I think im getting bad to worst...

Status
Not open for further replies.
same thing here, flowerpot. But then again, I don't think you've gotten bad.. last few flower macro shots were pretty excellent in my eyes..

Maybe, just adopt your travel photography where you end up using only 1 lens (10-20) almost all the time!

If money/time/work permits, and instead of investing on any new lens, why not just go travel? New / fresher subjects does help...

Btw, Punggol this weekend? Since the meet a 17th Jan which most likely I can't attend :( ...

Btw, Punggol this weekend? Since the meet a 17th Jan which most likely I can't attend :( ...

You will be able to capture lots of stuffs there with your Voigtlander 125mm.;)

just like working! you work for 1 whole damn year w/o off or leave. never ending work and your boss is..
hmm sound like me....

the whole point, just chill man.. all the very gd:thumbsup: advise had been given :)

Hey flowerpot...there's such a thing as "good" and "bad" days.
The camera's algorithm and optical parts do not change for no reason, so I guess you were simply at places where the conditions are very challenging.

Take a break, have a "Pao" , drink some tea....then get back to snapping! :bsmilie:

Sounds just like me.

It's like everything I take sucks.

I even went out to buy a new lens, and guess what... It still suck, but the images are sharper.

Don't give up. Everybody goes through it at some point.

Thanks to all for the encouragement... a break is good i guess, but some many outing coming up how to break...:bsmilie: maybe i just shoot with not string attached...

Punggol OK... time how ? u wanna catch sunset, go to the beach oni or u wanna track the area... i dunno how is the construction affection the place, the beach i been there twice, weather not so good both times :(

If we go early we might end up wandering endlessly... i oni noe the beach, the rest of the area i not familiar...

Punggol? Ask desmond. His territory. Bring voigtlander 125...ha ha..... Macro will lift u up.

otc

Seems like im getting not so good images from my K20D nowadays :(... i dunno why, the first few months of using it, i got fantastics pics... no need to think, anyhow shoot also can...

take a break

i always do that. something like 1 month, no photography (at least not recreational, for me, all photography is recreational but not everyone has that luxury)..

then come back to it again. :) in the meantime, you can still look at pictures, clear your mind. :)

i actually enjoy watching others shoot. :)

Main objective is landscape with a little macro will be fantastic... Sunrise or Sunset at Punggol har?

Thanks to all for the encouragement... a break is good i guess, but some many outing coming up how to break...:bsmilie: maybe i just shoot with not string attached...

Punggol OK... time how ? u wanna catch sunset, go to the beach oni or u wanna track the area... i dunno how is the construction affection the place, the beach i been there twice, weather not so good both times :(

If we go early we might end up wandering endlessly... i oni noe the beach, the rest of the area i not familiar...

Went there about 2 weeks ago, no construction going on at that part.

Flowerpot, don't worry, relax and enjoy photography.

I also get depressed when I look at other peoples photos - they are sharp, well composed, proper exposure. I look at them as an inspiration and a possibility.

Don't set too high a standard for yourself. Give yourself a break. How do you know that those photographers did not go thru the same way you do? When you feel down, do something else, give yourself a camera holiday. Forget about photography and ClubSnap. Then when you start to miss photography, then start again. You will feel recharged!!

Just shoot and enjoy photography. Happy New Year!

Seems like im getting not so good images from my K20D nowadays :(... i dunno why, the first few months of using it, i got fantastics pics... no need to think, anyhow shoot also can...

now i think, compose, think, compose, research on the net... think again...read books... study people photos... my shots are bad... :(

either im lousy or i need to rediscover myself... my equipment remain the same, i check all the lens, camera, all ok... problem is me :( even my editing sucks now...

seems like my pics are either soft(not that im particular but seems like it lack something), composition no good, and noisy pics, exposure also off...

my wife try to console me, says becos the weather no good, so bad light, the model i shoot not pretty so not nice... but i think i suck... :cry:

I'll MIA for months before I let myself gets to this stage. If you wanna do some macros maybe can come to a kopi session with me. Maybe can find new inspirations for the both of us^^

Edit: Could you had taken a shot that had so much impact on you, that the rest just don't seems to work anymore?

Last edited:
I'll MIA for months before I let myself gets to this stage. If you wanna do some macros maybe can come to a kopi session with me. Maybe can find new inspirations for the both of us^^

Edit: Could you had taken a shot that had so much impact on you, that the rest just don't seems to work anymore?

Wah where u go... MIA so long... Still busy with wedding ah...

was browsing through my old XMM shots... :bsmilie: cannot replicate them anymore

kopi session :think: Bernard and seefei would be interested, he told me u MIA he got no inspiration :bsmilie:

but weekday difficult... this month weekend already fill with outing and CNY, Feb i reservist, march to April i will be away 3 weeks for holiday... so how ?

Chio chio Seefei and Bernard if they wan kopi... i dunno...

Wah where u go... MIA so long... Still busy with wedding ah...

was browsing through my old XMM shots... :bsmilie: cannot replicate them anymore

kopi session :think: Bernard and seefei would be interested, he told me u MIA he got no inspiration :bsmilie:

but weekday difficult... this month weekend already fill with outing and CNY, Feb i reservist, march to April i will be away 3 weeks for holiday... so how ?

Chio chio Seefei and Bernard if they wan kopi... i dunno...

Ya busy with wedding stuffs. Also taking a break from photography and looking at bridal work, now filled with motivations to try out pre-wedding photography. Going SZ next month for my pre-wedding, signed with these 2 BS;
http://www.vinsy.com/
http://www.szmcyx.com/ (managed to get their award winning photographer to take for us)

So the SZ trip will be a learning trip for me as well. Hope to bring back something^^ Mainly how to communicate with human subjects (I only know how to talk animals lol) and how to direct to get some nice pose and angles. Maybe can do some sharing when I get back lol

Best you all put on a Sat morning/afternoon or weekdays lunch lor. We can do a short session in small group.

XMM shots could it be the models? Or maybe you are too confused over different type of photography in ur mind. Oh ya ur recent work pretty gloomy, try something colorful.^^ Or maybe u forgot ur workflow editing those XMM shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.