How long did it take you to sell your item in the Personal Classifieds?

Average time for a sale in Personal Classifieds

• Less than a day

• Between 2 and 3 days

• Between 4 and 6 days

• More than 1 week

• Did not conclude sale

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guess it depends on your luck who responds to your ad. I thought I had a nice gentleman who responded to my WTB ad and even arranged a meeting place and time to deal. Got played out at the eleventh hour when he decided to advertise his item 3 hours before the deal and got it done.

It's all a matter of demand vs supply. More demand -> Faster sale. It's how things work in our capitalist economy.

In my view, I have seen lots of Buy & Sell in CS and generally there are just 3 types of sellers here.

1) Most of the sellers are trying to sell around the market price and those who sell below the market price will always get their item sold within a few days or less, unless its a very specialize item or brand. These sellers include people will put their wares for bidding.

2) the other type of sellers I notice is those who price their items very close to the retail prices or above the market price and will not even bother to give or give very little discounts.
These sellers generally either will sell when they feel that the market must accept their prices or just put the items up for sale to just to showcase that they own the items and have no intention of "really selling" the items. You will notice these sellers put a whole range of items for "sale" and can list it for more than 6 months or so.

3)The last type is they really want to sell the items and will give an attractive price. These sellers normally will clear their items within 48 hours or less and will not bother to let their items go on bidding or may if the item is not as popular as the market demands.

I belong to the 3rd type!
I do agree the price usually dictates the length of time it takes to sell the item. However, sometimes with the model specific type of items, it might take a while to find the new owner even if the price is attractive.

It took me quite a while to sell my RRS L-Plate that was made for Canon 40D since the plate is quite expensive in the first place and the demand might not be great and it only works on 40D.

if ur price is damn good, probably within a few hours u can get it sold liao haha.

People buy and flip lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk