are people whom we only met once and never saw them again...but there are also a fair lots that once join, cannot stop.

What I like about here is......no matter what cam, what equipment, what accessories that you have, WE DUN CARE. Sharing Technique and ideas is what we really matter most.

Goondoo, Have you join us yet? if not, do keep a lookout and you will understand what we are talking about. ;)

Going through the older threads, its seems like alot of IR shooters had more or less left for other photography methods or even disappeared from CS....

Its a pity I haven't got much chance to learn IR from most of the predecessors :(
I recently bought another D70 waiting to be converted to D70ir. I think I like IR more than anything else, and macro photography next on the list.

But how many active or regular IR shooters are we still left?

I am someone who hardly post my IR pics. :bsmilie:

Here's Angkor Wat in IR for you:

angkorwat-01.jpg

The rest of the series are here - http://www.alvinteo.com/cms/nirvana.php It's a collection of pics from Ayutthaya and Siem Reap. There are a couple of IR images in here.

Hi Teerex,

Yo Francis, no problems. We'll get back to our usual outing routines when the haze clears and the sun and clouds come back.

Thanks for your contributions in organising the outings. Keep them up, we all appreciate your part here.

Goondoo,

To the rest,

Aiyaaah... you don't need a T3, I've called up about a dozen different shops and they all tell me that the T3s need to be specially ordered. I've got a T4 that will work just fine...it's a little tight, but have been using that on all the G3 and G5 that I mod. Will pass it to you some time in the middle of next week if we can meet up in town. ;)

Cheers,
Matt

Aiyaaah... you don't need a T3, I've called up about a dozen different shops and they all tell me that the T3s need to be specially ordered. I've got a T4 that will work just fine...it's a little tight, but have been using that on all the G3 and G5 that I mod. Will pass it to you some time in the middle of next week if we can meet up in town. ;)

Cheers,
Matt
AllTools in lavender sells a set of bits for quite cheap.
I try to check out the receipt on monday for u guys ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.