Imagine L’Eau d’Issey Photography Competition Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
haven shoot yet.................. :(

tomolo then shoot. Dont know can include model or not? :)

copperbird said:
haven shoot yet.................. :(

tomolo then shoot. Dont know can include model or not? :)

there is no restriction on using model. live or mannequin?

reachme2003 said:
there is no restriction on using model. live or mannequin?

Live model, beautiful ladies................

can or cannot??? :confused:

2 questions:

1. Any restriction on the crop ratio e.g 2:3 (portrait)?
2. Do you interpolate or just give the best possible quality out of your camera?

copperbird said:
Live model, beautiful ladies................

can or cannot??? :confused:

If you're thinking of French girls, be sure to get model releases as the entry would probably be used as a ad.

And also choose carefully about the props, use generic rather than specific branded products. Again have property releases if you're not sure.

xmen2003 said:
2 questions:

2. Do you interpolate or just give the best possible quality out of your camera?

regarding question 2. i intend to give them the best possible quality(Tiff 3008 x 2000 pixels) from my camera.

xmen2003 said:
2 questions:

if i m not mistaken, A2 size is closer to 4:3. my E1 is at an advantage this time. :vhappy:

i interpolated the image to 7600x5700 at 450dpi, if not, cannot make it to the required size. :)

1 is almost done & 2nd one on the way...

Can Darren or the person in charge pls confrim if the crop ratio is a factor? It does matter how we compose the subject if we need to adhere to certain fixed ratio.

i reckon it wud be a factor to consider, looking at A2 print size & ratio, i do believe some cropping/pixels being thrown out is certain for 3:2 ratio.

nightpiper said:
i reckon it wud be a factor to consider, looking at A2 print size & ratio, i do believe some cropping/pixels being thrown out is certain for 3:2 ratio.

Not necessary true. They can add border instead of cropping out the extra pixels.

true but the border around it will not be even. maybe thicker borders on the sides due to different aspect ration of A2 & 3:2? yet to see if different border thickness makes the pic more appealing.

i would not be too bothered with all these about ratios, borders, etc. they should be of no concern to us if they are not in the r & rs.

the less r & rs, the less constraint, the merrier.

one technical question. should i shoot in raw, then do minor processing and save in Tiff format for submission? or shoot in Tiff directly. my objective is to achieve the highest possible resolution or pixels.

reachme2003 said:
one technical question. should i shoot in raw, then do minor processing and save in Tiff format for submission? or shoot in Tiff directly. my objective is to achieve the highest possible resolution or pixels.

Shoot in RAW, process (sharpen/contrast/hue/etc) in NC4, save to TIFF 16bit, and do remaining processing in PS CS.

xiao liao!!!!

haven shoot......................veri bz..............

i think i will be the last to submitt............ :cry:

AJ23 said:
Shoot in RAW, process (sharpen/contrast/hue/etc) in NC4, save to TIFF 16bit, and do remaining processing in PS CS.

thanks, AJ.

copperbird, still in time to submit. no problem. by 6pm, 4 March.

copperbird said:
xiao liao!!!!

haven shoot......................veri bz..............

i think i will be the last to submitt............ :cry:

u r not the only 1. i don't have a single pixel up yet :cry:

probably a goner ... :sweat:

dont fret, dont fret.

Status
Not open for further replies.