How to save a noisy pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The freeware noiseware is just superb dude. No complaints!

Just wanna add to some of the questions already answered, I do face some noise problems too on my D70. While shooting in ISO200 produces almost no noise, sometimes it is not adequate. I tried using Neat Image (freeware trial version), the results in reducing noise is good but the downside of it, it smoothens a lot of things (like the subject's face). Sometimes, the result looks so doll-like, which is something I want to avoid.

Any better ideas to reduce noise other than this?

ISO200 still need to reduce noise?

lastboltnut said:
Yah loh, ISO 200 still not good enough?:eek: So strict leh.

Sorry for not making myself clearer. To explain my statement, try imagine the following scenario:

• You are in an exhibition
  • There are many people
  • You are standing behind a hugh horde of people trying to photograph a model
  • You are equipped with a long zoom lens that maximum aperture only reaches F6.3 at 200mm
  • Your flash just ran out of batteries

I hope the above scenario explains why I say ISO200 is inadequate.

Zeckson Chow said:
Sorry for not making myself clearer. To explain my statement, try imagine the following scenario:

• You are in an exhibition
  • There are many people
  • You are standing behind a hugh horde of people trying to photograph a model
  • You are equipped with a long zoom lens that maximum aperture only reaches F6.3 at 200mm
  • Your flash just ran out of batteries

I hope the above scenario explains why I say ISO200 is inadequate.
at 200mm if you're saying you're sufficiently far back,at f/6.3, i doubt even with a flash will do any good without a flash extender, else your flash will just be firing full blast everytime. I thought you were a constant f/2.8 lens person?

EDIT: I still don't see why you say ISO200 is noisy from your above scenario.
If the exhibition is outdoor ISO200 wun be a problem if in strong afternoon sun at f/6.3, what's wrong?
If indoor with only weak ceiling fluo tubes, why are you still trying to use ISO200.
:dunno: why you find ISO200 noisy? what's it got to do with exhibition,200mm f/6.3 and no flash? :confused:
Maybe a picture will be better at explaining.

yanyewkay said:
at 200mm if you're saying you're sufficiently far back,at f/6.3, i doubt even with a flash will do any good without a flash extender, else your flash will just be firing full blast everytime. I thought you were a constant f/2.8 lens person?

EDIT: I still don't see why you say ISO200 is noisy from your above scenario.
If the exhibition is outdoor ISO200 wun be a problem if in strong afternoon sun at f/6.3, what's wrong?
If indoor with only weak ceiling fluo tubes, why are you still trying to use ISO200.
:dunno: why you find ISO200 noisy? what's it got to do with exhibition,200mm f/6.3 and no flash? :confused:
Maybe a picture will be better at explaining.

Ha ha ha ha. No no, in exhibition halls, I will have to pump up the ISO to at least 1000 or higher. That's where I say ISO200 isn't adequate because you will get dark pictures every time. But having high ISOs, you will also have noise. This is my challenge. :)

No lah, I am not always using F2.8 lah. F2.8 isn't everything you know? ;)

zeck you need to train your arms for proper hand holding technique
so that you do not need to use high iso speeds

I'm a bit confused now..:confused:

i show you CCTV... first you say ISO200 not clean enough, so you used neat image
Zeckson Chow said:
... While shooting in ISO200 produces almost no noise, sometimes it is not adequate. I tried using Neat Image ...

then you say ISO200 not enough, need to up ISO...
Zeckson Chow said:
... in exhibition halls, I will have to pump up the ISO to at least 1000 or higher. That's where I say ISO200 isn't adequate because you will get dark pictures every time. But having high ISOs, you will also have noise. ...

so your 'inadequate' refer to inadequate clean or inadequate bright? so confusing :confused:

must exprain.. why why why

perhaps he means that iso200 is inadequate so he has to up to like, iso1000 and above.. thus the need for noise reduction?
tho his statement is rather vague..

ortega said:

Wah... With the crowd pushing and stepping on toes, I don't think this technique works well there leh... Hee hee hee.

Zeckson Chow said:
Just wanna add to some of the questions already answered, I do face some noise problems too on my D70. While shooting in ISO200 produces almost no noise, sometimes it is not adequate. I tried using Neat Image (freeware trial version), the results in reducing noise is good but the downside of it, it smoothens a lot of things (like the subject's face). Sometimes, the result looks so doll-like, which is something I want to avoid.

Aw... Alamak... Very vague meh? Maybe lor. Wah, I must spell out everything clearly on the table on ah? Don't like that leh, don't torture me leh. You guys know what I mean lah, don't pretend. Ha ha ha ha.

So how? Any "solutions" to this? Or really must go like what Catchlights say, carry tons of strobes there... Ha ha ha ha!

By the way, any idea when the Mr Brown movie going to come out? :D

Zeckson Chow said:
Wah... With the crowd pushing and stepping on toes, I don't think this technique works well there leh... Hee hee hee.
then bring monopod and wack ppl lor

Zeckson Chow said:
Aw... Alamak... Very vague meh? Maybe lor. Wah, I must spell out everything clearly on the table on ah? Don't like that leh, don't torture me leh. You guys know what I mean lah, don't pretend. Ha ha ha ha.

So how? Any "solutions" to this? Or really must go like what Catchlights say, carry tons of strobes there... Ha ha ha ha!

By the way, any idea when the Mr Brown movie going to come out? :D

1st you must understand the science of taking pic in a congested situation;
then you must apply your undersatnding to produe the art

Hi ortega, do you mean pratise for a steady hand then can use longer exposure shutter timing so no need to push up ISO?

ortega said:

dDarkroom said:
1st you must understand the science of taking pic in a congested situation;
then you must apply your undersatnding to produe the art

Mmm... Good idea! I don't know. I not sure. Can you teach me?

Zeckson Chow said:

Then it's obvious your exposure and post processing skills is causing the noise to be more obvious.

PLBV.

_espn_ said:
Then it's obvious your exposure and post processing skills is causing the noise to be more obvious.

PLBV.

Okay. Thanks for your observation. Can you also share with me how I should be rectifying this problem?

Zeckson Chow said:
Mmm... Good idea! I don't know. I not sure. Can you teach me?

can but you are in bangkok.

Status
Not open for further replies.