iPhone IOS 4.

I think this is inevitable, as more and more will think that it's a design issue, not a software issue.

Software issue can still be solve like update the OS4

Design issue will be a gone case for APPLE. They better recall iphone4 and replace for those who had brought it.

Software issue can still be solve like update the OS4

Design issue will be a gone case for APPLE. They better recall iphone4 and replace for those who had brought it.

I don't think they will recall and replace. They've already started producing this new model many months back. Just imagine how many units they have produced so far. There will be a huge cost factor involved.

For sure I'm not going to pay so much for a unit with design issue like this. :nono:

Anyway, my 3Gs works pretty well with iOS4, so it's as good as a 4Gs! :D

Last edited:
I'm aware it's not an universal problem.

I think the "problem" has become a lot larger than it actually is on a worldwide basis because of Apple's silly exclusive agreement with AT&T, whose network is widely acknowledged as "sadly lacking" in many aspects. I was a victim of that for about 2 weeks. Poor connections, dropped calls, no signals, etc. And I wasn't even on an iPhone.

Of the four iP4s I've sampled, two of which are mine, the other two also did not have problems. Those other two were from an earlier production run. Ok, the sample is very small but that's 100% pass rate.

I suppose we'll see if the above remains true after the local launch and the iP4 is in widespread use.

It is a problem.

Consumer Reports confirms iPhone 4 antenna problems -- and so do we

Though, it is likely there are some chemistries and environmental conditions that can explain why not everyone is experiencing the same problem. It could also be some earlier or some batches of iPhone 4 are having such problem. We don't really know, since Apple is not very transparent into explaining on what exactly went wrong.

However, from what I have read, using a handphone housing/casing/bumper would solve the problem.

For sure I'm not going to pay so much for a unit with design issue like this. :nono:

It's not a bad thing if it results in cheap iPhones ;p

maybe they should just slash the price....

I think this is inevitable, as more and more will think that it's a design issue, not a software issue.

It's probably a little of both and likely a manufacturing problem, also, similar to when the first Intel-based MacBook/MacBook Pro machines were overheating due to incorrect assembly procedures.

It's always typical that the loudest people are going to complain, even if their phone is fine, because they want something for free and the U.S. legal system has a sleazebag lawyer for every minor problem when a company is doing well.

They should have tested more with actual production phones.

It's probably a little of both and likely a manufacturing problem, also, similar to when the first Intel-based MacBook/MacBook Pro machines were overheating due to incorrect assembly procedures.

It's always typical that the loudest people are going to complain, even if their phone is fine, because they want something for free and the U.S. legal system has a sleazebag lawyer for every minor problem when a company is doing well.

Let's see how this develops. If the result is having cheaper (much cheaper) iPhones, then I'll buy one and try it out. However, this possibility is quite impossible IMO.

There are rumours saying a new "white" version iPhone4 is about to launch. I suspect, it should resolve some design problem of the initial iPhone4.

Let's see how this develops. If the result is having cheaper (much cheaper) iPhones, then I'll buy one and try it out. However, this possibility is quite impossible IMO.

Apple will not drop the price. Eventually, they'll have a few models available, the way they did with the iPod line but they're still figuring out what to do and how to make things less expensively.

I suspect that they'll exchange a few hundred (or thousand) phones. I doubt the problem is bigger than that but the whole mess during the demonstration tells me that they're rushing and probably don't have the right people working for them. They posted jobs for engineers knowledgeable about antennae just after the news about the problem. :bsmilie:

iOS 4.0.1 is out!