If You Were Born In The 80's In Singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any body remember buying stamps worth 10 cents and paste them on a POSB card like "Shop and save" did and when the card is full , submit it to your teacher and see your POSB account go up by 2 bucks.....yipeeee!!!!

But of course, the big timers and rich man's son always buy 20 stamps at one go.....always hated them:sweatsm:

Did I just bring this subject back another 5 years??

Wisma last time is a very famous place along Orchard before Taka and now Orchard Ion. :bsmilie:

aiya, wisma makes me feel so old, I was the Gallery Lafayet time:bsmilie:

wah paper bullets.... I remember got caning once cause my bullet hit the teacher :(
Remember making paper crackers?
You fold the paper in such a way that when you swing it hard downwards,
there's a really loud resounding Piak!
We used to see who could make the best paper crackers.

You obviously haven't play rockets before. How to play.....tied a bunch of matchsticks together and put them in a straw or a roll of paper. Light up the matchsticks from the other each. You can see the bunch of matchsticks fly out. :bsmilie:

Any body remember buying stamps worth 10 cents and paste them on a POSB card like "Shop and save" did and when the card is full , submit it to your teacher and see your POSB account go up by 2 bucks.....yipeeee!!!!

But of course, the big timers and rich man's son always buy 20 stamps at one go.....always hated them:sweatsm:

Did I just bring this subject back another 5 years??

I remember buying stickers from 'Panini' to fill up sticker books. Then if you can complete one image, can go exchange for a prize :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

You obviously haven't play rockets before. How to play.....tied a bunch of matchsticks together and put them in a straw or a roll of paper. Light up the matchsticks from the other each. You can see the bunch of matchsticks fly out. :bsmilie:

We also use clothes pegs to make those wooden guns. Then use rubber bands tie here, tie there, later can fire off match sticks. Forgot how it's done liao :sweat:

sadly no I didn't play rockets.
I remembered burning down a small sapling in school though cause I brought along some aerosol spray and wanted to put out a match that my friend struck.
That was the first time I learnt that aerosol sprays are flammable.
:/

sadly no I didn't play rockets.
I remembered burning down a small sapling in school though cause I brought along some aerosol spray and wanted to put out a match that my friend struck.
That was the first time I learnt that aerosol sprays are flammable.
:/

I got another one, which me and friends call them "Traps", joining two stapler bullets together by twisting them together. We normally put them on the seats of the fellow classmates.....guess what will happen. :devil:

This is not the first time I've seen the list, and it always brings a smile to my face.

I remember the caning sessions. Back then they used more than just the cane too!

I got another one, which me and friends call them "Traps", joining two stapler bullets together by twisting them together. We normally put them on the seats of the fellow classmates.....guess what will happen. :devil:

Omg yes!!!
that was somewhat painfully fun :D
I remember seeing the boys putting it in people's shoes too

HAHAHA Those were the glory days!!!

I remembered watching Visionaries. :lovegrin:

I remembered the wooden chairs with small holes on the seats.

Last edited:

Heh ... I can still recall how I used to sneak up and poke my 'freshly' sharpened pencils through the holes and up their a$$! :bsmilie:

Yeah ... yeah ... that one too. We used to memorise all those incantations and we even came up with our own! :cool:

Hahahhaa!!! Let me recall some.

Oh! Having a 'Game & Watch' : Donkeykong, Popeye, Octopus or Western Bar is consider super cool. Still can remember my Donkeykong get confiscated by my form teacher.

BM2000 shoe is a must to buy. Using a 'Pan Am' bag to school already consider down-to-earth.

Having a BMX bike is already a luxurious. Still remember when I try to become like E.T. try to fly with my BMX and in the end get 7 stiches under my chin.

Best spot for organising class gathering at East Coast Park.

And the all time favourite during school holidays is to catch spider, play marbles, hide-n-seek, fly kites and best of the best during December holidays and if rainy season play soccer in the rain.

Waa!! not to forget our Local soccer team during that time and also champion in Malaysia Cup. That was the time when I started to knew player like Fandi Ahmad, David Lee, Salim Moin, Edmund Wee, Dollah Kassim (was still around), Robert Sim and a lot more.

Anyone still remember there is a "pin min ku" in Geylang Serai beside a Chinese temple? Currently, the houses were torn down and convered into a carpark. I remember my parents used to bring me there to see when praying a the temple. They told me they were poor and lived in the area during their young days, fall in love and married. I was constantly reminded how fortunate we are now.

I missed the roaming the area where houses built using wooden planks and nails. :)

i miss being able to press things when boarding the bus... LOL

oh man, a while back we didn't have permanent internet connection

just dialup, and have to listen to the dialing tone ftw..

Wisma last time is a very famous place along Orchard before Taka and now Orchard Ion. :bsmilie:

Wisma already built meh! I thought the hot place to hang-out like Plaza Singapura ( used to have Yaohan ), Far East Plaza, Lido, Peninsula and also Queensway Shopping Centre( where I went there for arcade games ).

Wisma already built meh! I thought the hot place to hang-out like Plaza Singapura ( used to have Yaohan ), Far East Plaza, Lido, Peninsula and also Queensway Shopping Centre( where I went there for arcade games ).

Don't forget the notorious Marina Kids and Centrepoint kids :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.