How long did it take you to sell your item in the Personal Classifieds?

Average time for a sale in Personal Classifieds

• Less than a day

• Between 2 and 3 days

• Between 4 and 6 days

• More than 1 week

• Did not conclude sale

Results are only viewable after voting.

i sold my 55-250mm lens in a day... or a matter of fact within 3 hours of posting... :bsmilie:
that was fast!

officially...6 hours after i put up the thread...my items has been sold... cheers to CS and my buyer... wohooo!! :bsmilie:

Well the reply was prompt, but after agreement on the deal. I don't hear from that seller even after a few sms's ..

Normally before I sell anything, I'll do a scan-through of existing and previous ads of the same item...

Then I'll compare the prices and basically price mine according to the Mean price of what I found. This ensures that I'm not overpricing, or underpricing...

I guess as a seller, we'll always face the Houdinis (make a date to meet and test, and then inform you minutes before meeting that they found a better offer) or the Low-ballers... But I guess from forums like these, would be:

1) Picky buyers
- These people expect a brand new item, though it's 2nd hand. And they need to get real...

and...
2) Picky buyers who take the chance, any chance, to low-ball you...
- These piss me off big-time. They play around with your stuff, shake it, bite it, knock it against the wall (dun laugh, someone took an old IS lens and knocked it against a wall to "test sturdy or not")... Basically they'll play rough with your items, giving it so much punishment within the few seconds that you meet to test... And then they'll find every single minuscle fault (even paint scratched from knocking against a wall), and then tell you it's damaged... On top of that, they ask for a massive discount "because it's broken" (even though the damage is by them)...

Last edited:
I agree i goto ebay i get all my lenses there and so cheap .....

test test

Less than a day.

Mostly around 1 week loh.

within a week mostly.;)

around 1 week i think...

havent really posted an item - busy busy with work!
if only work can be hobby!

About 1 week for me...;)

it depend what items you are selling, it take less than 5 mintue to sell my lowepro bag,but it take more than a week to sell my B+W filter.

Did not conclude sale

Lol i got my camera in 1 day, and my bag for less then a day.

Checked the stuff in the morning, and then deal in the afternoon! Awesome xD Thanks CS!

oso depends on the economy.:think:
in these times, more sellers than buyers, so may be a bit slower

Fastest sale i had was like 2 minutes after I put up the advert.

For Canon 50mm 1.4.

however, certain items very difficult to sell. Lower price also cannot.
things like quick release plate, or software. I've had these on the B/S
before and no takers.

Depends on the type of items you have and whether got good resale value.

Depends lor haha.

I tried to sell this pretty good lens 48hrs sold already haha. But pretty attractive price hahas

But then theres a camera body ive been trying to sell but cannot sell lol. Who wants a camera thats no longer selling in shops hahas? oh yeah, its also a budget camera. Who wants that haha?