How/Where to lodge complain for Silver Cab??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sion said:
I agree with Uncle Kwee.

The other day our manager bought a car boot of bricks from nearby factory. When he drove home the two front wheels were in the air.

Don't put all bowling balls in the boot. Put one in the front seat on the lap of the taxi-driver, one in the backseat and the third one in the boot to balance things up.

Like dat everyone will be happy.
Best place for balls is between your legs...........

HS

Sion said:
Agreed. There should be a gesture of appreciation from satisfied customers.

I think it's a bit much to expect us to open our wallets for tips. When you talk about money, people just close up or pretend not to hear it.

Haw 'bout a peck on the cheek or a hug to the taxi driver if he gives you "a pleasant ride"? This will cost people nothing.
Once I kissed the driver for a pleasant ride......I think he didn't like it!.......:-(

HS

slam his boot lar... its amazing such "aliens" exist in the society.... should be condemned for good in the slumps of kallang river...

look on the bright side... there are taxi uncles who are extremely helpful n friendly... HIS LICENSE MUST BE REVOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and given tooooo meeeeeee!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :devil: :cry: :cry:

hongsien said:
If I was carrying your bowlingball in my car (which I don't have btw), I would also complain :)..........if you think the bowling balls could damage something in his car, at least have the courtesy to leave it inside the passenger space lah! Or he could have asked you to do that......its not that you are paying him, that you can expect him to accept a certain chance of damaging his car (well it belongs to the taxi company, and he probably has to pay for any damage caused by passenger)......think from his side of viewpoint also

Hong Sien
well... he could have at least told us...

anyway his bowling balls were in his bowling bags which acts like any other luggages...

same same.. and we in fact put it gently.. not like dumping the whole bag in with force :angel:

eh.. actually after I took a taxi in Taiwan and a Toot Toot Car in India... I sort of appreciate how safe the local cabbies are.. haha...

enivre said:
eh.. actually after I took a taxi in Taiwan and a Toot Toot Car in India... I sort of appreciate how safe the local cabbies are.. haha...

true...
remember 4 yrs back @ 2001, took a taxi in Taiwan.
When the driver realize I from Singapore.
He say "singapore government so rich and ur country so small. Why don't ur gov brought lands from Malaysia, like JB. :what: :eek:

I'm in shock.

I'm take my passport, airticket, money ready. All put inside my jeans. Place my hand at the door, check the door is not lock(by eye). Get really to jump car any time. :sweat:

I am a regular Taxi commuter, almost on a daily basis as I do not own a car. On the whole, NTUC cab drivers are polite and helpful and I concur that the newer cab companies are not so professional in their driving habits and general demeanour.

yeah...agree with Voigtlander that the newer taxi companies are indeed "unprofessional" .. esp their booking hotlines......totally horrible.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

guess i will stick the the more "COMFORTABLE" taxis.... :dunno:

If unhappy with the cabby service, don't pay money and make a run for it. :bsmilie:

ckhaos said:
Singaporeans are so spoiled nowadays that everything is complain complain complain. If service is bad, by all means complain. But do you ever tip the taxi driver if he gave you a pleasant ride? COurtesy goes both ways. I think once customers start to tip good taxi drivers, then the number of unpleasant incidents will drop.

Ya man, they're also trying to earn a living. If you've been driving for 10 hours, sometimes, it is hard to put on a smile or be nice if there is something bugging you.

Tip? Many are neow chee neow lan. Dun put too much hope. If the fare is $5.80 and you pay $6 and told him to keep the change, most drivers will be happy even thou its only 20 cents. It makes their day. Some ppl go to normal family restaurants and pay 10% service charge but expect 5 star fine dinning service.

tzechuan said:
bad experience wif Silver Cab gangster driver this evening fm airport.

As I struggled wif lugguage into boot, he rudely ask me to HURRY UP saying TAXI CANNOT STOP AT TAXI STAND FOR LONG AS HE WILL GET FINE (??????). I ask him sure or not.... he say "go and be taxi driver then you know...." I "too lan" liao ;(

Wat's more to come was his dangerous driving as if singapore road only he pay road tax..... wavering in and out of TPE lanes!!!!!!!!!!! :nono:

Reach my home, ask him to assist wif my lugguage, knn he simply bo chap me! :angry:

Just now call their hotline, the person cant even speak properly (i also paiseh for them!!!), then I hang up.... :eek:

I have condemned their service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT EVER USE SILVER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (NOT MY 1ST EXPERIENCE OREADI!!!!!!!!!) :thumbsd:

Anyone know which "higher authority" can complain to????

I had a few bad experience too! Yes, maybe they are tired, but this is their job they have to respect their job and try to love their job.

Some time I had big fight with my husband and I am very "hot", but when customers approach me I will still smile to them and give my best service to them.

Anyway don't call their hot line, they will not do anything. Is better for you to call LTA.

Toto38 said:
I had a few bad experience too! Yes, maybe they are tired, but this is their job they have to respect their job and try to love their job.

Some time I had big fight with my husband and I am very "hot", but when customers approach me I will still smile to them and give my best service to them.

Anyway don't call their hot line, they will not do anything. Is better for you to call LTA.

Having a bad mood doesn't mean one doesn't respect his/her job. Its very normal and human nature. Not everyone can control his/her emotions as well as you. :) He is a taxi driver, not a limo driver. :)

afbug said:
Ya man, they're also trying to earn a living. If you've been driving for 10 hours, sometimes, it is hard to put on a smile or be nice if there is something bugging you.

I disagree....this is not a good excuse for reckless driving and can you imagine everyone doing that after driving for 10hrs? :thumbsd: If the driver can't control his emotion then he should go home and catch some sleep :dunno:

My most memorable taxi ride, or rather, one that I'd rather not remember, was taken about 10 years ago with my parents going from some relatives' place back to our home in Toa Payoh.

Along the way the driver was chatting happily with us, then suddenly he said he's got stomach ache and needed to go to the toilet! :eek:

So he went on and on saying things like "Ouch...this really hurts...oh no this is bad....alamak there are no public toilets around here....don't worry I can get you guys back home....."

We were totally amazed and disgusted, and told him that it would be OK for him to let us off the taxi to catch another one while he go deal with his nature's call. He simply refused!

Finally he managed to bring us as close to our home as the nearby market and surrendered. He made a quick turn into the carpark of the market, almost hit another car. Before we could pay him the fare he dashed out of the car and disappeared into the market. We just left the money in the car and walked the rest of the way home.

Toto38 said:

Haw many times have I said to you guys:

"It's better to be the customer of a woman than her husband."

:lovegrin: :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

Must complain them la! They really spoilt the image of Singapore! Give them (black sheep) one time jialat jialat ding-dong-bell!!! :devil:

just nice, as I was going to ask about my situation.

I boarded a cab at peninsula plaza, I wanted to go to harbourfront.
So told him just "drive stright down", in my mind, it is a stright route directly down through either china town or shenton way down to harbourfront.

the guy turn to orchard road, then river valley road, then telok blanglah before reaching habour front.

Is it still an "acceptable" route ? or it is really a detour ?

cheers

rueyloon said:
just nice, as I was going to ask about my situation.

I boarded a cab at peninsula plaza, I wanted to go to harbourfront.
So told him just "drive stright down", in my mind, it is a stright route directly down through either china town or shenton way down to harbourfront.

the guy turn to orchard road, then river valley road, then telok blanglah before reaching habour front.

Is it still an "acceptable" route ? or it is really a detour ?

cheers

That guy drive you for a merry-go-round? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.