How do sellers operate on clubsnap? i feel so cheated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all do respect to everyone

But this is totally an off thing to do. It refelect's the seller's personality and attitude clearly. He should've said so that the item not around or give a valid reason. People may hang to hope sometimes. To me it's totally wrong what happened, but what can you do my friend life goes on and it was a lesson to be learnt.

Well, the highest bidder wins i guess... money is truely evil...

Plus this kind of sale are not bounded to time limit, it all based on the seller.

Cheer up man:)

Well, the highest bidder wins i guess... money is truely evil...

Plus this kind of sale are not bounded to time limit, it all based on the seller.

Cheer up man:)

hehe... money is amoral... it is the love of money that trips people up :bsmilie:

If buyer and seller agrees on the pricing and the deal time, then both should honor it.

Hmmm .. food for thought ....

a. since buyer agree to buy without examining the condition of goods, then buyer will have to buy no matter what

b. if buyer dont show up, then buyer should send "cancellation" fee to seller

How ? Makes sense ?

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the system or CS. CS can come up with alot of regulation...but...its just individual integrity.

Just know that is such ppl and dun be one of them.

Cheers.:D

i don think its anything wrong, at least he never agreed to meet u and then last min tell you he dont wanna meet anymore.

Well think of it this say, lets say someone is selling an item for $2000. U bargained until $1000 and he agreed. But the meeting date is set to a few days later. However in the same day, someone came along and offered him the $2000 that he originally wanted.

So if you are the seller, would u sell at $1000 to the 1st buyer? Or sell at $2000 to 2nd buyer?

I would definitely sell to 2nd buyer.

Last edited:
Imagine this :

You are selling of your handphone to one of the 2nd hand dealers. You went to the first shop and it offers you a price that you think is fair and you wanted to sell to him. However, another store near by saw what you are doing and offer $50 more before you hand over your phone to the first guy. What will your respond be?:think:

Hmm, this is very common. For even a few dollars, I'm amazed that some one can sell their integrity and don't keep their promise - as long as they think they can get away without any dire consequences. :(

if both party already agreed on the price both should honor the agreement, regardless buyer or seller. The fact that so many replies above states there's nothing wrong pretty much tells u how many such ppl there are. Just your luck.....too bad.....

Imagine this :

You are selling of your handphone to one of the 2nd hand dealers. You went to the first shop and it offers you a price that you think is fair and you wanted to sell to him. However, another store near by saw what you are doing and offer $50 more before you hand over your phone to the first guy. What will your respond be?:think:

i think clubsnap should just adopt an auction system, with BNP.

i'm sure there will be less disputes. everyone happy.

there are so many grey areas here. did the threadstarter offer a below average price? i generally only sell on clubsnap, what all these aeroplane flyers do not understand is that people are not free bums who do nothing but hawk lenses. there have been instances where i had to rearrange schedules just to cater to their specific timing needs, only to be told curtly later on that they have found something else with a cheaper price, sorry. the best part is that i usually sell my items for slightly below market price, so i have my doubts about that being possible.

your shop analogy is not the same. the shop deals with second hand stuff for a living, so their schedule is all about doing that. besides, you went to them, there is no need for arrangement for meeting times and compromising on schedules.

Having said that, I have done the "honourable" thing before myself, so... shrug. I tried to sell my SB-80DX on CS here in late November, and probably put too low a value on it. Within an hour I had about four requests to view the flash, and I told the people who responded 2, 3 and 4 that someone had already asked to view the flash. Someone then offered me *more* than what I was asking for, but I said, I've already set up a viewing for the first guy, but if he doesn't take it then you're next in line. In the end the first guy happily paid my asking price, and I didn't even try to say, someone's offered me more would you be willing to match that? In my case I guess a sale hadn't even been agreed, merely a viewing appointment set up.

i held an item for someone before, for close to 2 weeks, because he claimed he wasn't free then.

2 weeks later, after all the other buyers had lost interest, he told me that he couldn't come up with the money. it was less than $200 item. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

these days, can't deal with 3 days? go fly a kite. :thumbsup:

I think there is nothing wrong. Unless the potential buyer has paid some deposit, the seller need not wait for the buyer when a better offer comes along. There is NO LOSS to the potential buyer so no need to complain.

As a seller myself, I have been played out many times by buyers who wasted my time, sounded like very keen, tested the item then disappeared.

IMHO, if u get a better deal and more money , sure why not ?

BUT I hope that the seller at least had the courtesy to tell the first potential buyer that the deal is aborted and not to waste time and expense travelling to meeting place (THIS IS THE LOSS THAT THE AEROPLAN'ED BUYER SUFFERS)

Do not happy happy at selling a better price to higher bid and forget about (and fly aeroplane) the original prospective buyer

Last edited:
i don think its anything wrong, at least he never agreed to meet u and then last min tell you he dont wanna meet anymore.

Well think of it this say, lets say someone is selling an item for $2000. U bargained until $1000 and he agreed. But the meeting date is set to a few days later. However in the same day, someone came along and offered him the $2000 that he originally wanted.

So if you are the seller, would u sell at $1000 to the 1st buyer? Or sell at $2000 to 2nd buyer?

I would definitely sell to 2nd buyer.

hehe... in the first place, i would not let the person bargain to $1000 and agree on that price... and if i did agree on $1000, i would sell it at $1000 because I've given my word :)

think all sale should put in a clause citing, 'owners reserved the rights to cancel the transaction" and 'buyer have the rights to cancel the purchase order' so any party won't be pissed off if any side is a clown...

people that are dealing here long enough will tell you this....

"ntg is done till money and goods change hands"

if you expectations is as such then perhaps you won't be so upset

My own take on this is "Your word is your bond". If I were to agree to something, I would honour it, else I wouldn't agree to it in the first instance.

If its important to you that people take you at face value, your words should carry gravity and in order to establish that, you have to build a track record of meaning what you say and saying what you mean. Anything else smacks of ..... well, you know what I mean.

Ive been buying a few items from Csers the last few weeks and i realised something. currently i was advertising on buying item A.
this one guy pm me and tell me about the price. i tried to lower it and he agreed saying i was keen. However this lowered price wasnt the sellers original intended price.

i wanted to deal there and then and offered to drive from the east to the west to get the item from him on the spot cos it was urgent. Unfortunately he said that the item A wasnt with him at the time.

So i told him its okay tell me when u get the item. Then after about 4 hours he sms me saying that someone offer him a higher price via email.

i mean if he advertised he was selling and i offered a lower price than he intended maybe doing that was right.

but we agreed on the lower price already but he continues to find a buyer that offers him higher.

is that a right thing to do here on CS or am i just being sour he got a better deal than i gave him?

thanks for ur time =D

PS: partly i wanted to deal there and then is because i somehow was afraid something like that will happen...

Common sense lah. What would you do if you are in his shoes?
Perhaps if u had made a reasonable offer + ur free service to pick it up from him, none of this would have happened?

Lowballers are NOT very welcomed in CS.

Last edited:
My own take on this is "Your word is your bond". If I were to agree to something, I would honour it, else I wouldn't agree to it in the first instance.

If its important to you that people take you at face value, your words should carry gravity and in order to establish that, you have to build a track record of meaning what you say and saying what you mean. Anything else smacks of ..... well, you know what I mean.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.